PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Four players placed on IR, including Bodden; Terrence Johnson cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could be right about that, but I'd rather them just have a rebuilding year then trade away a high pick or something just to "be competitive". Even with a healthy Bodden, the defense was still thought of as probably being a year away. I personally think that they can still be "competitive" and make the playoffs with what they have at corner.
Not to mention there is no season saving CB available for trade anyway.

Devin McCourty come on down!

Devin island................we'll be fine, the kid is really that good!!! Give him some time......

Not to mention there is no season saving CB available for trade anyway.

Yup. No reason to overpay for someone just because he's a "veteran".

Let's trade Logan for Nmandi, no but in all seriousness It's gonna be interesting I think more than ever we have to develop a pass rush.
I don't want to see the Batman and Robin show week 1 thank you.

Another reason for Pats to find a running game.....keep our Defense off the field as much as possible...

An eat the clock Offense and bend but don't break too many times Defense :singing:

Well it just makes the season more challenging. Wow and just after he got that long term deal, now you know why there's a gamble in every pay negotiation. This is a serious loss. Though I am not sure there will be a trade I am more inclined to believe that there will be a veteran pickup from the discards in a few days time (just not a big name sadly) as insurance rather than one that can be immediately slotted into starting.

I agree with an earlier poster that Butler and McCourty will be a great tandem in two years time, but this year they will get their bells rung a few times (Manning must be smiling after his PR victory over the refs' position and now a Pats' secondary with potentially less than 6 years experience all round).

But the games have still to be played and we may yet be pleasantly surprised, so no plumes of gloom for me for the immediate future.

Good luck, Leigh - get well soon (and the others on IR for that matter).

Personally, I don't panic until I hear the words "Earthwind Moreland."

1989 Redux, anyone?? :mad:

Remember that last preseason game against the Raiders??

It was ARMAGEDDON. You could FEEL the Ray Berry Era ending.

Seriously, though: Coach B is reloading for The Second Dynasty. No REAL comparison to 1989, it just FEELS like it, at the moment.

Let's see: Brady is now 18+ months removed from The Injury, and is SHOWING it...Moss is in a Contract Year, Welker's Back, Gronk is a Beast, Hernandez is every bit as explosive as I expected him to be BEFORE the Draft ~ :D ~ Edelman is a Rising Star, Tate is Coming On Line, Price has Flavor...and we've lost Warren, failed to replace Seymour, failed to replace Vrabel, and now have a CornerBack Crew with approximately 18 minutes of aggregate experience, between the lot'f'm?? :eek:

Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhh...I'm gonna just go ahead and....take the OVER on that....mmkay?

Thanks a bunch.

The Dolphins were pretty successful with that last year. I'm not sure we can duplicate that though. I have more confidence in McCourty than in Butler at this point as weird as that sounds.
Um, the Dolphins werent successful last year, they had a losing record.

The thing that sucks, Mccourty and Butler could be the best CB duo in the NFL, in TWO YEARS!!!! NOT NOW!!!

How many NFL teams have two starting rookies on defense on OPENING DAY? It can't be many.

Please, please young ones, prove to us you are the present as well as the future.

Well the 2008 Cardinals made the superbowl with a rookie as their stud corner, but yeah, that example is only relevant when you play in the NFC West.

The secondary could be mediocre this year without Bodden. This could hurt the confidence of these young guys but I don't think that will happen. They are inexperienced in the NFL but they have to start sometime. This may be good for these guys and we may be surprised at how talented they are. Also, I remember a thread from a little bit ago about Buddy Farnham getting reps as cornerback. Maybe they won't cut him and he can be used for emergency cornerback?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Well the 2008 Cardinals made the superbowl with a rookie as their stud corner, but yeah, that example is only relevant when you play in the NFC West.
I think this one guy who played quarterback might have had something to do with it too....:)

Last edited:
I feel exactly the same way. This may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. These guys were drafted in early rounds for a reason No need in hiding them on the bench.

Half of me wants to tell you to stop drinking the Kool Aid, and half of me agrees with you.

Obviously if you're on this board, you love the Pats. I love the Pats....but this year is not looking good....the schedule is tough, and the D is looking seriously shaky...before Bodden goes down. The offense will keep them in/win them some games...but 8-8, 9-7....etc...looks realistic....a "bridge year" if you will.

No wonder they're not paying Mankins....like he'd make a difference.

Damn, I saw the thread title then really hoped there was a third-string player on our team who shared the last name Bodden.

Sucks.

Come on, the injury bug already completely decimated the Sox and now their going to start decimating the Pats before the season even starts? WTF.

The injuries the last few years have been awful.
Brady all of '08
Welker heading into the playoffs in '09
The Sox starters going into the playoff's in '08
KG for the Celtics in '08
Perk in the playoffs in '09
Half the Sox all-stars in '10
and it's already starting for the Pats here in '10.

Last edited:
Not to worry

Wilhite is ready and waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill