Welcome to PatsFans.com

Football vs. Baseball

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by RoughingthePasser, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoughingthePasser

RoughingthePasser Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. Elijah

Elijah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +87 / 9 / -3

#11 Jersey

I love this.
  3. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Brilliant.

A shame I never really came to appreciate George Carlin until after his death. A man who saw the world just like me, and did such a good job of it too.

This routine is completely true, and the reason why football is so much more interesting than baseball. It's the Colosseum effect, a term which I just made up. We are clearly drawn to confrontation and victory and blood and guts and devastation...and football has cornered the market on confrontation and victory and blood and guts and devastation

Look at any classic NFL films piece. It delivers like a propaganda film. Heavy handed but effing epic. The people eat it up.

Baseball, it's a bunch of dandy fops prancing in the park watching butterflies and slapping each other on the bottoms. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  4. Satchboogie3

Satchboogie3 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This must be the 20th thread I've seen of Carlin's famous skit... and I still love it! It's not just funny, he makes an unbelievable comparison between football and war and the delivery is perfect.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.