PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those of you freaking out about the Jets' running game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the board.

The difference between MNF and now is that the Patriots are more banged up. Their best run-stopping DE is on IR, as well as their best pass rushing DT (although he wasn't available for the MNF game either). The other difference is that Brandon Spikes might be rusty coming off of a 4 game suspension.

The two things that worry me about this game are the Jets run game and the Jets return game. Anything can happen, but I'm confident our boys can get it done.

Jets Woes ...
Kris Jenkins ... out - best nose tackle
Brad Smith got injured last night groin
Leonard Out ... our best saftey
Woody ... gimpy knee
Sanchez ... shoulder is injured ... played like garbage last night

it will be a fun game to watch ... hopefully.

:confused:

I, for one, am ready for a better Jets team. They have been looking forward to this since they got creamed that night. We will get the best they've got for sure, and I think they will blitz Brady early and often . . . make him prove he studies as much as that other guy.lol

hey ... you guys killed us that game ... we got beat ...

you know what ... we beat you bad the first game of the season ...

I really do not think we are in for a repeat of that 45-3 debacle .. do you ????

Welcome. That's a reasonable comment.

No, I don't think it will be a six score game. I do think the Pats will come out ahead, probably by 10--14 points, but it won't be settled until the Fourth Quarter.

i actually agree with this .. still hoping for a W ... but Brady is the best QB i have ever seen .. including Satan Manning. If we can pound Welker out of the game and cover ONE of the two tight ends .. we have a shot.

I don't believe in Woodhead still ...

The issue for the JETS is that NE has so many passing options - the Colts did not have the options. Revis can shut down one corner which is a big deal playing Indy. NE has Gronk, Hernandez, Branch, Welker, Woodhead, Tate - the Jets are 1.5 players deep in the secondary - Brady will look like a genius because the JETS weakness is the Pats strength. This was not the situation in Week 2 - the Pats are completely different. I hope it is a close good game - but I think Brady will carve up the JETS and if the Pats are up 2 or 3 scores, the JETS running game is useless.

If you think what we are saying should be debated, rebutted, or laughed at, then cut and paste it into one of the places that has been set up for Jets fans to converse with each other.

nah .. i prefer to converse with opposing views .. hoping for some intelligent insight. otherwise we are all just ants following the queen.

Welcome to the board.

The difference between MNF and now is that the Patriots are more banged up. Their best run-stopping DE is on IR, as well as their best pass rushing DT (although he wasn't available for the MNF game either). The other difference is that Brandon Spikes might be rusty coming off of a 4 game suspension.

The two things that worry me about this game are the Jets run game and the Jets return game. Anything can happen, but I'm confident our boys can get it done.
Not more banged up. Brace out, Pryor in = wash

The issue for the JETS is that NE has so many passing options - the Colts did not have the options. Revis can shut down one corner which is a big deal playing Indy. NE has Gronk, Hernandez, Branch, Welker, Woodhead, Tate - the Jets are 1.5 players deep in the secondary - Brady will look like a genius because the JETS weakness is the Pats strength. This was not the situation in Week 2 - the Pats are completely different. I hope it is a close good game - but I think Brady will carve up the JETS and if the Pats are up 2 or 3 scores, the JETS running game is useless.

we have a winner ... this is the reason the Pats will most likely win ... too much speed for our linebackers in the spread formations.

yet another overly aggressive/digressive Pats fan ... big surprise.

Well, you have a grand total of 14 posts since you joined the board in Oct 08 (of which three happen to be on this thread after your win last night), and you dismiss a regular poster as being aggressive when he doesn't give you importance? :rolleyes:

Watching Sanchez overthrow his receivers all game, I expect him to throw at least two picks next Sunday. Then the Pats will go down the field and score. This is what they have done the second half of the season and it really puts the pressure on the opposing team.

Then Sanchez will have to throw more and they will have to abandon their run game. I am confident with McCourty in the fact that you can match him up one-on-one with any of their receivers and putting the safety over the top on Butler/Arringtons side. The Colts have a nice pass rushing DL but the Jets O-line pretty much neutralized it. The Colts aren't as stout at the point of attack as the Pats and Big Vince.

The Pats will be able to put 3/4 on the line and contain the Jets run game MUCH better than the COlts could, they won't get blown off the ball like the Colts did. This will allow Mayo and Guyton/Spikes to read and react. Plus BB will have something dialed up to confuse Marky Mark. Do I see another 45-3 demolishing of the Jets? Yup because the D forces opposing QB's to make mistakes and Marky will be making them giving the Pats the ball back to score once again.

The Jets are WAY outmatched and the offense will keep the Jets D guessing as to which personell to put on the field. Once on the field TFB will read it and adjust as necessary to exploit it.

Game over... the Jets shouldn't even show up cause it'll be worse than last time.

Did folks actually WATCH that game?
I'm sorry, but the Jets O looked pathetic.

And the only reason why their D looked any good at all, is because they were playing a Colts team that couldn't establish a running game against a pack of girlscouts.

I expect at least a 20 point victory.

Well, you have a grand total of 14 posts since you joined the board in Oct 08 (of which three happen to be on this thread after your win last night), and you dismiss a regular poster as being aggressive when he doesn't give you importance? :rolleyes:

touche ... truth be told .. it took a while for my registration to go through ... so long i forgot that I had registered ... but here I am =)

Did folks actually WATCH that game?
I'm sorry, but the Jets O looked pathetic.

And the only reason why their D looked any good at all, is because they were playing a Colts team that couldn't establish a running game against a pack of girlscouts.

I expect at least a 20 point victory.

Manning was without all his passing weapons too. It reminds of NE last season when Brady basically had Welker and Moss with a lousy run game.

NE has too many passing options for the Jets to take away.

I have Jet fatigue. Lets just beat them and be done with it/:D

hey ... you guys killed us that game ... we got beat ...

you know what ... we beat you bad the first game of the season ...

I really do not think we are in for a repeat of that 45-3 debacle .. do you ????

No, we expect a tough, tight game, we aren't stupid enough to think that we can blow out the Jets again. You won't hear one player/coach say a word this week, we'll stay humble like always and see how this plays out. But we've seen LT attempt to perform in cold, snowy conditions before and we are tough to run on at Gillette, snow or no snow. That puts the ball in Sanchez's hands and that plays right into our turnover generating defense, Mr. McCourty and company. In addition, you guys know how Tommy operates in cold weather at Gillette in January, let's put it this way, I like our chances.

Jets Woes ...
Kris Jenkins ... out - best nose tackle
Brad Smith got injured last night groin
Leonard Out ... our best saftey
Woody ... gimpy knee
Sanchez ... shoulder is injured ... played like garbage last night

it will be a fun game to watch ... hopefully.

:confused:

Mike Wright: starting DE... IR
Ron Brace: backup/starter DE... IR
Leigh Bodden: #1 CB... IR
Brandon McGown: backup/starter S... IR
Stephen Neal: starting G... IR
Ty Warren: 2nd Best DL... IR
Darryl Richard: DT... IR
Nick Kazur: Starting RT... IR
Kevin Faulk: #1 3rd down RB... IR

etc, etc. So you see the Pats are probably more banged up than the Jets but it's not being looked at as an excuse.

Kris Jenkins best NT? On what planet?

Nagata and Wilfork >

Mike Wright: starting DE... IR
Ron Brace: backup/starter DE... IR
Leigh Bodden: #1 CB... IR
Brandon McGown: backup/starter S... IR
Stephen Neal: starting G... IR
Ty Warren: 2nd Best DL... IR
Darryl Richard: DT... IR
Nick Kazur: Starting RT... IR
Kevin Faulk: #1 3rd down RB... IR

etc, etc. So you see the Pats are probably more banged up than the Jets but it's not being looked at as an excuse.

good point .. i think McCourty is your best CB though.

Yup. I'm at a weeklong seminar this week that will pretty much take up all my time and focus. EXCELLENT timing.

I agree. I'm sick of the Jets. Normally, I hate them since they're in our division. But under Rex Ryan, they've become everything I don't like about football. They talk a lot, they love to dish it out but can't take it and cry whenever they get beat up, they're undisciplined, they are selfish, arrogant, me-first types. They live for the press but can't handle the pressure.

Braylon Edwards talks a lot of smack and then complains about the Pats running up the score. WTF? Be a man like Octodad (thanks Italia44, I love that nickname).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News