PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For what it's worth....Jay Feely thinks report is flawed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats_AZ

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
so I'm listening to local Phoenix ESPN Radio guys this morning, the Doug and Wolf Show. They've been ripping TB apart this morning, and basically taking the Well's report as gospel and buying the opinion as fact. The they had Jay Feely on and he basically debunked their one "smoking gun", the texts. They think the texts are irrefutable evidence that TB knew, that he ordered it and that the two guys were "deflating" game balls after the initial check by refs. Feely basically punched huge holes in their argument. First saying the text don't ever imply TB demanded the balls be deflated under regulation. Then they said "the texts clearly show TB upset after the Jets game when balls were overinflated", to which Feely replied, "of course he'd be, they were over inflated!" He also said during games if the his kicking balls felt off he'd find the ball game and rip him asking him what the heck went wrong with the balls! The they hosts said, well the entirety of the texts show they were deflating balls, to which Feely responded that they say no such thing and that the two hosts were just insinuating at that point. Also said that giving gifts to ball attendants was the norm for kickers and QBs. The segment ended with the two hosts saying Feely is being naive, which made me laugh at the irony. Good to know Feely is on the side of logic.

Although the vast majority will continue to slander Brady I find it somewhat encouraging that there are still objective voices out there who are not buying into this crap.

I honestly don't care what any third party has to say. If Brady truly had no knowledge of any tampering with the footballs after inspection, or if he believes that no tampering occurred, he really needs to come forward with an explanation of the text messages. I don't buy this "innocent until proven guilty" shifting the burden of proof fan defense. Wake up! He is being found guilty by a private investigation in the public sphere and there are real punishments waiting. Prosecution has presented compelling circumstantial evidence. If Brady or his agent believes prosecution is misrepresenting the facts then they need to come forward with n equally compelling defense.

If the Patriots don't provide context for those text messages to provide some clarity (like they've been alluding to) then I think they're just blowing smoke.

Sorry I hijacked your thread with my one rant.

the drooling going on around the nation is hilarious

I love the fact that the pats have cause so much angst with fans of other teams.....they are literally doing that right

I honestly don't care what any third party has to say. If Brady truly had no knowledge of any tampering with the footballs after inspection, or if he believes that no tampering occurred, he really needs to come forward with an explanation of the text messages. I don't buy this "innocent until proven guilty" shifting the burden of proof fan defense. Wake up! He is being found guilty by a private investigation in the public sphere and there are real punishments waiting. Prosecution has presented compelling circumstantial evidence. If Brady or his agent believes prosecution is misrepresenting the facts then they need to come forward with n equally compelling defense.

If the Patriots don't provide context for those text messages to provide some clarity (like they've been alluding to) then I think they're just blowing smoke.

From a PR perspective, it's better to let the talking heads blather on until the penalty is handed down, and then deal with that. There are thousands of media outlets spewing on about this that will shift their focus to actual games and local stories soon enough.

If the penalties are out of proportion to the evidence in the report, Brady and the Patriots will have more allies to counter the media coverage, and be able to work with the NFLPA to have the ruling overturned. If they fine him $100k, he pays it and moves on a la Woody Johnson and the tampering charge, which is arguably a more serious competitive advantage than 1 PSI in a football.

Brady already came out. His agent already said he was totally up front and that the testimony was redacted.

I love the fact that the pats have cause so much angst with fans of other teams.....they are literally doing that right

A Buffalo radio guy, Bulldog on 550 AM, practically had an orgasm yesterday.

The Bills are such huge losers that it kills these people.

And still they maintain interest, even though year after year management makes awful decisions.

And with the Pegulas, nothing has changed. Still have the most idiotic GM in all of football, Whaley. Still have an absolute disaster of a coach in Ryan.

These people never learn.

This team has squandered 1st rounders for 15 years now. And the Bulldogs of the world go on mindlessly wondering why they constantly lose games to Brady.

The last two run throughs on this topic have been entirely negative for a few days until sense slowly meanders its way into the collective consciousness. Hopefully the same pattern develops here as well.

From a PR perspective, it's better to let the talking heads blather on until the penalty is handed down, and then deal with that. There are thousands of media outlets spewing on about this that will shift their focus to actual games and local stories soon enough.

If the penalties are out of proportion to the evidence in the report, Brady and the Patriots will have more allies to counter the media coverage, and be able to work with the NFLPA to have the ruling overturned. If they fine him $100k, he pays it and moves on a la Woody Johnson and the tampering charge, which is arguably a more serious competitive advantage than 1 PSI in a football.

Couldn't disagree more. From a PR perspective you get out in front of it as fast as you can and blast away at the report and all of its flaws. The fact of the matter is that there is nothing anywhere that indicated Brady asked or told the attendants to alter balls below 12.5, nor is there any evidence he directed them to alter balls after they were approved. Telling them to make sure they are 12.5 is within league rules and lacking evidence he directed them to violate league rules Brady should fight back publicly using every outlet.

A Buffalo radio guy, Bulldog on 550 AM, practically had an orgasm yesterday.

The Bills are such huge losers that it kills these people.

And still they maintain interest, even though year after year management makes awful decisions.

And with the Pegulas, nothing has changed. Still have the most idiotic GM in all of football, Whaley. Still have an absolute disaster of a coach in Ryan.

This team has squandered 1st rounders for 15 years now. And the Bulldogs of the world go on mindlessly wondering why they constantly lose games to Brady.

I just decided to write him an email:

Dear Bulldog,

Are you okay? You practically had an orgasm yesterday with the Wells Report. I was concerned that 4 hours went by and you hadn't called a doctor yet.

My two reactions: read page 77 of the Wells Report. The Patriots balls fell within the scientist's parameter. Meantime, the Colts balls decided to disobey the laws of Physics.

As a Patriots fan living in Buffalo (native New Englander), enough already with the Bills fans victimizations. Bills lose so much because the Patriots cheat? Come'on!

Year after year Bills' management makes awful decisions.

This team has squandered 1st rounders for 15 years now. And the Bills media go on mindlessly wondering why they constantly lose games to Brady.

Are you guys really watching? How many Rob Johnson's, Drew Bledose's, JP Losman's, McCargos, Mike Williams', McKelvin's, Maybin's, Spiller's instead of Ngata or Orakpo, EJ Manuel's, 2 top picks for Watkins, how many do you need before figuring out this is why the Bills can't beat the Patriots? 10 wasted first rounders in 15 years!

But go on forever ignoring the obvious and making excuses.

Jim

I for one and im full troll mode.

Haters: "Cheaters Cheaters Cheaters!!!***"

me:
Fake%2Bcry.gif

I for one and im full troll mode.

Haters: "Cheaters Cheaters Cheaters!!!***"

me:
Fake%2Bcry.gif

I know........there's like this assumption that there's going to be some sort of undoing of years of awesomness with asterisks and crap like that

Couldn't disagree more. From a PR perspective you get out in front of it as fast as you can and blast away at the report and all of its flaws. The fact of the matter is that there is nothing anywhere that indicated Brady asked or told the attendants to alter balls below 12.5, nor is there any evidence he directed them to alter balls after they were approved. Telling them to make sure they are 12.5 is within league rules and lacking evidence he directed them to violate league rules Brady should fight back publicly using every outlet.
THe most ridiculous part is that the data of the balls in no way suggests that they were altered, so he's taking texts first and then interpreting the physical evidence afterward. Kind of like saying it looked like a paper cut but since they were texting about knives I believe it's a knife cut.

I know........there's like this assumption that there's going to be some sort of undoing of years of awesomness with asterisks and crap like that

It's really funny when you think about it. Years after B&B are gone, those dopes will still be getting disappointed by them.

I think one more SB win would make their heads explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft