PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: Early Season Ratings Decline Continues for NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
excellent news!! i hope the ratings continue to tank

but we'll be on national tv quite a bit over the next couple of weeks so the ratings will increase

No we won't. The next national game the Pats have is over a month from now. And that's after the bye week.

A couple of days ago on a thread I started awhile ago, a member took me to task on my premise Goodell can't hand down DeflateGate and BountyGate punishments at will - not that powerful. I pretended to submit to this member's banter by "agreeing" Goodell is a Putinesque dictator for life that can hand down a punishment if Brady doesn't look at Goodell right...

Seriously, what this redhaired clown has done the past decade now has a bread-and-butter issue: ratings. If viewership is down the entire season by 10%, could the owners make Goodell the fall guy?

Jackass Krapernick forgets that a QB is team leader and must unite his team. He instantly divided his and proved he is no QB. Nor does sitting or kneeling accomplish anything except make him feel superior. Well I'll exercise my rights too. I'm not buying! F@@K off Krap and all your libtard followers!

Plus half the league is 1-3 or worse. There simply are few good matchups in a week, sometimes none.

Maybe we need a movement
#LessInterestedInFootball Goodell
#LessInterestedInFootball #Can'tTrusttheNFLProduct

Seriously, what this redhaired clown has done the past decade now has a bread-and-butter issue: ratings. If viewership is down the entire season by 10%, could the owners make Goodell the fall guy?

Once it starts hitting the owners' pocketbooks, it's certainly possible. The owners know that Roger is universally hated, and if getting rid of him is enough to turn the tide and bring money back into their pockets, they'll do it.

The question I have is more along the lines of, what is their intention if they replace Roger? To my previous paragraph, they may think the gist of the problem is Roger himself. Therefore they could simply replace him with someone who is extremely similar, but not make any substantive changes to any of their operations and plans, and think that they solved the problem since the Goodell brand has been removed. Similar to how Comcast thought they could change opinions of them by simply rebranding their product as XFinity and not make any actual substantive changes. Let's hope this isn't the path they go down, because otherwise it'll just be meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Once it starts hitting the owners' pocketbooks, it's certainly possible. The owners know that Roger is universally hated, and if getting rid of him is enough to turn the tide and bring money back into their pockets, they'll do it.

The question I have is more along the lines of, what is their intention if they replace Roger? To my previous paragraph, they may think the gist of the problem is Roger himself. Therefore they could simply replace him with someone who is extremely similar, but not make any substantive changes to any of their operations and plans, and think that they solved the problem since the Goodell brand has been removed. Similar to how Comcast thought they could change opinions of them by simply rebranding their product as XFinity and not make any actual substantive changes. Let's hope this isn't the path they go down, because otherwise it'll just be meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

For me, just getting rid of Goodell is insufficient. I want to see the Pats made whole.

At the very minimum I want to see the NFL* admit that Defamegate is what we all know it to be here, a witch hunt with no basis aimed at trying to punish the Pats for winning so much and an attempt to impose parity.

For me, just getting rid of Goodell is insufficient. I want to see the Pats made whole.

At the very minimum I want to see the NFL* admit that Defamegate is what we all know it to be here, a witch hunt with no basis aimed at trying to punish the Pats for winning so much and an attempt to impose parity.

LOL........maybe they should come to your house and beg for forgiveness?

I'm sure Roger is discussing some ideas to prevent revenue loss. Those ideas include:

- changing more rules
- punishing random people for "image"
- increasing commercials
- encouraging more political messages

Roger is a true believer. He will just idiot harder to fix his failures.

I'm sure Roger is discussing some ideas to prevent revenue loss. Those ideas include:

- changing more rules
- increasing commercials

Nice usage of "idiot" as a verb.

Last edited:

I want my wife to bring her twin sister over for a threeway, but I know it'll never happen.

I know why ratings have been down: terrible product. That game last night was garbage.

- changing more rules
- increasing commercials

And if those fail a lockout will surely help ratings!

It's sad this is happening a little too soon. The NFL believed it's hype, but this may snap them back to reality and realized a lockout would hit the sport hard.

espn radio was on at work, and I have to say it's funny listening to them make up every excuse why rating are down. like it's all good they will go back up just fine. lol

Jackass Krapernick forgets that a QB is team leader and must unite his team. He instantly divided his and proved he is no QB. Nor does sitting or kneeling accomplish anything except make him feel superior. Well I'll exercise my rights too. I'm not buying! F@@K off Krap and all your libtard followers!

Plus half the league is 1-3 or worse. There simply are few good matchups in a week, sometimes none.
i give this response 5 stars on a scale from 1 to 5. 5 being the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents