Former Patriots TE Jake Bequtte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Bam Cunningham

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Now on Fox news as a “contributor”
Hope he is better at political analysis than he was as a Patriots DE/TE

Do you get a position designation when you never play a game? Shouldn't it be, "Guy who used to hang around Patriots practice field gets job at Fox News"?

Last edited:
So he failed as an NFL player and then failed as a political candidate. Well, I guess third time is a charm.

And he is also a veteran of a foreign war who served his country honorably. But let's make fun of him because he votes the wrong way.

I am making fun of him because he failed miserably in both the NFL and his primary. Not the letter next to his name. The guy got 20% of the vote in his primary. If he didn't want to be made fun of, he shouldn't run for office.

Describing him as “you’re just mad he votes the wrong way” is like saying that the show at Ford’s theater that night in April 1865 was mildly interrupted.

If you guys say so...

If you guys say so...

I could see your point if Jake Bequette was hardly ever mentioned on here other than this. But he's literally been the poster child for players who stick on the roster for reasons no one outside the building can explain. The first thing everyone on Patsfans thinks of when they hear Jake Bequette is not, "Oh, the conservative war veteran?"

Didn't know Bequette joined the Army afterward, and became Ranger-qualified to boot. He was in Iraq during a weird time, that's for sure.

And he is also a veteran of a foreign war who served his country honorably. But let's make fun of him because he votes the wrong way.
No one was mocking his service to the country.

it's the American way. I get it all the time

Do you get a position designation when you never play a game? Shouldn't it be, "Guy who used to hang around Patriots practice field gets job at Fox News"?

or we can call him "former SuperBowl champ" lol

why does everything have to become so politically divisive?
and why are we following someone that has not recorded a stat never mind a meaningful one?

Meh, whatever....

thanks, everyone for the entertainment

it's the American way. I get it all the time

Thank you for your service. But making fun of him is not dishonoring his service. Just because someone served in the military doesn't immune them from mockery for different reasons.

Not to turn this political but there is a guy who votes "the wrong way" who has mocked former prisoners of war for being prisoners of war and most of the people who vote "the wrong way" love him and hated the guy he mocked.

There are many guys that could make the list, but here's my top 5 players that had no business being on the Pats roster during the BB era:

1. Jordan Richards - the GOAT of taking bad angles previously held by James Sanders.
2. Jake Bequtte - Did absolutely nothing, but kept making the roster. Most famous Pat to be rumored to have pics on Bill.
3. Tie between Le Kevin Smith, Myron Pryor, Kyle Love.
4. Tie between Billy Yates, Marshall Newhouse, Jordan Devey.
5. Dan Klecko - This guy was a make a wish foundation type player. He was Rudy.

On that path:

Jahlani Tavai - How he magically appeared on the roster and became a STARTER is a mystery.
Myles Bryant - anytime a team completes a pass on 3rd down, 9/10 times I see the back of his jersey.
James Ferentz - Thanks Dad!

Isn't a message board a wonderful thing. "Not to get political,BUT". AND THEN, A MAN GETS ASSULTED IN HIS OWN HOME, BUT HE'S THE HUSBAND OF THE SPEAKER"
So what, if Jake ran for office and lost. 50% of people who run for office lose. Maybe Jake didn't light the world on fire in the NFL. He was an elite athlete just to make in and stick even as a PS member. And then go on to be an Army Ranger is not a small accomplishment.
But let's mock him and bring up other political junk, because it can be done with keystrokes using anonymous names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3