PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those Brady Bashers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think the offensive play calling is very suspect, this year.

There play's have been too predictable for the opponents to figure out.

Today, I saw 1 trick play: a double reverse run, but welker.

I mean, the 3rd-and-1, play is ridiculously predictable. Run-straight-up-the middle. You can see the opponents surrounding the center, ready for the run.

Geez, can't it be a play-action? Or even a screen?

Maybe, next year, Weis can come back as OC. Let Obrien be assistant-OC, so he can learn next year...

Anyone that even critisizes Bradys shoe selection can kiss my ass. You people are rich. This guy thats underthrowing passes won us 3 and really should have won 4 super bowls. You people suck I hate you

It's no good demonstrating that you have finally grown up to read on your own. Try to comprehend what's written, then think before you start coining such pleasant messages. :rolleyes:

And yeah, Merry Christmas to you too.

lmao....now he has broken ribs ? I dont think so......just another excuse.

Excuse for what?

Manning in 2008 after 14 games: 23 tds, 12 ints

Brady in 2009 after 14 games: 24 tds, 12 ints

Oh bulldust. Brady has been making a lot of bonehead decisions and throws more recently than the play calling sucking. It's been a combination of the two and his complete and utter reliance to look no further than Welker or Moss, even if he has Watson, Baker or Faulk wide open in the flat.

I love Brady and appreciate what he has done for the Patriots, but his current level of play despite obvious handicap in injury is just not acceptable.

Last edited:
I think the play calling is questionable down the stretch... which is why we sometimes struggle in second half of games...

I concur. Would it kill the pats to run a comeback or two. Chad Henne went over 300 yards again throwing to a pile of vomit and some fresh turds. Why does Aiken always run a fly route? Remember all the chain moving comebacks to Givens? The offense is very predicable these days. What happened to running the screen 6-8 times a game?

Excuse for what?

Manning in 2008 after 14 games: 23 tds, 12 ints

Brady in 2009 after 14 games: 24 tds, 12 ints

No doubt. Go suck on a pickle colts fan.

What has been a concern is that the TE has not been a factor in the last 3-4 games, at all.

Were is Baker or Watson? I don't think the Bills DL was that strong that it needed a TE to block?

When Watson is in play (as a receiver), the Patriots seems to be stronger offensively.

The Bills are not very good, so just having Moss & Welker is ok. But, when playoffs come around, you need to have 4 options: moss, welker, aiken, watson.

I think it still comes down to the play-calling and the routes... IMO

He is the least of this team's problems.. He is taking this team on his back and playing injured... Broken Ribs, busted finger, sore shoulder and a rusty knee... Anybody that says he has regressed, needs a major wakeup call..

This Qb has heart, just because he is not lighting up the score board, like manning..

The major problem is the play calling, not Tom Brady

You and I apparently have different definitions of "taking this team on his back". He's playing poorly. Key overthrows, underthrows, misthrows, and misreads in almost every second half. I don't know what you're watching. I'm sure he's hurting, but I'm sure a lot of other guys are too. They don't get a pass, so why should he?

I think it still comes down to the play-calling and the routes... IMO
What part of forcing the ball into double or triple coverage, not progressing past your 2nd read, over throwing or under throwing a ball consistently is Bill O'Brien's fault? I'd also draw your attention to the up and down jobs the offensive line has been producing this season. Brady has been smashed because of them.

Brady is not playing to what even he would have to admit an acceptable standard. We all know he is playing under duress, and maybe that's where the play-calling can improve to help him.

Last edited:
I dont think i'm "bashing" brady, but i think MOST of his mistakes this year weren't from physical injuries and were more along the line of mental mistakes. The kind of mistakes that he was Known to NEVER make. That being said, in the playoffs, this team can be as dangerous as any. I wouldn't count us out.

Fans of this team bash Tom Brady?

Die

Brady has gotten beat up by the pass rush all year and has his share of aches/pains/minor injuries. He has thrown more TD's than INT's and has made some great plays along with some head scratchers. All in all, he has been inconsistent and unpredictable.
Granted the 3 rings give him an indefinite grace period, I don't think the above description is that different than Drew Bledsoe in the late 1990's and early 2000's.
I am not saying he should be replaced by the next young talent that walks through the door, but I find myself yelling "No...no....NO!" when I see him throw into triple coverage, hoping Moss (the NFL's largest target) plays WR and DB all on the same play.
If Moss is his Glenn, then Welker is his Coates. "Coverage be damned, I'm going to squeeze it there!"

You and I apparently have different definitions of "taking this team on his back". He's playing poorly. Key overthrows, underthrows, misthrows, and misreads in almost every second half. I don't know what you're watching. I'm sure he's hurting, but I'm sure a lot of other guys are too. They don't get a pass, so why should he?

Brady I think feels he needs to do everything perfect or this team wont be successful, those things you mention, are maybee a result of that.. But he is playing injured.. I think he has earned some slack..

I don't think it's bashing Brady to say that he's not as sharp as we've come to expect. His accuracy is off. His deep ball isn't getting there. But he's banged up; he's coming off a major injury; and he's dealing with inconsistent playcalling, line play, and receivers.

He is still a warrior out there, still leading the team. Hopefully he will be better as the playoffs close in. The offense is the problem with this team. He is the key to making it function (along with that moron O'Brien).

Last edited:
brady is forceing the ball to moss and welker and throwing mark sanchez, type pass

it's not the play calling

the play calling was not much better in 2006 when brady had Reche Caldwell, as he's #1 WR throwing TD's to 10 different recviers

Julian Edelman, and Sam Aiken. are both better then Reche Caldwell.

and it's not just this year cause he is hurt this started the last few games of 2007.

it's not bashing brady it's just the truth this team is only going as far as brady will take them

this D will not hold any playoff team to 10 points so they can't have brady throwing INT's

Last edited:
Brady I think feels he needs to do everything perfect or this team wont be successful, those things you mention, are maybee a result of that.. But he is playing injured.. I think he has earned some slack..

Of course he has, but I think "carrying the team on his back" was a bit of an overstatement. For the definition of that, look at number 83.

Seriously....are people "bashing" Brady or are they saying "he hasn't played well at times"...."he's made some mistakes"..."he's had bad games"....

There's a big difference and I think what everyone needs to come to grips with is it's ok to question Brady's performances or criticize the way he's played at times. Fan or not it's human nature.

Hell, I said on the pick today....what the F was that? That was a horse-sh*t throw. Is that me bashing Brady or is that me not liking his play at that time?

Need to take a deep breath people.

Brady is on pace for a 4400, 28 TD season, depending on how much he plays in the Houston game if we win next week. He's also completed 65 percent of his passes and only thrown 12 INT. This is technically his second best statistical year. While his INT's look horrible and he obviously isn't 100 percent mentally and physically, his production would be more than enough if the overall team was better.

In other words, Brady isn't the problem. We're 9-5 and a bad coaching decision against the Colts away from being 10-4. You aren't going to win 14 games every year. And usually the 1 seed loses anyway.

Indy will probably go undefeated, and I don't think they'll go any further than the Pats in the playoffs. In fact, if we play them, I think we can beat them.

Brady is on pace for a 4400, 28 TD season, depending on how much he plays in the Houston game if we win next week. He's also completed 65 percent of his passes and only thrown 12 INT. This is technically his second best statistical year. While his INT's look horrible and he obviously isn't 100 percent mentally and physically, his production would be more than enough if the overall team was better.

In other words, Brady isn't the problem. We're 9-5 and a bad coaching decision against the Colts away from being 10-4. You aren't going to win 14 games every year. And usually the 1 seed loses anyway.

Indy will probably go undefeated, and I don't think they'll go any further than the Pats in the playoffs. In fact, if we play them, I think we can beat them.
Well I think San Diego, Cincinnati, New England all have good shots at the Colts, probably with the Chargers having the best shot if they get to the AFC Championship game.

2007 and then the injury has seriously skewed people's memories and expectations of one Tom Brady.

I'm sorry, but I am not going to seriously ball wash the guy, and act like Im completely happy with his performance. Am I happy that Brady is a patriot? Bet your sweet ass I am. I wouldnt take any other QB in the league, and I dont care how hot of a streak they are on.

Im not going to turn a blind eye and act as if Brady hasn't been underwhelming either though. Anyone who comes onto this board, or even thinks that Brady isn't leaving a lot of the plays on the field is out of their mind. Injuries? New OC? O-Line troubles? No solid 3rd receiver option? Im sure it's a mixture of all of that, but Brady has gone out there and made many questionable throws to the wrong team at the wrong moment all season long. He needs to shoulder the blame for this offenses terrible second half performances just as much as the next guy out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News