PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those Brady Bashers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think any team going into the playoffs, if losing meant going bankrupt and losing their house, would take a 90 percent Brady over their QB. If you put Brady on the Colts in the playoffs, how much further would they go? They'd be the team of the decade right now, not the Patriots.

That's why I don't complain about the best QB in the league even if he throws some bad passes.

I think any team going into the playoffs, if losing meant going bankrupt and losing their house, would take a 90 percent Brady over their QB. If you put Brady on the Colts in the playoffs, how much further would they go? They'd be the team of the decade right now, not the Patriots.

That's why I don't complain about the best QB in the league even if he throws some bad passes.

the colts would be 9-5 just like the pats are if brady was there QB

love him or hate him payton manning has 7 come back wins for the colts this year with out manning the colts are a 500 team

brady is not playing good right now you can't tell me 100 yerds 1 TD 1 INT was a great game when you have the 2 best WR's in the NFL and your playing the bills who don't have any good corners

He's been shaky this year, no denying that. I'm talking about playoff Brady.

When it's a win or go home game, no one I'd rather have. One thing to throw 4 TDs against the Bills. Another thing to get the W against a quality team in January.

He is the least of this team's problems.. He is taking this team on his back and playing injured... Broken Ribs, busted finger, sore shoulder and a rusty knee... Anybody that says he has regressed, needs a major wakeup call..

This Qb has heart, just because he is not lighting up the score board, like manning..

The major problem is the play calling, not Tom Brady

You do realize that BRADY is the one who is changing most of the plays at the LOS, right?

Also, BRADY is the one who runs through the checkdowns and has been, uncharacteristically, stopping at Welker. He missed a wide open Faulk on at least 3 different occasions today.

This thread ...

It is a thread-faker.

I'd call it a dog-faker but that term is already used ... I don't think dog applies here anyways.

However - now that I think about it - this thread is like a long tale ... a long novel.

This thread ... it's a yarn-faker
... a triple flusher in bathroom terms.

Last edited:

Heck, I would take a 60% Brady and root for him 100%, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't admit that his play is below par if he plays below par.

I think words have been tossed casually without any significance. Does criticism = bashing? Depends on the person who is using the word I guess.

IMO, bashing is what Moss went thru last week by Felger and many in the media and fans: unfair criticism + hysteria without credible evidence, which is purely based on his perceived negative image and past baggage.

Genuine criticism backed on reasonable grounds at poor play/execution/decision is NOT the same 'bashing'. Again, that is IMO.

Last edited:
What part of forcing the ball into double or triple coverage, not progressing past your 2nd read, over throwing or under throwing a ball consistently is Bill O'Brien's fault? I'd also draw your attention to the up and down jobs the offensive line has been producing this season. Brady has been smashed because of them.

Why would you look farther past your second read when it's not going to do any good. Our receivers not named Moss and Welker are a joke

Brady is still my QB but he has had a rough patch this year.Maybe its the injuries but he has thrown an amount of Ints.I think this team misses Josh Mcdaniels in a big way.I hope Charlie is back with us as the new OC.

Brady is still my QB but he has had a rough patch this year.Maybe its the injuries but he has thrown an amount of Ints.I think this team misses Josh Mcdaniels in a big way.I hope Charlie is back with us as the new OC.

His INTs are right on par with his career norms (save for the amazing abberation that is 2007)

His INTs are right on par with his career norms (save for the amazing abberation that is 2007)

11-23, 115 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT are not the usual Tom Brady numbers.

He is definitely banged up, he just doesnt look comfortable out there but seeing him out there and fighting shows what a competitor he is.

He is definitely banged up, he just doesnt look comfortable out there but seeing him out there and fighting shows what a competitor he is.

it looked like he was under pressure all game and he had a guy fall into his leg again

He had a crap game but it's not like he was Mark Sanchez out there

While not the usual numbers, he has had games like that every single season. I was merely pointing out his INTs for the year are on par with his career averages and are not higher than expected.

Tom Brady has done as much for the Patriots as any player has done for any franchise in the history of football. He is amoung the hardest workers in the league and is currently playing through an injury to a finger on his throwing hand, his throwing shoulder, and bruised ribs. Anyone who has had bruised ribs knows that they can feel as bad as broken ribs. O, and by the way, he is in his first year back from a torn ACL and MCL. Yes, Tom didn't play his best today, and he would be the first one to admit that, but he played the best he could at the present time and did what Tom Brady does better then anyone, put the team in a position to win. Brady doesn't care about fantasty points. Any Patriot fan who wants any quarterback other then Tom Brady isn't a good Patriot fan. Brady will continue to get healthier, continue to work hard, and will give us as good a chance, or better a chance to win then any Quarterback in the league.

- IN TOM I TRUST

I agree. I think the offensive play calling is very suspect, this year.

There play's have been too predictable for the opponents to figure out.

Today, I saw 1 trick play: a double reverse run, but welker.

I mean, the 3rd-and-1, play is ridiculously predictable. Run-straight-up-the middle. You can see the opponents surrounding the center, ready for the run.

Geez, can't it be a play-action? Or even a screen?

Maybe, next year, Weis can come back as OC. Let Obrien be assistant-OC, so he can learn next year...

are you sure ? i always see the pats going 5 wide on 2nd and 3rd and short. i wish they man up and run more...

You do realize that BRADY is the one who is changing most of the plays at the LOS, right?

Also, BRADY is the one who runs through the checkdowns and has been, uncharacteristically, stopping at Welker. He missed a wide open Faulk on at least 3 different occasions today.

maybe he has moved from moss to welker as the receiver he always looks for. hopefully someone points those mistakes out....because teams in the postseason will take welker out of the game better than others.

As far as the offense, I think people need to realize that we simply do not have the weapon's we have had in years past. Randy Moss is still an elite reciever in the league (I believe third behind Andre Johnson and Larry Fitz), but he has a bad back and has aged two years since 2007. We all know Wes Welker is amazing. Those two are not the problem. After Moss and Welker our recievers are simply not good enouph. This is a especially big problem because we run a spread offence that is predicated on reciever's getting open. Aiken stinks, Edelman has potential but is raw, slator stinks, Steinback stinks. Two season's ago our front four reciever's were a younger, healthier Moss, Welker, Gaffney, and Stallsworth. That is worlds better then an older Moss, Welker, Aiken, and Edelman. Last year we also still had Gaffney. On top of reciever problems (outside of Moss and Welker), the offensive line has aged as well. I believe they play well but are not as good as they were in the past. Finally, the play calling is predictable and does not fit the personel that is currently on the roster (the 3rd - 5th WR's, and older O-Line).
-Obviously Brady is not fully back yet, but I strongly believe by next year (2nd season back from a major injury) he will be fully returned to old form.
-That being said, I think the offense is still pretty good and will still give us a chance to make a run at a superbowl this postseason.

Its been said already but there IS a problem with Brady this season

1 - He's the one changing the play at the line. Twice today he audibled out of a run and into a shotgun, pass to Welker

2- He consistently looks only for Welker and/or Moss. No-one else. Pozluszny on the pick saw him lock onto Welker and nabbed an easy one

3 - As above I saw at least 3 or 4 plays where Watson, Faulk and Edelman were open and Brady just threw it at Welker - again

Its not like he doesnt have recievers. Watson could do a very good job if he was used more, ditto Maroney in the flats. Edelman can work the slot sometimes

Again first half the play calling was OK with a good running game, useing Moss better and some end arounds etc but second half back we went to shotgun-Welker, shotgun-welker, deep to Moss. Its like groundhog day

We have the recievers and the running game to go deep into the Playoffs but not with Brady playing like he is or with O'Brien sending in the calls

Last edited:
Why would you look farther past your second read when it's not going to do any good. Our receivers not named Moss and Welker are a joke
When an open receiver is your third or fourth read, you damn well throw it to them. That's why.

emoney_33 said:
So it's all black and white. Either he can throw the long ball perfectly or he can't throw it at all? He can't fight through an injury to throw a good, but not perfect, long ball?

Never said he couldn't throw the long ball at all. Just that it has not been steadily accurate at any point this season.

Let's not recreate history either, Brady underthrew Moss in 07 at times.

Not nearly as many times as he has this season. Brady has not only underthrown the deep ball, but he's also overthrown it as well. I actually can't remember a year when he's missed on this many passes.

Just because they don't use injury as an excuse does not mean it is not a factor.

I'm not buying it yet. He's injured, but I don't think it's impacting the long ball like you think it is. My reason for this? Here, let me put it in bold: He hasn't repeatedly hit the long ball successfully at any point this season. Personally, I'd be more inclined to blame it on the knee injury than the ribs. Just ask Carson Palmer what recovering from a torn ACL will do to your long ball.

The fact that Brady will not use his injuries as an excuse has absolutely nothing to do with whether an injury is effecting his play.

Never said that either. My only question was why you're making excuses for Brady when he doesn't make excuses for himself.

I'm not saying Brady has nothing to work on, or that he isn't making any mistakes. But anyone who is worried about or wants to bash Brady this year is just... I don't know, I don't even have the words for it.

You didn't say that outright, but you are definitely asserting that Brady's long ball is just fine and dandy and that it's really the rib injury that's killing it. Since you honestly believe that, do you believe his ribs were injured earlier in the season as well? Surely there must be an injury reason for Brady's (sometimes horrible) misses.

Brady, like everyone, has things to work on and continue to study and improve. However, this team's struggles have a lot more to do with other factors than his mistakes.

I can agree with this.

So you dont like Brady now? Tell me the truth Jets or Colts?

Yeah, that's gotta be it. I'm just a Jets or a Colts fan masquerading as a Pats fan. The Brady signature right below this post is just to throw everyone off. I really hate Brady. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots