PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Four players placed on IR, including Bodden; Terrence Johnson cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
I considered Slater, but BB likes his CBs quick, Slater is fast, which is why he played Safety.

OK I thought he had slipped your mind there...

Surprised it took a whole day for someone to post this...just as classic of a line as the speech!

I am WITH you, Brother!! :D

For MY money, Brother Bluto + Brother Otter's collaborative Speech is right up there with Henry V's Saint Crispin's Day Speech, on the eve of Agincourt: "Once more unto the Breech!!" and all that rot...

YouTube - Animal House

And of course: Who can forget Bill Murray's stirring "It Just Doesn't Matter!!" call to arms in MeatBalls??

YouTube - Meatballs - It Just Doesn't Matter

And it gets better, since this is a one game at a time team: Cincinnati has two big physical WRs, I'd rather line Meriweather up at CB with Butler and let McCourty have some time to get used to NFL regular season game speed.

I wonder if Ross Ventrone or one of the reserve WRs get CB game reps against NYG? Ventrone's Pro-day numbers compare well to Samuel, Hobbs, Wheatley, and Wilhite. Jenkins, Farnham, Tate, and Price all played DB in high school, not to mention Welker.

Can I bother you for this monday's lottery numbers because you called it right...one of them got reps in the secondary.

Can I bother you for this monday's lottery numbers because you called it right...one of them got reps in the secondary.
Ventrone took CB reps and Farnham took Safety reps. What was more interesting was Woods and Murrell taking DE reps, with Larsen and Welch taking DL reps. That is one banged up team to start the season.

Ventrone took CB reps and Farnham took Safety reps. What was more interesting was Woods and Murrell taking DE reps, with Larsen and Welch taking DL reps. That is one banged up team to start the season.

or he simply rested more guys than they had bodies to fil...also seems to foshadow some waiver-wire scrounging if they are truly that desperate for guys.

still, you called it right...

I thought I was going batty when I saw Welch at NT.

or he simply rested more guys than they had bodies to fil...also seems to foshadow some waiver-wire scrounging if they are truly that desperate for guys.

still, you called it right...

BB likes backups that are versatile. He would rather have the 53rd guy who makes the squad be someone who could play mediocre at DL, OL, safety, WR, cb, long snapper, punter and kicker than a guy who could play a bit better than mediocre at left guard, but can only play left guard and would be utterly useless at right guard or any other position on the field.

The issue for BB may not be "is Farnham a better wide receiver than Ventrone is at safety?". But "is Farnham a better safety than Ventrone is at CB?

And the question may not be among Larsen and Welch which one is the better on the ol, but which one can also play dl.

Likewise the question for Woods and Murrell isn't who is the better linebacker but who is the better end.

This is what build a team that can survive injuries and still compete, instead of fold like a cheap tent.

BB likes backups that are versatile. He would rather have the 53rd guy who makes the squad be someone who could play mediocre at DL, OL, safety, WR, cb, long snapper, punter and kicker than a guy who could play a bit better than mediocre at left guard, but can only play left guard and would be utterly useless at right guard or any other position on the field.

The issue for BB may not be "is Farnham a better wide receiver than Ventrone is at safety?". But "is Farnham a better safety than Ventrone is at CB?

And the question may not be among Larsen and Welch which one is the better on the ol, but which one can also play dl.

Likewise the question for Woods and Murrell isn't who is the better linebacker but who is the better end.

This is what build a team that can survive injuries and still compete, instead of fold like a cheap tent.

Absolutely beautifully put. Coach Bill not only develops a better Bottom 20 than anyone in the Game, but he aggregates a more versatile Bottom 20, giving us an additional advantage as the season wears on and the ranks get thinned.

I agree with you on Woods and Murrell and for Ventrone and Farnham I would agree as it's the Slater and Ray Ventrone example from the past few years...but for the O-Linemen I find it hard to believe that would ever be a factor for them as they aren't likely to get a shot at the team as anything other than an offensive lineman especially on the 53.

As the 61st man as a member of the practice squad you might have a point with them but not with the 53 and especially not with other circumstances being there that could make the case as to why they were thrown in there. I stand behind the "not enough bodies" to fill the ranks in the game claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes