PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: Source Says that Wells Report takings so long because investigation turned to the NFL

If the NFL had something as obvious and definitive as a ball boy confessing that he let air out of a ball then that would be a smoking gun, and its beyond clear now that they have nothing of the sort.

It took Wells (not the NFL) 3+ months to conduct interviews, you don't know who they interviewed or what they found. My point is that it could have been a fishing expedition, in which the accusation is made first and the investigation allows them to find the evidence.

Wasn't the purpose of this investigation to find out if the Patriots deflated footballs in the AFC Championship Game?

If it found that the Patriots didn't remove air from footballs during this game, why would the investigation start looking at every other game that the Patriots have played over the last # years? At that point isn't it just a witch hunt?

It's like the police pulling someone over for a suspected DUI, and then when they find out that the driver is sober they start interrogating him to find out if he EVER drove drunk.

Report will be released sometime between May 22 - May 29.
Right after the NFL spring meeting and before the June signing period.

My opinion ........

There is no June signing period this year. They pushed it up to May 12th.

I heard on the radio a good theory of why it will be next week after all the teams do their draft picks introductions. Because after every team does their big introduction of their top picks, every team goes into a bunker for three weeks and has no contact with the media.

Wasn't the purpose of this investigation to find out if the Patriots deflated footballs in the AFC Championship Game?

If it found that the Patriots didn't remove air from footballs during this game, why would the investigation start looking at every other game that the Patriots have played over the last # years? At that point isn't it just a witch hunt?

It's like the police pulling someone over for a suspected DUI, and then when they find out that the driver is sober they start interrogating him to find out if he EVER drove drunk.

The thing is we have no clue what has gone on in the investigation. People are treating rumors as fact, others are treating assumptions (ie the only reason it could take this long is...) as fact.
To answer your point, personally, I think they were given carte blanche to investigate everything about footballs, inflation and how they are inspected. As far as going back to investigate into the past, there is no such thing as proof that something isn't. There is truly no way to prove the Patriots did not alter the balls on that day, so they can't close the investigation based on the preponderance of that evidence because the evidence is incomplete, unless they have film of every second after the balls left the referees lockerroom.
Therefore, to answer the complaint they need to dig further.

That's my point, that it is (or may be) a witch hunt.

FYI https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deflate-calc/id987622012?ls=1&mt=8

Deflate Calc is an application that will help you estimate the deflation of a football based upon temperature differences. It is as simple as entering the temperature at the initial measurement, PSI at first temperature, and temperature at second measurement. The app will then estimate the PSI at the second temperature.

if you guys think the wells report will be favorable to NE, despite no evidence that they did anything, I have a bridge in brooklyn to sell to you - PM me.

I have faith that Wells will at least explain the heart of the issue, that pressure drops with temperature.

To deny that would be like arguing for a flat Earth.

No Columbia scientist will sign off on that.

No high school science teacher would sign off on that.

Deflate Calc is an application that will help you estimate the deflation of a football based upon temperature differences. It is as simple as entering the temperature at the initial measurement, PSI at first temperature, and temperature at second measurement. The app will then estimate the PSI at the second temperature.

Are you putting it out on android soon as well, on google play?

My sources say florio is a jackass.

Well glad somebody managed to do something productive with this situation lol.

Of course none of know what the report says - and what it SAYS and what Goodell's spin on it will be are also two different things

But I just don't see how this report can't have at least some focus on Kensil's role - and the potential role her or some other source had in continuing to leak info to the press that was purposefully biased against the Patriots - clearly twisted way out of context by someone in the NFL to make the Patriots look bad

The report release is just one part of it - the next shoe to fall is any ramifications on the NFL offices, as some sources seem to think is he case

And again, if the guillotine falls on Kensil for being biased and unfair - then I'd say it's up to us to call into question the role he played in creating and pursuing Spygate

Can anyone think of anything the NFL has handled under Goodell that hasn't been completely f****d up?

I fully expect the report to come out and and to look like it was investigated by a kindergartner. There will likely be witnesses not interviewed, basic science confused, obvious angles ignored. It will look like someone spent a week half-a**ing it, just like how they handled Rice, the CBA, the ref lockout, all fines, the competition commitee, etc.

Wells has only one priority, to do what he is asked by the people paying him. If he craps on his employer the next will be less likely to hire him. I'm sure he could have a very lucrative career whitewashing scandals for those who hire him. More lucrative than turning on the people who pay him.

Last edited:
Wells didn't do the Rice investigation. He did the Dolphins bullying investigation. And he did a pretty fair and thorough job too.

Can anyone think of anything the NFL has handled under Goodell that hasn't been completely f****d up?

I fully expect the report to come out and and to look like it was investigated by a kindergartner. There will likely be witnesses not interviewed, basic science confused, obvious angles ignored. It will look like someone spent a week half-a**ing it, just like how they handled Rice, the CBA, the ref lockout, all fines, the competition commitee, etc.

Wells has only one priority, to do what he is asked by the people paying him. If he craps on his employer the next will be less likely to hire him. I'm sure he could have a very lucrative career whitewashing scandals for those who hire him. More lucrative than turning on the people who pay him. He already got this job as a reward for doing the same with Rice.

You do realize that it's the owners who are paying him, right? Roger Goodell doesn't pay for anything.

i find it funny that some people still try to apply logic to the nfls investigation[wells report]. the nfl is guided by political correctness and public opinion. they will do whatever they feel like doing regardless of logic fair play or facts. they can stick it to the pats and outside of newengland people will applaud no matter what the wells reports says. nfl=wwf

I did see the CBS Charlie Rose interview. My thoughts are..

1. Goodell looks like a man about to be charged with a pedophile crime. Seriously.
2. His comment saying, " We don't know if this happened in other games" completely floored me. How in the world could a solid investigation ensue on earlier games on a past calendar when the"Sting" AFCG was not even planned for properly?o_O Is this where interviewing players years out of the league will build an evidence base to charge the Pats comes from?
3. If that is seriously his agenda I have no idea how all of this cannot reflect that the commish has lost his entire mind. Bob Kraft is an old man,,,what's he have to lose? Roger better watch his back.

Jonathan Kraft also seems like someone you really don't want to piss off in the corporate environment.

Jonathan Kraft also seems like someone you really don't want to piss off in the corporate environment.
I know two people who work for companies which do business with the Kraft group. You are a perceptive fellow.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back