PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Forget the bye, could we say forget playoffs next??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I dont think there is a chance for a bye now, and even though we are 6-3, are we playing that well.. Teams that play well, usually play very well at home, which we have not done so far this yr... Sad , really sad.. If we lose to the pack, a bears loss could make us 6-5 and danger of missing the playoffs.. what a difference 2 weeks make.. Im very frustrated, Brady ,is really not playing well, Magnini and Dungy both outcoached Belichick, which was blasphmy a yr or 2 ago.. Belichick, is coaching like he is fighting for his coaching future rather than , be the hall of fame coach he is.. Dillion is afraid to get tackled, the defense cant make a third down stop.... For now its one week at a time, but this is just frustrating, maybee as fans we are spoiled, but to lose 2 in a row at home, plain stinks...

Look at the Jets remaining schedule...

Chicago
Houston
@Green Bay
Buffalo
@Minnesota
@Miami
Oakland

If we're unable to improve then it's certainly possible that the Jets will take the division. No divison = no wildcard either, so it's time to step up and play Patriot football again.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
I dont think there is a chance for a bye now, and even though we are 6-3, are we playing that well.. Teams that play well, usually play very well at home, which we have not done so far this yr... Sad , really sad.. If we lose to the pack, a bears loss could make us 6-5 and danger of missing the playoffs.. what a difference 2 weeks make.. Im very frustrated, Brady ,is really not playing well, Magnini and Dungy both outcoached Belichick, which was blasphmy a yr or 2 ago.. Belichick, is coaching like he is fighting for his coaching future rather than , be the hall of fame coach he is.. Dillion is afraid to get tackled, the defense cant make a third down stop.... For now its one week at a time, but this is just frustrating, maybee as fans we are spoiled, but to lose 2 in a row at home, plain stinks...

Jump Sean Jump.....you obviously have lost your will to follow this team. Now is the time to realize how close all the teams really are. That said, we will get this turned around, question is whether you will jump off the bandwagon as you are poised to do.

Seymour93 said:
Look at the Jets remaining schedule...

Chicago
Houston
@Green Bay
Buffalo
@Minnesota
@Miami
Oakland

If we're unable to improve then it's certainly possible that the Jets will take the division. No divison = no wildcard either, so it's time to step up and play Patriot football again.

What is Patriot Football Mr Seymour? Please explain?

mgcolby said:
What is Patriot Football Mr Seymour? Please explain?

Winning in Foxboro.

fgssand said:
Jump Sean Jump.....you obviously have lost your will to follow this team. Now is the time to realize how close all the teams really are. That said, we will get this turned around, question is whether you will jump off the bandwagon as you are poised to do.

Screw you, I live and breathe this team, but its a different breath from 2 weeks ago... We used to be a dominate team at home, the jax game in the playoffs was the last time this team showed what Patriots football in foxboro is suppose to be.. I think we will be ok, but its starts next week against Brett Farve and the Pack... And if we dont see it then, its going to be a long yr...

"Forget the bye, could we say forget playoffs next??"

If we want to be labelled as flaming, chicken-little p-u-double-s-y's, we could.

Sean Pa Patriot said:

Why not just be happy with your back to back losses theory and go away for a while.

Some of us are justifiably optimistic based on our teams history and you really are a drag.

"Dillon is afraid to get tackled" Great line Hercules. Why don't you try to tackle him.:rolleyes:

the sky is falling.....again...

panic.gif

RayClay said:
Why not just be happy with your back to back losses theory and go away for a while.

Some of us are justifiably optimistic based on our teams history and you really are a drag.

"Dillon is afraid to get tackled" Great line Hercules. Why don't you try to tackle him.:rolleyes:

The Pats have lost two straight games at home that they were favored in. Show me the justifiably optimistic part. They have three home losses in five games this year. The trend has been broken, I'm afraid.

Seymour93 said:
Winning in Foxboro.

Does it really matter where they win? If they win every game on the road and lose a few at home, it really doesn't make a difference.

I didn't know wins at home count more in the standings...Yes, I would like the team to always have a home advantage..but a win is a win is a win!!!

borg said:
The Pats have lost two straight games at home that they were favored in. Show me the justifiably optimistic part. They have three home losses in five games this year. The trend has been broken, I'm afraid.

Three Super Bowls in five years.

I realize that's not enough for some of the bandwagoners, but it makes Pats fans with a history of watching the Patriots, (about 45 years here), justifiably optimistic they can deal with a couple of losses.

RayClay said:
Three Super Bowls in five years.

I realize that's not enough for some of the bandwagoners, but it makes Pats fans with a history of watching the Patriots, (about 45 years here), justifiably optimistic they can deal with a couple of losses.

We can't keep riding yesterday's horse. Dallas has won how many since going three of four?

In 2002, the Pats lost out on the playoffs because they lost the 3rd of 4th tie-break to the Jets. That year, we were only 9-7 and in a very competitive division.

This year, I do not think that happens because we still have 4 games that should be gimmes -- GB, Det, Hou, and Tenn, and 2 that we should win -- Miami, Jax. 11-5 looks about right, and that should guarantee at least a wildcard. I do not see us going deep after that.

We need a stud linebacker and big improvement in the secondary. I am probably in the minority, but I do not see a big need for upgrade on offense -- TB needs to play better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News