PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: Source Says that Wells Report takings so long because investigation turned to the NFL

How does he know this f he has not seen the report which may expose misconduct in the NFL's office.

Either you just answered your own question without realizing it in the sense that Goodell already has a hint of what's to come, or the NFL "misconduct" isn't going to be seen as anything too significant.

In the end, I think all the owners would rather see their personal business kept behind closed doors, but the reality is that is very difficult. In the meantime, I wouldn't hold my breath for the source who broke the story to be brought to light, particularly since it's likely Jim Irsay.

Wells may slam the NFL himself. That would be great

It would be great, but I'm not expecting that, particularly since Pash and Wells are co-investigators.

People here keep referring to it as "the Wells investigation," but the official NFL statement released after the incident refutes that and claims that Pash and Wells have equal authority. As a matter of fact, it actually lists Pash first.

• Agree
Reactions: SVN
Logically, it makes sense. Goodell doesn't have to apologize for doing his job.

Though it's strongly my opinion he should apologize for how he handled the investigation. At any point he could have put Deflategate in some context and it would have done wonders in stemming the media feeding frenzy. Instead he only adds fuel to the fire with vagaries and damning leaks without any context. There was absolutely no need for us to have gone through what we did as a team and an organization and as a fanbase.

Goodell: For the moment, this is not a big deal. Yes we are investigating the matter but teams accuse each other of exactly this kind of thing all the time. We investigate these kind of incidents all the time. Blah blah blah

But to the apology. Yes, its logical not to apologize for assuring to the integrity of the league, but dont entire cities and police forces apologize for false accusations and wrongful convictions?

I agree. No doubt that the apology should be for casting the team in a negative light via leaks, but since he'll never admit to doing anything of the sort, we shouldn't be surprised. To be honest, I'm actually surprised that some here felt that it was even a possibility in the first place. It's almost as if they felt that Goodell is a fair and just human being. ;)

He's a weasel. This one example of him recasting the apology demand as one for the mere act of INVESTIGATING instead of what Kraft CLEARLY and PUBLICLY said - - for the LEAKS is simply disreputable. He is a lawyer, he understands words So it's not ignorance, it is dishonesty.

He's a weasel. This one example of him recasting the apology demand as one for the mere act of INVESTIGATING instead of what Kraft CLEARLY and PUBLICLY said - - for the LEAKS is simply disreputable. He is a lawyer, he understands words So it's not ignorance, it is dishonesty.

Goodell is not a lawyer, so it could be ignorance and dishonesty. :)

Goodell is not a lawyer, so it could be ignorance and dishonesty. :)

Goodell just exudes a total lack of confidence and looks like all he wants is to roll up in a ball in the corner and cry. I am serious, he looks like a beaten dog in the way he carries himself and speaks now. He was never charismatic to begin with.

I agree, I would seriously wager that Goodell really just doesn't know how to handle himself at the moment. Everything he's saying, and how he is saying it, doesn't appear to be coming from some confident knowledge but instead from some spontaneous defensiveness.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back