PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fournette visiting Pats

If we land Fourtnette and Beckham all will be forgiven.

Yeah, Tampa will make the cap space if they want him.

That’s not surprising because they don’t really have a choice but will it be enough to sign more free agents AND cover the cost of the draft? That tweet by Howe doesn’t specify.

Odell got hurt in the super bowl dude isn’t playing a game this year
It’s hard to say. He could be back mid season or sooner?
I think I read his surgery is completed and expected to be full go by week 1.

Lenny would be a great addition. Is RB the biggest need? No, but why would you give up the chance to upgrade the position?

Lenny would give Mac a big powerful RB with speed, who can block and catch out of the backfield?

How is that not someone you would want on the roster?

Few thoughts:

1. Lenny is using the Patriots as leverage with Tampa/ other interested teams but also, as an emergency fall back.
He is publicly speaking about being a top 5 back in the NFL when you combine his receiving and rushing stats. So what he's really saying is "F you pay me". Problem is at his age and mileage that pay day probably isn't coming...so if all else fails he knows he could prob come here on a decent multi year deal. This would be last resort because he isn't coming here and putting up the stats it would take to go get paid elsewhere.

2. Patriots have been interested in the past. Worth noting. You'd have to think at this rate at some point it's going to happen..so it wouldn't totally shock me if Patriots got aggressive.

3. What does it mean for Harris? Trade candidate? Is Rhamondre going to take more work from James White to keep him fresh and allow Fournette and Harris to be a 1-2 combo?
It gets funky when you think about it..in a good way.

At this point this team needs as much talent on both sides of the ball as possible ... I do believe Fournette would be a good addition but I won't cry if it doesn't happen. I'd be as content with some sort of commitment to Harris and Rham for another year and drafting the next guy ..keep the cycle going.

Not sure how we would split the snaps with 4 viable RB, but maybe injuries would take care of that for us.
3 losses last year which Harris or Stevenson were out and there was no White. None of those games could they get the run game going.
Whole pre-season and then 17 games, RBs get dinged up. Also if Jakob Johnson's has merit they might not be using a FB but they could still be using going with 2 back formations

The Pats have eliminated the FB position for 2022. They always change the offense up every season with a new twist here or there.

Fournette here makes sense. Big man who can block when needed, but also brings offensive firepower that traditional NE FBs have lacked.

The Pats have eliminated the FB position for 2022. They always change the offense up every season with a new twist here or there.

Fournette here makes sense. Big man who can block when needed, but also brings offensive firepower that traditional NE FBs have lacked.

And if you're not carrying a traditional fullback on the roster, it frees up a spot to carry an extra RB as well. Could also carry an extra TE, if they have one worth keeping.

And if you're not carrying a traditional fullback on the roster, it frees up a spot to carry an extra RB as well. Could also carry an extra TE, if they have one worth keeping.
Id like to get rid of a TE named Jonu Smith.

Id like to get rid of a TE named Jonu Smith.

Unfortunately, I think the way his contract is structured makes that next to impossible. Our best bet for 2022 is finding a better way to use him.

Re-signed with Tampa. For those numbers, I’m good

Yeah, we weren't going that high for a guy who would be in a three man rotation (possibly four if White is right). Oh well.

Unfortunately, I think the way his contract is structured makes that next to impossible. Our best bet for 2022 is finding a better way to use him.
I do think that is entirely possible. He led all TEs in YAC. Unfortunately he also would just have horrendous moments. I think lots of potential which hopefully can be realised

Re-signed with Tampa. For those numbers, I’m good

Tampa would always outbid us. They are in win now. We aren’t. There’s no sense in picking up big contracts unless they are longterm and

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back