PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Four players placed on IR, including Bodden; Terrence Johnson cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nowhere. He made it up.

Or it could be that Merriweather has CB skills and actually saw a substantial amount of time at CB during his rookie TC. Not to mention what he did while he was at Miami, whenever they went up against a big time receiver they moved Merriweather to CB and had him cover him.

What you call made up, I call deductive reasoning...:rolleyes:

What's the consensus of thought here.... would this be a good time to dangle the Raiders first round pick out there and see what it might catch?

Nope....bridge year dude...bridge year....they need to take a step back before they go forward...

Come on, the injury bug already completely decimated the Sox and now their going to start decimating the Pats before the season even starts? WTF.

The injuries the last few years have been awful.
Brady all of '08
Welker heading into the playoffs in '09
The Sox starters going into the playoff's in '08
KG for the Celtics in '08
Perk in the playoffs in '09
Half the Sox all-stars in '10
and it's already starting for the Pats here in '10.
Boston sports is cursed. Really, they are.

whole league been decimated by injuries this preseason. i think it actually supports 18 game season more. if players gonna get torn to shreds anyways may as well have the games count.

is it me or have starters [all teams] played more this preseason than usual?

What a gut punch. This is going to be one young secondary, hopefully BB can scheme ways to get to the QB to take some pressure off them.

With that awesome pass rushing defensive line???

I am so glad I've got Brady on my fantasy football team this year. Say hello to alot of 47-38 games.

What's the consensus of thought here.... would this be a good time to dangle the Raiders first round pick out there and see what it might catch?

How about I just KILL you? :)

*Edit: Smiley Face.

Not to mention there is no season saving CB available for trade anyway.

The next round of cuts may yield somebody.

It anit ovah till its ovah

Curse? 6 Titles in 10 years.
No curse. The check has simply come due.

What kind of COMPLETE loser calls New England "Cursed" after a Decade of Converging Glory that NO region ~ not even New York or LA ~ has EVER matched?? :rolleyes:

Best Decade EVER: New England. 2000's. BOOKED. :D

Dont expect another team to offer anyone to the Pats unless they get something solid in return...like the raiders first round pick next year.
The only corners who would even have at netting that Raiders 1st rounder are Darell Revis, Nnamdi Assfacemugha, and maybe DRC if Bell Belichick was having an off day. There's no way that 1st rounder is getting traded, especially for a quick fix player who they only need because Bodden is injured.

Give it more time then we can start sifting through more released players maybe the Lions will gut my main man Dre Bly...

I agree that Merriweather was a CB coming out of college but i don't expect to see BB taking him off the safety position. I expect that BB will go with the CB's as they now are and will attempt to land one from the cuts coming down soon. Dont expect another team to offer anyone to the Pats unless they get something solid in return...like the raiders first round pick next year.

For what it's worth, I actually like your style, BleedBlue, but: You, sir, are on CRACK.

By the end of the year ~ after some HORROR SHOWS, more than likely ~ Butler, McCourty, Wheatley, and Wihlite could be rapidly developing into one of the best Corner Crews in the GAME, and anybody we get NOW would look JUST as awful, as he did the Baptism By Fire thing, trying, frantically, to learn our System on the fly...Why not let this young Corp develop??

Meanwhile, the Raider Pick has SERIOUS Top 5 potential. Therefore, it could either be invested in a player of potentially SEISMIC impact ~ like Quinn or Dareus ~ or parlayed 2 or 3 times to trade back to #18 or so, where we might STILL get a player of Quinn or Dareus's caliber ~ AND pick up a couple of 2012 1st Rounders in ADDITION...

Try to think more than 5 minutes ahead, I BEG of you.

Whew! The amount of kool-aid-drinking, whistling past the graveyard posting on this thread is simply stunning. Looking to next year before the season even begins comes across as some twisted form of fair-weather fandom. Anybody who thinks that McCourty wouldn't learn almost as well and the team be much better off with him as a situational substitute is delusional. Next year, Moss will likely go the way of other expensive, aging free agents. Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris, Faulk, Neil, and Light will be further over the hill or gone. New Flash: If you intend to be competitive year-in and year-out, every year is a bridge year, unless you get lucky. When your execution and luck are good enough, your bridge year can turn into a Superbowl year. Just exploit your strengths and scheme around your weaknesses and fight until things break your way. A mediocre pass rush plus inexperienced secondary make this year a big challenge, but that doesn't mean things will be any better next year. Three of our studs - Bodden, Warren, and Mankins - are gone. Suck it up and figure out how we deal with it this year. Don't waste your time imagining it's a blessing in disguise. Yeesh.

Jesus H Christ is on IR too? :D

Yeah, he played the preason with wrist and ankle injuries, but it was the rib injury that did him in.

Lost in the discussion of Bodden being put on IR, is that Daryl Richard is going there too. He has not been mentioned too prominently in camp, but in a breakthrough he played in the Rams game and recorded a sack.

His loss and both Ty Warren's and Kade Westons's IR earlier reduces the Defensive line count to 7 contestants if I'm not mistaken.

There was internal discussion that the Pats would keep 7 Defensive linemen and they now have them. Warren, Wilfork, Wright, Brace, Lewis Pryor and Deadrick.

Love is still there to slot onto the PS. I guess we should look for a waiver wire PS pickup here.

Well, losing Bodden just gives this team another opportunity to forge it's own identity, free of yet another starter from last year's soft defense.

No one knows if he can stay healthy, but Wheatley has starting level talent and some experience. Still waiting for butler to mature a bit and McCourty's a rook. Guess I'll have to get used to Wilhite flailing around. At least he hustles. We've had a lot worse talent at cornerback, though not less experience.

Whew! The amount of kool-aid-drinking, whistling past the graveyard posting on this thread is simply stunning. Looking to next year before the season even begins comes across as some twisted form of fair-weather fandom. Anybody who thinks that McCourty wouldn't learn almost as well and the team be much better off with him as a situational substitute is delusional. Next year, Moss will likely go the way of other expensive, aging free agents. Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris, Faulk, Neil, and Light will be further over the hill or gone. New Flash: If you intend to be competitive year-in and year-out, every year is a bridge year, unless you get lucky. When your execution and luck are good enough, your bridge year can turn into a Superbowl year. Just exploit your strengths and scheme around your weaknesses and fight until things break your way. A mediocre pass rush plus inexperienced secondary make this year a big challenge, but that doesn't mean things will be any better next year. Three of our studs - Bodden, Warren, and Mankins - are gone. Suck it up and figure out how we deal with it this year. Don't waste your time imagining it's a blessing in disguise. Yeesh.

Err...so you're saying we're all drinking too much Kool-Aid, and we've all given up on the season, and we're delusional to think anything good can come of this disaster, and the team could go to the SuperBowl?

You know, if you take all sides on an issue it's easy to conclude everybody else is wrong. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News