PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First pass @ 2006 predictions - Pats finish...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it before and I will say it once again - 14-2, first round bye and homefield advantage.

See you all in Miami in Feb as we trounce the Redskins on our way to Superbowl # 4 out of 6 years, not too shabby!!

tdw777 said:
I'll be pissed if Indy comes in and spanks us like last year. I would rather lose to Buffalo and the Jets than lose to Indy and Denver.

At first I jumped out of my seat but I see your point. In our best years we beat the heavies and have crap games against teams like the Bills or Jets. I still don't see less than 12 wins w/ this schedule.

Looking through all of our AFC competition, I don't see any team getting 12 wins, looks like their slates are as bad as ours last year.

tdw777 said:
I'll be pissed if Indy comes in and spanks us like last year. I would rather lose to Buffalo and the Jets than lose to Indy and Denver.
Indy will only have one dimension next year and that is their passing game. Unless they go and get the next Cadillac, whoever that ends up being, in the draft. In which case I would cry. Just kidding. But not really.

Indy goes 8-8 at best. You heard it here first.

drpatriot said:
Indy will only have one dimension next year and that is their passing game. Unless they go and get the next Cadillac, whoever that ends up being, in the draft. In which case I would cry. Just kidding. But not really.

Indy goes 8-8 at best. You heard it here first.

So do you think we have made improvements in the secondary? Manning gave the fans a clinic last year.

tdw777 said:
So do you think we have made improvements in the secondary? Manning gave the fans a clinic last year.
I think our secondary is slightly better, not drastically.

The main difference in this game will be that the Colts won't have an alternative to the pass without Edge; their offense will be one-dimensional.

The Pats can stop Manning if they solely rely on him. Rush the linemen, Rosy and our new OLB and drop the rest of the defense back into coverage? Don't count on the Colts beating that.

Last edited:
Vikings 21, Pats 17

Eek!

The very worst we do is 11-5 with losses vs Denver, at Cincy, vs Colts, at Miami and at Jax. We will win minimum of 1 and as high as 3 of those. So a final record of 13-3 or 12-4 is realistic, and 14-2 is by no means out of the question!!! Yahoo! We're going to the Superbowl! We're going to the Superbowl! We're going to the Superbowl! We're going to the Superbowl! Yup 4 times in 6 years.

I'm amazed at all the people picking the Colts to beat us at The Razor. There will be times next season when the decision to let AV go will be put to the test, but let's not forget the Colts had the little man behind the curtain (E. James) go bye bye this year. They're going to be adapting to that all season long. I'm not sure people really grasp how valuable he is to their offense.

We'll lose a game or two because Gramatica (or whoever) can't get it done when it counts, hopefully not in the playoffs though that is something I fear, but for whatever reason I don't think it will be againt the Colts. Just seems like picking that one is a little too obvious.

Last edited:
Well lets split this up into 3 groups

Games we should win - must wins
Jets (2)
Bills (2)
Packers
Lions
Texans
Titans

So that should be 8 wins

Tough games - but games we should still win
Dolphins (2)
Vikins
Bears
Jaguars

5 games so I would say AT LEAST 3 Wins

Hard games - But hey we are the Pats, we can still win
Broncos
Bengals
Colts

Even if we only 1 one of those games (I think we could win all 3) that still leaves us at 12-4 and most likely a bye. I am pretty happy with how this schedule went for us. It is going to be a great season!

my prediction is: 12-4

Go Pats !

I like your take, but I would move Jacksonville into the "hard games" group...

Don't be fooled by their flat playoff performance against us.

They had a QB controversy going.

When we see them, leftwich will be healthy.

They are a good team.

nickw308810 said:
Well lets split this up into 3 groups

Games we should win - must wins
Jets (2)
Bills (2)
Packers
Lions
Texans
Titans

So that should be 8 wins

Tough games - but games we should still win
Dolphins (2)
Vikins
Bears
Jaguars

5 games so I would say AT LEAST 3 Wins

Hard games - But hey we are the Pats, we can still win
Broncos
Bengals
Colts

Even if we only 1 one of those games (I think we could win all 3) that still leaves us at 12-4 and most likely a bye. I am pretty happy with how this schedule went for us. It is going to be a great season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News