PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Pats QB Ryan Mallett misses team flight to game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-draft concerns about his attitude were justified.

But they never came to fruition here.

Just like players who didn't have any issues in college but become jerks in the NFL.

Bill O Brien had some awful choke job playoff performances as O Coordinator of this team from 09-11. That 2010 loss to the jets was the worst offensive performance I have ever seen from this team. We were so good that year, I had such high hopes for the 2010 team, we literally dominated the best defenses in the league all year

History has proven the 2010 team to be incredibly flawed defensively.

I'm still waiting for a valid explanation why the coaches wanted Chung to take a direct snap at his own 38.

Has to be asked...

Can he protect the passer?

I'm still waiting for a valid explanation why the coaches wanted Chung to take a direct snap at his own 38.

Chung called for it based on the look. Had he not bobbled it, he would have gotten an easy 20 yards.

Chung called for it based on the look. Had he not bobbled it, he would have gotten an easy 20 yards.
Don't think so. Sammy Morris had already blown his block while Chunk was bobbling the ball.
That play was DOA.

Last edited:
Blaming O'Brien for '10, when Brady threw a terrible pick on a screen pass with the Patriots in easy scoring range, and Crumpler dropped an easy TD pass, is ludicrous.

I had forgotten the dropped Crumpler pass, thanks for the reminder. Hopefully Crumpler 2.0 (Williams, bigger and arguably a better blocker) won't drop a touchdown pass in a Championship game (he didn't last time) :D

Sign Mallet and trade Jimmy G and Dobson to Houston for their 2016 2nd and 2017 4th. :D

Last edited:
The Patriots didn't win anything here. They pissed away a 3rd round pick on the guy.
Not really, they got 3 years of a backup QB on a low salary and a 7th round pick. That is solid value for a 3rd round pick.

The Patriots didn't win anything here. They pissed away a 3rd round pick on the guy.

Pats used a late 3rd round pick at spot in the draft that carries with it a 25% chance of finding successful NFL starter.

Your definition of "pissed away" is as usual unrealistically harsh.

Refs: Heads or Tails.

Belichick: Tails

Ref: The result of the coin flip is.. Heads!

Deus: Idiot

Sing Mallet and trade Jimmy G and Dobson to Houston for their 2016 2nd and 2017 4th. :D
I would only trade Garoppolo for a top 20 draft pick. Look at the QBs taken recently, they're junk. I don't think a legit elite franchise QB has been drafted in the first round since Aaron Rodgers.

Can we sign him for less than a juggs machine? Because we need some sort of mindless device to chuck passes at Lafell and Dobson and either could work.

Rex Ryan signs him to contract:

Ryan: Now tell me everything you know about the Pats offense?

Mallett: Don't know, I never learned it.

Arguably, the real winners here are the Patriots. They got what they needed out of him (someone to keep the backup seat warm for a couple of years), got something for him, and then shipped him off before he could hurt anything in Foxboro.

That's a faulty premise, to say the least.

The Idea that a backup is just supposed to be there is absolutely ridiculous.

A legitimate Auxiliary is capable of stepping in on a moment's notice and performing at a competent level.

Whether or not Mallett ever was that capable is in serious Doubt.

I thank Jesus we never had to find out.

It probably would've cost us a Championship, man.

#74 is far from a Blue Chip Pick, I'm sure we all can agree...And Bill II The Mad (Genius) is, in my Opinion, not only the best Head Coach in this Great Game, but the best General Manager, as well...But that doesn't mean that he is incapable of making stupid Mistakes, and that horrific Pick ~ as I said here not when he made it but before he made it, when Lombardi preemptively reported it ~ was one'f'm.

Bill O Brien had some awful choke job playoff performances as O Coordinator of this team from 09-11. That 2010 loss to the jets was the worst offensive performance I have ever seen from this team. We were so good that year, I had such high hopes for the 2010 team, we literally dominated the best defenses in the league all year

He was only OC in 2011, Bro.

Rex Ryan signs him to contract:

Ryan: Now tell me everything you know about the Pats offense?

Mallett: Don't know, I never learned it.

Yep...I think the next stop could be Buffalo...if he can make the flight.

He was only OC in 2011, Bro.

You're right just checked. My memory was incorrect. Looks like we had no coordinator in 2010. Still, when Brady was working under him, he put up some of his biggest playoff stinkers

History has proven the 2010 team to be incredibly flawed defensively.

Who knows. That game still brings me pain to this day. After we blew away the steelers 39-26 in Pitt, Bears 36-7 in Chicago and Jets 45-3 at home, I felt like we were unstoppable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back