PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Four players placed on IR, including Bodden; Terrence Johnson cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMY is reporting that Boddin's injury is a Torn Rotator Cuff.

have to admit after looking at that IR... isn't everyone glad we picked d mcCourty now... i know we would never have known but imagine if we didn't pick a cb... even bigger holes

Yeah I doubted the McCourty pick to begin with but it's pretty clear now you can never have too much depth at corner

Mankins was apparently put on the reserve/did not report list, as well.

What are the ramifications of that? Does it save a roster spot? I was under the impression that because he was not under contract he didn't effect the roster.

Yeah we'd most likely be looking at Butler Whilite combo. Yuck

Yes, and when Wheatley inevitably was injured again, Troy Brown would be called out of retirement to play slot corner.

Damn this team looks bad, like '05 bad.

- They lose their best DE
- They lose their best CB which means more playing time for Wilhite
- And their best OL doesn't wan't to play for them

Don't set your expectations too high.

For the last decade the Patriots secondary has been the most hazardous job in the world, just edging mining in third world countries.

What are the ramifications of that? Does it save a roster spot? I was under the impression that because he was not under contract he didn't effect the roster.
Assuming the person you responded to meant roster exempt list, it means he misses the first 3 games of the season minimum

Lost in the discussion of Bodden being put on IR, is that Daryl Richard is going there too. He has not been mentioned too prominently in camp, but in a breakthrough he played in the Rams game and recorded a sack.

His loss and both Ty Warren's and Kade Westons's IR earlier reduces the Defensive line count to 7 contestants if I'm not mistaken.

There was internal discussion that the Pats would keep 7 Defensive linemen and they now have them. Warren, Wilfork, Wright, Brace, Lewis Pryor and Deadrick.

Damn this team looks bad, like '05 bad.

- They lose their best DE
- They lose their best CB which means more playing time for Wilhite
- And their best OL doesn't wan't to play for them

Don't set your expectations too high.

The offense is good enough to make every game on our schedule close til the 4th quarter, whether that be 35-35 with 5 minutes left.:bricks:

Meriweather and Butler are now the starting CBs with Butler moving inside and McCourty playing outside on Nickel packages. Sanders and Chung at Safety.
uhh.gif

You think so? I figured it would be Butler and McCourty with Merriweather filling in at CB in the Nickel. But either way it seems you weaken two positions instead of one. I would almost say the hell with it and let the better man win between Wilhite and Wheatley and leave the safeties in tact.

Just glad it isn't my decision!!! :eek:

If they can get a veteran corner for cheap, then sure, but they shouldn't give up that much to get one. There's no way to replace Bodden, IMO they should let their secondary sink or swim with McCourty, Butler, Wilhite and Weatley. If the injuries keep piling up it starts to become more and more about next year.

Lets be serious, Wilhite and Wheatley kind of stink and are made of glass. McCourty is a rookie. Butler looks like he has regressed (take that with a grain of salt - it's pre-season). Pats MUST make a move for a DB to be competitive this season - or they will have to put up 40+ points a game.

Two key defensive starters on IR before the games even start. Blecch.

On the bright side -- seriously, this is good news: Edelman, Cunningham and Hernandez (edit: and Kaczur!) are NOT on the IR list.

They're saving IR for Kaczur and Cunningham for next week to avoid too much shock and hand wringing in one week from the fans. Stages.

Sucks bad. My tin foil hat buddy says Spikes was involved in the releasing of the tapes today because he knew that the Bodden stuff would brush it under the rug. Guy comes up with the craziest stuff.

Can't wait to see the young guys progress.

Last edited:
Meriweather and Butler are now the starting CBs with Butler moving inside and McCourty playing outside on Nickel packages. Sanders and Chung at Safety.
uhh.gif

Uhhh? No.

Lets be serious, Wilhite and Wheatley kind of stink and are made of glass. McCourty is a rookie. Butler looks like he has regressed (take that with a grain of salt - it's pre-season). Pats MUST make a move for a DB to be competitive this season - or they will have to put up 40+ points a game.

Well, on the bright side, (if he is IR'd later) Wheatley was looking pretty damned good before he got dinged.

You could be right about that, but I'd rather them just have a rebuilding year then trade away a high pick or something just to "be competitive". Even with a healthy Bodden, the defense was still thought of as probably being a year away. I personally think that they can still be "competitive" and make the playoffs with what they have at corner.

Players in the category of Reserve/Retired, Reserve/Did Not Report, Reserve/Exclusive Rights, and players who were placed in the category of Reserve/Left Squad in a previous season may not be reinstated during the period from 30 days before the end of the regular season through the postseason.

Official 2009 NFL WAIVER system, explained. - Oakland Raiders Forum | Message Board - Where the Raider Nation lives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down