PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Francesca on WFAN re: Jets: 'I Told You So'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now he's taking shots at the Pats D. "They're not that good."...."They are susceptible on defense."....."Their D has benefited from turnovers."

I love that people think the Pats D is soft. It's not what it will be this time next year, but has anyone noticed they've given up 10 points in their last two games and had a very good second half against Detroit on Thanksgiving.

When does the "their D is soft" rap start to get called into question?

From where I'm sitting this is a group that gets better every week.

I dont listen to this guy often, but when I was driving through NY the Friday before the Pats/Jets game, he would not shut up about how the Jets were the better team, more talented, etc etc and he definitely said they should win. Seems a bit hypocritical.

Francessa is a clown.He's saying the pats are not good.They dont have a defense etc.I live in new york and hear this crap.This is not the first time he says.We have potential on defense.

Let's see, how does it go? He was great before ripping the Jets but now he's questioning the Pats' defense so he's a moron.

You guys have to stop getting so worked up over people's opinions. Francesa's a blowhard, but he's pretty entertaining. And that's about it.

He's been praising the Pats a lot. He does say he's not sure this defense is a championship one yet. And you know what? He might be right. We'll see.

now they are saying that ALL of the Jets coaches were lined up and that the second guy dropped his shoulder...

The NFL better KILL the Jets on this one.....

I'm watching the YES feed on TiVo (couldn't resist some schadenfreude), and wow. This could indeed be something larger going on here. This might shed light on the silence from Rex et al.

Francessa is a clown.He's saying the pats are not good.They dont have a defense etc.I live in new york and hear this crap.This is not the first time he says.We have potential on defense.

He didn't say the Patriots "are not good". He said that the defense is not a championship level defense. Based upon the full season, which is what he was doing by using the year-long statistics, he's absolutely correct.

The question for the Patriots and Patriots fans, and for the whole NFL, is whether the defense of the past two weeks is the new standard or an anomaly.

Well this defense will definetly have to grow up quickly in the playoffs.Its a matter of getting to the QB.He basically said that our offense gets to such a big start that it makes it easier on our defense.Our defense has talent.I think McCourthy has all the talent in the world

Your wrong.He has said before that the pats are not good.

As I say in any topic about him, he's the best in the business.

So what if he thinks our defense is suspect? He's not biased at all and also says he's a Brady (over Manning) guy.

Your wrong.He has said before that the pats are not good.

That's not what he said today. Present tense, which is what you were using with "He's saying".

His problem with the Jets is the immature 'look at me while i tell you how great i am' approach.
He said they lack character and discipline and thats what winning teams are build on.
He's right.

He's a hypocrite then.He said before today that the pats where no good.The guy's so pompous

Some Jets fan just called in comparing Ryan to Belichick and implied Belichick isn't a good coach, to which Mike responded...

"I don't like Belichick. He doesn't like me and I don't like him, but saying he's a bad coach is the dumbest thing to ever hit the airwaves."

Some Jets fan just called in comparing Ryan to Belichick and implied Belichick isn't a good coach, to which Mike responded...

"I don't like Belichick. He doesn't like me and I don't like him, but saying he's a bad coach is the dumbest thing to ever hit the airwaves."
The guy was trying to take the new Jet butt-hurt position. Belichick didnt win in Cleveland, which was going to lead to "Give Rex a break, he will be good someday. Just like the Snachez apologists answer he sucks with 'its only his 2nd year, he will definitely get better"
The bravado of we are the greatest, everyone wants to be like us, we will win it all, has turned into we still have a chance someday.

He's a hypocrite then.He said before today that the pats where no good.The guy's so pompous

He's not necessarily a hypocrite, since good/bad are debatable and variable when it comes to sports teams. Also, given that you've misreported what he said today, how can we believe your claims of what he'd said earlier?

Hmmmm. Since Parcells and Francessa are (or at least were) buddy buddy, I'd have figured Belichick and Francessa would at least be on amicable terms. Wonder what went down.

(I lived in Nebraska from 97-02 and then Korea 02-03, so I wasn't really in touch with WFAN like I was in my childhood/teen years...if there was some well known problem after the HC of NYJ resignation, I don't know it)

I was living in NYC back in 1999, when after BB resigned as the "HC of the NYJ", Francesca (who is Parcels BFF) knew that BB was going to NE said on the air, " BB should not buy the bill of goods that Kraft is selling him, there is no way that New England is going to be a better franchise than the Jets"

So everything he says has to come through the Parcells prisim, he hates the Jets know, because Parcells hates the Jets now.

I didnt misinterpret anything.The guy's a patriots hater going back to the mike and the mad dog show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes