PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those Brady Bashers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
But anyone who is worried about or wants to bash Brady this year is just... I don't know, I don't even have the words for it. .

In the teams last 4 games, the offense has scored 17, 21, 20 and 17 points. He has multiple injuries. How can you not be worried? Brady is NOT the problem (Playcalling, protection, lack of talent at 3,4 5 WRs are other contributing factors for sure), but his performance and output should be viewed and scrutinized subjectively.

An ACL injury and year out of football should give him a complete 100% pass for the year from fans even if he were playing like the worst QB in the NFL. Of course, at least here, a lot of people are only happy when they are tearing into the best players on their "favorite" team.

In the teams last 4 games, the offense has scored 17, 21, 20 and 17 points. He has multiple injuries. How can you not be worried? Brady is NOT the problem (Playcalling, protection, lack of talent at 3,4 5 WRs are other contributing factors for sure), but his performance and output should be viewed and scrutinized subjectively.

Yea let's put Brady under the microscope now because we haven't been lights out for 4 games! First it was Moss' fault and now it's Brady's fault. It's not fun or OK IMO to scrutinize the best players and just briefly touch upon the actual major contributing factors.

He is the least of this team's problems.. He is taking this team on his back and playing injured... Broken Ribs, busted finger, sore shoulder and a rusty knee... Anybody that says he has regressed, needs a major wakeup call..

This Qb has heart, just because he is not lighting up the score board, like manning..

The major problem is the play calling, not Tom Brady

Brady's decision making has not been good. In fact it's been poor and it's cost this team more than 1 game this year.
Brady has the ability to look for another option if the play called isn't there.....ala...his ENDLESS attempts to force the ball to Randy Moss instead of looking for the open receiver.
Looking for the open receiver....that USED TO HAPPEN...in the Super Bowl years.
Brady playing binkyball is what has changed this offense.
3 points in the 2nd half?
After 14 points via pass interference calls in the 1st half??
One word for it ........Embarrassing!!!
Tom Brady is a Hall of Fame QB.
If the playcalling is bad shouldn't he be the one to fix it??

it looked fairly accurate when he hit Aiken in stride and he dropped it

it looked pretty accurate when it landed in Moss's lap and the Bills were called for PI

Brady did not look bad today. Sure it was no '07 performance but I have nothing to complain about from him
That pass to Moss was underthrown. The pass to Aiken was under thrown. The other deep pass to Moss was underthrown. He was forcing passes to Welker and failed to look him off on multiple occasions.

He looked very average today.

Brady's decision making has not been good. In fact it's been poor and it's cost this team more than 1 game this year.
Brady has the ability to look for another option if the play called isn't there.....ala...his ENDLESS attempts to force the ball to Randy Moss instead of looking for the open receiver.
Looking for the open receiver....that USED TO HAPPEN...in the Super Bowl years.
Brady playing binkyball is what has changed this offense.
3 points in the 2nd half?
After 14 points via pass interference calls in the 1st half??
One word for it ........Embarrassing!!!
Tom Brady is a Hall of Fame QB.
If the playcalling is bad shouldn't he be the one to fix it??

Yeah it wasn't great

but he hit Aiken in stride for what would have been a huge gain and he dropped it

Our new, young receivers aren't exactly playmakers and making Brady's decision to throw it to them any easier

He's forcing the ball because Welker and Moss are his only consistent options. Face it, after those two we don't have one decent WR

That pass to Moss was underthrown. The pass to Aiken was under thrown. The other deep pass to Moss was underthrown. He was forcing passes to Welker and failed to look him off on multiple occasions.

He looked very average today.

My bad

I thought hitting people in stride and dropping the ball into their hands was good

stupid me

And the Moss bashing crowd moves on to Brady. I swear, some of you guys must have hopped on the bandwagon in 2007.

Geesh

Will you "fans" give it a rest, already.

It's week 15, everyone is hurting and your outside in Buffalo.

Also, does this officially mean that the moaning and crybabying about yearning for the "old days" of hard fought wins is now replaced by moaning and yearning for the blowouts?

Yea let's put Brady under the microscope now because we haven't been lights out for 4 games! First it was Moss' fault and now it's Brady's fault. It's not fun or OK IMO to scrutinize the best players and just briefly touch upon the actual major contributing factors.

It is completely appropriate to put Brady under the microscope. Just like I do with BB, O'Brien, the line, Kraft, Maroney, Moss, Aiken, Watson, Welker. No one is exempt.

Do I find pleasure in seeing Brady play a less than stellar game? No. As a fan, should I not sit back and wonder why this offense is averaging 19 ppg in it's last 4 outings? Why not?

I'm not "touching" on anything. The playcalling is brutal. The offense in uncreative. Overall, Brady's performance has been very average these last 4 games. Part of this is that Brady has made some poor decisions lately- (see the Pozlusney INT). Is he trying to do too much with what ISNT there? Maybe? Is he being set up for failure b/c of the play called? Perhaps.

To exempt Brady just because he is "Tom Brady" isn't right, IMO. The guy is hurting and playing his butt off, but it's doesn't mean he should be exempt from scrutiny.

Last edited:
He is the least of this team's problems.. He is taking this team on his back and playing injured... Broken Ribs, busted finger, sore shoulder and a rusty knee... Anybody that says he has regressed, needs a major wakeup call..

This Qb has heart, just because he is not lighting up the score board, like manning..

The major problem is the play calling, not Tom Brady

You were doing well until the last line IMO.

How about the play calling is trying to use an injured Brady as best it can.

We are 5th in the NFL in points scored with a banged up QB ... yup play calling sucks.

Last edited:
It is completely appropriate to put Brady under the microscope. Just like I do with BB, O'Brian, the line, Kraft, Maroney, Moss, Aiken, Watson, Welker. No one is exempt.

Do I find pleasure in seeing Brady play a less than stellar game? No. As a fan, should I not sit back and wonder why this offense is averaging 19 ppg in it's last 4 outings? Why not?

I'm not "touching" on anything. The playcalling is brutal. The offense in uncreative. Overall, Brady's performance has been very average these last 4 games. Part of this is that Brady has made some poor decisions lately- (see the Pozlusney INT). Is he trying to do too much with what ISNT there? Maybe? Is he being set up for failure b/c of the play called? Perhaps.

To exempt Brady just because he is "Tom Brady" isn't right, IMO. The guy is hurting and playing his butt off, but it's doesn't mean he should be exempt from scrutiny.

I agree, as long as the criticism has some base and not as blatantly wrong as Moss getting hounded by some last week.

Hopefully we can afford to rest TB once we are sure of a playoff berth.

Now, I am going to wait for a mocking post from JSN who cannot seem to accept fans fine with other fan's valid criticism. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah. It was definitely the play calling that underthrew those two passes to a wide open Moss, fresh off of beating double coverage. Gotcha. By the way, one of those was a sure touchdown and the other one was a probable touchdown.
So you dont like Brady now? Tell me the truth Jets or Colts?

Anyone that even critisizes Bradys shoe selection can kiss my ass. You people are rich. This guy thats underthrowing passes won us 3 and really should have won 4 super bowls. You people suck I hate you

lol

You Pats fans are going through what us Colts fans went through in 2005.

You watch your QB go out there and make history only to expect him to match or better that performance in upcoming years.

Marino in 02', Manning in 04', and Brady's record season in 07' in an abberation. Don't make an exception the rule....you'll only be let down.

Saying that, Brady doesn't look good at all.

lmao....now he has broken ribs ? I dont think so......just another excuse.

lmao....now he has broken ribs ? I dont think so......just another excuse.

It's well known that he's banged up pretty good. He's a tough, SOB, man. Played through a hernia, played through ribs, lit up a great defense with a 104 fever. Brady's heart cannot be questioned.

His willingness to get back to what made him who he is? Yeah, I think that's a legitimate concern.

You were doing well until the last line IMO.

How about the play calling is trying to use an injured Brady as best it can.

We are 5th in the NFL in points scored with a banged up QB ... yup play calling sucks.

I think the play calling is questionable down the stretch... which is why we sometimes struggle in second half of games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back