PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio predicts Jets over Pats in the AFC East

Status
Not open for further replies.
On ESPN, Kordell Stewart also picked the Green Beans to finish first in the division. KORDELL STEWART?! Who gives a flying frack what that guy thinks? For that matter, who cares what Florio thinks?

Of course, he's a little butt hurt from the smack down we'd put on his Steelers.

10 Reasons why they wont win the division.

1. Mark Sanchez is too inconsistent
2. Shonn Greene cannot stay healthy
3. Offensive line protection, not good pass blocking
4. Kris Jenkins no longer there
5. Absence of a true pass rush
6. Shaun Ellis no longer there(big difference I think)
7. Calvin Pace's inconsistent health
8. No real presence in the middle since loosing Jonathan Vilma (although Harris is really good)
9. Cromartie too inconsistent in covering intermediate route runners
10. Safeties are a little questionable.

8. No real presence in the middle since loosing Jonathan Vilma (although Harris is really good)

Their pass protection is damn good and the rest of these things won't hold them back. Inb4this is posted on Jets Insider/The Gang Green. The true reason they won't win the division is because they play in the same division as the New England Patriots.

Last edited:
Isn't Florio a Viking fan?

Florio is an absolute moron, not because of his prediction, but because he's a sensationalist clown who is nothing but a rumor monger.

Sanchez has played for 2 years, inconsistency to be expected, he will only get better.

Greene hasn't missed any games because of injury.

OL is the same unit they had last year, pass blocking wasn't an issue.

Kris Jenkins played 3 games the last two years, I think it's safe for Pats fans to exclude him from their "why the Jets will stink diatribes."

Pass rush is indeed one of the holes in the Jets defense, but most of that is scheme related, Aaron Maybin and Jamaal Westerman could help improve this area.

Shaun Ellis is an aging player who has lost quite a bit, the Jets got younger, more talented, stronger, and faster on the DL this year.

Fair point about Pace, if healthy, he can be a monster, which would only improve the defense.

Vilma? He hasn't been a Jet for 4 years, Harris and Scott are one of the better ILB duos in the league, it's time to update your Jets roster.

I think Cromartie has an even better year this year, and a career year, he loves Rex's scheme, the Jets defense, especially their secondary will be better.

Leonard missed the final 5 games and post season last year, big loss, he's healthy and back. Eric Smith has improved this season, they lack the marquee player, the big athlete, but they make up for it in smarts and physical play in Leonard and Smith. I would agree, safety is the weaker spot on the Jets defense.

Their pass protection is damn good and the rest of these things won't hold them back. Inb4this is posted on Jets Insider/The Gang Green. The true reason they won't win the division is because they play in the same division as the New England Patriots.
I agree that the Jets offensive line is very good. On face value you would pick the Patriots to win the division but I'd like to see how everything pans out through 4 games to make a reliable statement on both teams.

It'll be interesting to see how both function with the personnel losses and acquisitions in the pre-season.

Last edited:
He lost me the moment he said that he thought the Bills would do better this season. I don't know what the Patriots will do this year, but the Bills will be luck to win 4 games this year. They are terrible.

Good list, but you neglected to cite true reason #1: They're the Jests.

I think that's not quite right. The audience he's going after are Patriot haters--which vastly outnumber Patriot fans.

if you've been keeping track of pft, they randomly target every fanbase

that's the real way to get site hits

They have been as consistent an opponent as anyone in recent years.

I don't think they take the division : mostly because I don't trust Sanchez is near elite. But I am concerned if NE meets them in an important game LATE or in the playoffs.

I agree but I think this is a different NE team with an 04 Pedigree that has everything in place and will be too tough for the Jets, this time around. I really like this core of Patriots for the 2011 season. Jets will finish in Second.

Picking the Jest is fine. it's the "logic" the mediots show is what is stupid.

Florio poopoo's our defense. OK, this happens mainly because of 3rd down conversion. Then he goes on about turnover differential.

3rd down conversion means longer drives and more plays. More plays means a mistake being made goes up. This means more turnover differential.

Differential goes down with fewer 3rd down conversions.

It's like Jaws. He basically creams himself over the Detroit game which was a carbon copy of Thanksgiving. Then goes Cameron Wake without ever realizing we play them twice a year and on hung about 80 points on them last year.

Hello,Hello, Hello

Actually I've rather have them pick the Jets than us, I think the underdog role is good for us.

What a arzz!

I really don't care about any preseason prediction other than for entertainment purposes, but the Bills could be a Wild Card?!? So be it that he has the Jets ahead of the Pats, but to think the Bills will be good enough to make the Wild Card is a huge stretch.

LOL at the Bills even sniffing a wildcard with Fitzpatrick at the helm. That right there tells me I shouldn't take these predictions even half seriously.

I agree.

Weren't these knocks against their D present even last year? I thought they would suffer after Jenkins was out during the season but they did pretty good, didn't they? Heck, in the second round of the playoffs, they were on the road and beat a great team that was coming off a bye-week.

That said, I think we will sweep them everytime we play them this season because there is too much anger in Brady and the other guys for losing such a great opportunity last season. Let's see.

I have always loved it when the media overlook the Patriots, I hope all the media jumps on board with this. I hope they all predict a Jets Superbowl.:rolleyes:
Underdog and under radar is where I'd prefer to be.

I saw this the other day and i couldn't believe it either, his reasoning was that our turnover differential would be worse than last year, and it would almost have to be, but alot of the turnovers came in blowout games where even if the patriots had not gotten a turnover or turned the ball over, the patriots still would have won.

ALOT of the jets games last year were won in overtime or extremely late in the game, they barely squeaked out a victory in about 3-4 games, yet this isnt ever brought up as a reason the jets will degress.

They get the Jaguars instead of the Colts and they get the Ravens instead of the Steelers.

I saw this the other day and i couldn't believe it either, his reasoning was that our turnover differential would be worse than last year, and it would almost have to be, but alot of the turnovers came in blowout games where even if the patriots had not gotten a turnover or turned the ball over, the patriots still would have won.

ALOT of the jets games last year were won in overtime or extremely late in the game, they barely squeaked out a victory in about 3-4 games, yet this isnt ever brought up as a reason the jets will degress.

They get the Jaguars instead of the Colts and they get the Ravens instead of the Steelers.

I've said this about last season. We always have a tougher slate then the Jets and they barely won games last season. Like I said before, they slipped and fell into the playoffs last season.

That luck will run short soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results