PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Four players placed on IR, including Bodden; Terrence Johnson cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two key defensive starters on IR before the games even start. Blecch.

On the bright side -- seriously, this is good news: Edelman, Cunningham and Hernandez (edit: and Kaczur!) are NOT on the IR list.

Very good point. Of course losing Bodden is terrible, but the fact that Kaczur (who I thought for sure was going to be placed on the IR) isn't on the list is a good sign that he will play this season.

No Bodden? Yeah, ok, we might be screwed.

What a gut punch. This is going to be one young secondary, hopefully BB can scheme ways to get to the QB to take some pressure off them.

Thank GOD we have 4 preseason games instead of 18 regular season games or we might have injury problems.

So is this where I point out that Bodden's injury happened before the preseason games even started?

Meriweather and Butler are now the starting CBs with Butler moving inside and McCourty playing outside on Nickel packages. Sanders and Chung at Safety.
uhh.gif

Devin McCourty come on down!

The thing that sucks, Mccourty and Butler could be the best CB duo in the NFL, in TWO YEARS!!!! NOT NOW!!!

How many NFL teams have two starting rookies on defense on OPENING DAY? It can't be many.

Please, please young ones, prove to us you are the present as well as the future.

So is this where I point out that Bodden's injury happened before the preseason games even started?

nope, turns out it's a whole new injury. we presumably didn't notice him leave the game because starters leaving is so routine in exhibitions.

The thing that sucks, Mccourty and Butler could be the best CB duo in the NFL, in TWO YEARS!!!! NOT NOW!!!

How many NFL teams have two starting rookies on defense on OPENING DAY? It can't be many.

Please, please young ones, prove to us you are the present as well as the future.

The Dolphins were pretty successful with that last year. I'm not sure we can duplicate that though. I have more confidence in McCourty than in Butler at this point as weird as that sounds.

Here's wishing Leigh a full recovery.

Our young corners have their work cut out for them. Lets hope they learn fast.

:eek:

:scared:

:beersign:

Always look to the bright side.

We shall overcome.

One spoke does not make a wheel.

Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness

Good fortune shies away from gloom. Keep your spirits up

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day

Don't think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains

There is no such thing as no chance

Believe it is possible to solve your problem. Tremendous things happen to the believer. So believe the answer will come.

Trouble is only opportunity in work clothes

Unless a man undertakes more than he possibly can do, he will never do all that he can

I think the operative cliche for this situation is: when life gives you lemons, break out the tequila and the salt.

Why does it always seem like this team gets decimated by injury, season after season?

Really, though, we should have enough depth so that one injury doesn't torpedo the season. I'd agree, though: the McCourty pick looks pretty damn good right now.

have to admit after looking at that IR... isn't everyone glad we picked d mcCourty now... i know we would never have known but imagine if we didn't pick a cb... even bigger holes

To win a superbowl you need to be good AND lucky. We sure have come up on the short end of the luck side so far......

If they can get a veteran corner for cheap, then sure, but they shouldn't give up that much to get one. There's no way to replace Bodden, IMO they should let their secondary sink or swim with McCourty, Butler, Wilhite and Weatley. If the injuries keep piling up it starts to become more and more about next year.

have to admit after looking at that IR... isn't everyone glad we picked d mcCourty now... i know we would never have known but imagine if we didn't pick a cb... even bigger holes

Yeah we'd most likely be looking at Butler Whilite combo. Yuck

Mankins was apparently put on the reserve/did not report list, as well.

Two starting corners with one year of experience between them and no pass rush. This should be interesting.

Exactly. It magnifies a considerable weakness which wasn't really strengthened in the off season. Huge blow today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft