PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those of you freaking out about the Jets' running game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Let me ask you how many yards did the Jets rush for in the 45-3 arse whipping against the Pats? Don't know? 152 yards. Yes, 152 yards that turned into 3 total points. And wasn't like a freak 50 yard rush skewing the stats. The Jets averaged 4.9 YPC too.

Now that the Jets rushed all over a bad (at least for playoff standards) Colts' team, everyone is freaking out.

The last time the Pats and Jets met, Pats dared the Jets to run by playing most of the game in sub packages with five or more defensive backs on the field for most of game. Even with the success of the Jets running game because of it, the Jets could only score 3 points and the Pats were still able to put up 45 points on offense and win the time of possession battle (31:01 for the Pats vs. 28:59 for the Jets).

So the Jets had some great success running the ball the last time against the Pats and it didn't stop them from getting their worst defeat in their history. And now people are petrified about their running game?!?

Last edited:
hey ... you guys killed us that game ... we got beat ...

you know what ... we beat you bad the first game of the season ...

I really do not think we are in for a repeat of that 45-3 debacle .. do you ????

I really do not think we are in for a repeat of that 45-3 debacle .. do you ????

The Pats were a different team in week 2. So were the Jets. Both now are far more like the teams that met week 13.

That said, I don't expect a 45-3 arse whipping, but I do think the Pats will win by at least two scores.

Let me ask you how many yards did the Jets rush for in the 45-3 arse whipping against the Pats? Don't know? 152 yards. Yes, 152 yards that turned into 3 total points. And wasn't like a freak 50 yard rush skewing the stats.

Now that the Jets rushed all over a bad (at least for playoff standards) Colts' team, everyone is freaking out.

The last time the Pats and Jets met, Pats dared the Jets to run by playing most of the game in sub packages with five or more defensive backs on the field for most of game. Even with the success of the Jets running game because of it, the Jets could only score 3 points and the Pats were still able to put up 45 points on offense and win the time of possession battle (31:01 for the Pats vs. 28:59 for the Jets).
So the Jets had some great success running the ball the last time against the Pats and it didn't stop them from getting their worst defeat in their history. And now people are petrified about their running game?!?

A lot of that 'success' was in garbage time

I don't expect a 45-3 drubbing of Jets....

But I don't expect Brady to all of a sudden not be able to find open recievers...

and I also don't expect Sanchez to turn into Brady....

Close game...Pats win by 7-10 and it won't be as close as the score:rocker:

A lot of that 'success' was in garbage time

Well, that is true, but they did have some success early. The problem is that they let Sanchez throw the ball at all. Well, they were even more stupid in letting him throw it 33 times.

Yeah, early on when defending the run actually mattered, the Jets did not do much on the ground to my recollection. When you're up 24-3 you don't have much reason to defend the run.

But I don't expect Brady to all of a sudden not be able to find open recievers...

and I also don't expect Sanchez to turn into Brady....

i actually agree with this .. still hoping for a W ... but Brady is the best QB i have ever seen .. including Satan Manning. If we can pound Welker out of the game and cover ONE of the two tight ends .. we have a shot.

I don't believe in Woodhead still ...

No I don't expect a repeat of the 45 - 3 type debacle.
More like 31 - 16. Patriots will win comfortably.
LaTisha Tomlinson and Mark Sanchez are not coming to Foxborough in January and beating Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.
Just not happening.

So this is the side effect of getting YETS this week, trolls crawling all over this board...

Bring it on :D

i actually agree with this .. still hoping for a W ... but Brady is the best QB i have ever seen .. including Satan Manning. If we can pound Welker out of the game and cover ONE of the two tight ends .. we have a shot.

I don't believe in Woodhead still ...

Good. Because we do.

So this is the side effect of getting YETS this week, trolls crawling all over this board...

Bring it on :D

yet another overly aggressive/digressive Pats fan ... big surprise.

Yes maybe not quite as bad 35-7 I would say.

Lets just say the the Pat's since the second game against the Jet's have no changes in the lineup where from the first game we played you guys without Woodhead, Mankins, Branch ect. and our two stud TE's were just in the second game of their careers.

I am sure the Pats defense is playing much better since the week two match-up so what differences are going on with the Jets since the 45-3 debacle ??

Probably not 45-3, but what has really changed in the past few weeks?

Sanchez still looks bad. Our DL is beat up a bit more. Your safeties look a bit better after adjusting to the loss of Leonhard. Other than that, they're very similar teams.

I don't think it's going to be a blow-out, but Sanchez needs to step up or it will be. Looking at your week 2 win vs. the blowout, the biggest difference was your QB:

Week 2:
21/30, 70% completion, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 124.3 QBR

Week 13:
17/33, 51.5% completion, 0 TDs, 3 INTs, 27.8 QBR

Has anything since that time convinced you that Sanchez isn't going to suck?

If Sanchez has a good game, it will be a good game. But that is a HUGE if right now.

Has anything since that time convinced you that Sanchez isn't going to suck?

If Sanchez has a good game, it will be a good game. But that is a HUGE if right now.

unfortunately i completely agree with you.

and an original one too ...

Please just deal with it. I go on TheGangGreen and whenever I post something (and I try very hard to be as respectful as possible), all they do is say "LOLOLLOLLOL WELL UR QB IS A F@GGOT 18-1 18-1 18-1 LETS HIRE GHOLSTON TO BREAK BRADY'S ACL AGAIN WITH A BAT LOLOLOOLLLOLOOOLOL"

Welcome to the board.

The difference between MNF and now is that the Patriots are more banged up. Their best run-stopping DE is on IR, as well as their best pass rushing DT (although he wasn't available for the MNF game either). The other difference is that Brandon Spikes might be rusty coming off of a 4 game suspension.

The two things that worry me about this game are the Jets run game and the Jets return game. Anything can happen, but I'm confident our boys can get it done.

and an original one too ...

Here's why people are giving you a hard time: this Board is for people who support the Patriots, to come and have a good time conversing with each other. Just like belching in church, it is not against the law for you to come here and do what you do, but it is rude, uncivil, and generally destructive.

If you think what we are saying should be debated, rebutted, or laughed at, then cut and paste it into one of the places that has been set up for Jets fans to converse with each other. Basic civil behavior. -its what makes society possible. And keeps NYC from devolving into complete prehistoric chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes