PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: Source Says that Wells Report takings so long because investigation turned to the NFL

Didn't help.

Note to self: Stop wearing Patriots jerseys at Baltimore Washington International Airport.

LOL. I'm currently at Miami International Airport. Chose to wear a Patriots hat. Already had one lazy deflate gate joke tossed at me.

Getting great reception to my patriots sweatshirt on My Viking River cruise here in France. Some elderly Jets fans did say the Jets were going to win the AFC East. Ha!
Was at a concert in NYC last night at Irving Plaza, thumbs up to the fellow Pats fan wearing the Pats blue sweatshirt. Had my Pats t-shirt under a button down. Said, WTF, unbuttoned my shirt and displayed who I am proudly.

Getting great reception to my patriots sweatshirt on My Viking River cruise here in France. Some elderly Jets fans did say the Jets were going to win the AFC East. Ha!

Well, then just smile at Woody and try not to make any eye contact. I'm sure Mr. Johnson's nurse/caregiver will help him while he's on vacation.

Didn't help.

Note to self: Stop wearing Patriots jerseys at Baltimore Washington International Airport.

On the way back from a trip to Orlando about 3 years ago, I was wearing a Patriots t-shirt in the airport. When we got to the security check, one of the TSA guys says "Oh, a Patriots fan. Come this way" and had me go through one of those body scanners (this was when they were sending like 1 in 5 people through those machines.)

Well, then just smile at Woody and try not to make any eye contact. I'm sure Mr. Johnson's nurse/caregiver will help him while he's on vacation.

Maybe you could turn on a recording device and nudge him into discussing current Pats players he might like.

Wait, nevermind. We've all seen how far that goes when it is the Rats.

Yes yes yes ...unequivocally YES. Of course there is jealousy toward any long string of sports success but when has there ever been a cabal WITHIN the structure of any sports league bent on destroying and tearing down ANY success of a SPECIFIC member of that organization? By all means hate the Patriots all you want, I say to the other 30 teams in the league but for God's sake, open your collective EYES and cleanse the NFL of every single NY Jet influence NOW and declare a ten year moratorium on hirings of ANY Jets employees in the future. This Kensil scum is a CRIMINAL and should be subject to the same prosecution by law as any other organized criminal conspiracy. The league needs to be cleansed of this NYC-centric cell of executives and restaffed by qualified executives from across the United States. Men of impeccable reputation and educational qualifications, not some red headed little rich kid doofus with a generic "business" degree who allows national media outlets to propagate the OUTRIGHT LIE that he is an attorney, as we saw with the ESPN interview...as he sat there mute when the interviewer STATED for the record that he IS an attorney. Jeezus, he's a BOLD FACED PUBLIC LIAR archived on videotape for krissakes and STILL omnipotent ruler of the NFL...it's INSANITY.

I believe that's what the league is wrestling with now. If the Wells report had any evidence that the Patriots did something wrong, it would already have been completed. If the report is uncovering evidence of an anti-Patriots smear campaign that league officials participated in, then I can see some reluctance on the NFL's part to release that information.

What are their options, though? No one is going to accept a "We have found no wrongdoing or unusual activity on anyone's part" whitewash report after a 3.5 month (and counting) investigation. If we are reading this situation correctly, it's time for Goodell to be the grown-up in the room and explain what happened, even if it does make the league look bad. If that ends up costing him his job, that's too bad. If you want to be The Sheriff, you might end up taking the fall when your deputies decide to go behind your back and hassle one of the prominent businesses in town.

I may be mis-remembering, but wasn't there a commitment made to release the Wells report when it is complete?

Goodell just needs a little more time to prepare his resignation speech to coincide with the release of the Wells report (hey! I can dream, can't I?).

On the way back from a trip to Orlando about 3 years ago, I was wearing a Patriots t-shirt in the airport. When we got to the security check, one of the TSA guys says "Oh, a Patriots fan. Come this way" and had me go through one of those body scanners (this was when they were sending like 1 in 5 people through those machines.)

What a piece of sh*t discriminating a**hole! You should have clocked him! It would have been worth the jail time!:mad:

Not sure if there would be anything gained but if it happens again you can absolutely file an unwarranted harassment claim vs the TSA.

I have a Pats luggage ID tag holder and I get my balls broken all the time. I travel quite a bit and these last couple of months have been enjoyable. :D

Must've been the ones that were around for that sole Superbowl win many years ago!

One of my great reasons to envy the youth of today is that I was born slightly before the JEST last won WHAT CAME TO BE CALLED Super Bowl III.

I will therefore almost certainly die before the last person who remembers that super bowl first-hand.

You younger posters will be able to cackle in the nursing home at JEST fans in an era when the last person who remembers their one SB win has passed away.

I am going to look into cryogenics.

If the Wells report had any evidence that the Patriots did something wrong, it would already have been completed.

Quoting this not to single you out specifically, but it seems like it's become sort of a common refrain among Pats fans. Believe me, I would love for that to be the reason for the ridiculously long time this report is taking, but there isn't any basis for thinking it.

Until the report is released, absolutely everything is equally in play, from big penalties for the Pats to our dream of an apology for the Pats, punishment for the Colts, etc. But if the early leaks should have taught us, absolutely nothing is reliable. Until the report is released, there really is nothing to discuss.

Quoting this not to single you out specifically, but it seems like it's become sort of a common refrain among Pats fans. Believe me, I would love for that to be the reason for the ridiculously long time this report is taking, but there isn't any basis for thinking it.

......other than attorney and Pats hater Florio writing that he has a league source contradicting your point?

Koma said:
If the Wells report had any evidence that the Patriots did something wrong, it would already have been completed.
You pay an attorney by the hour and you think it is going to be done quickly???? Dream on.......

You pay an ex-Jet 44 million to head your mutli-billion dollar league and you think he's not going to weasel his scumbag Jet/Rat buddies into all the key positions of NFL offices?..Nightmare on....

Really? Downvoted for cryogenics?
latest

That's an incredible opportunity re: your overseas cruise. Enjoy yourself!

I have missed the Jets fans the last few years since they were just hopeless under Idzik. The mindset of the Jets' fans are always the same:

They are talking about this being the year they knock the Pats off for the AFC East from March to about October. In October, it is how the Pats will go on a slide and the Jets will get right back in the race. In November, it is that the Jets can get a Wild Card berth and they are good enough to do damage in the playoffs if they get hot. In December, it draft talk time.

The last two or three years, Jets fans gave up on the season in June. No fun. Far better to let them get their hopes up only to have the carpet ripped out from under them.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back