PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FIRST GAME PREDICTION: First Patriots Offensive Play Of the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick screen to welker......

Lloyd does a Stop&Go bomb down sideline good for 75yds.

More likely incomplete in double coverage. Ever since Moss, Brady's been forcing those throws. He's lost his mind.

This. Welker on a dig to Brady's left and his standard scoot and duck for a couple more yards.

While this may not be the most popular response, based on past history this should be the most likely play to occur. I'll go along with this as my prediction as well.

Offtackle run to ridley for 5 yards

Does anyone really care what the FIRST offensive play of the game is going to be?

I want to see the LAST Patriots offensive play of the game to be a Brady kneel down.

Last edited:
Does anyone really care what the FIRST offensive play of the game is going to be?

I want to see the LAST Patriots offensive play of the game to be a Brady kneel down.

This X 1000

However, the first play, to my mind, will depend upon where the Pats start from. If it's the 20, or closer to the goal line, then Ridley off tackle.

If it's beyond the 20, then yeah... Welker gets the ball for at least 5.

I hate the sideline fly pattern, and Brady has a very poor completion percentage with that route.

I would rather see a deep post pattern where Lloyd can, hopefully do a Tiquan Underwood imitation and get beyond the safeties only unlike Underwood, Lloyd will hold on to the football.

On the fly pattern the receiver not only has to beat the corner and/or safety coming over to help, but he must be aware of the invisible defender that is there on sideline fly patterns, the white stripe on the field meaning he is out of bounds.

Having to worry about the sideline obviously slows the receiver down a bit compared to going on all jets on the post pattern.

I HAVE ALWAYS HATED THE DEEP SIDELINE FLY PATTERN.

Linda Da Pats Fan that was a pretty deep analogy of a post pattern. But I'll stick with my Stop&Go to Lloyd UP Da SIDELINE. But since you feel SO STRONGLY about that call I'll go further as to say if Lloyd is lined up on leftside of Brady then Straight up da sideline for a TD But if Lloyd lines up on rightside of Brady then same play and when Lloyd breaks free of CB/S/FS he breaks off sideline towards middle of field in which i failed to mention in detail for a TD, Better?

Last edited:
More likely incomplete in double coverage. Ever since Moss, Brady's been forcing those throws. He's lost his mind.

lol I hear ya! No need to force any balls to anyone with all Brady's weapons as you saw when Moss was gone. Brady Implemented TE formations, Welker etc. but it would be nice for Brady send Lloyd long as because he wants to not because he HAS TO.

Ridley 2 yard run off right tackle.

Ridley off tackle run to the right for 4 yards.

Incomplete short pass to the left out of an empty shotgun. Seems to be how every game starts.

Re: FIRST GAME PREDICTION: First Offensive Play Of the Game

McDaniels first two play calls will be running plays. A 1 yard gain up the middle on first down and a 2 yard loss on second down.

Then, under extreme pressure, set up by the inane play calls on 1st and 2nd downs, Brady will be forced to throw the ball away, out of bounds.

I would have called, on first down, play action and a deep post to Lloyd.

The good side of all of this is that things can only get better, and they will

I think NEM had a daughter.:D

What are you talking about?

Ridley off tackle for short gain. I'll be on the edge of my seat hoping for something big and then....... not much. :(

No worries, eventually they'll get it together and crush them....

Hernandez crosses with Welker and catches a 6-yd pass from Brady in space and pins on another 23 YAC.

Another NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS FIRST DOWN!

Well, not "another" since it's the first play but...you know what I mean.

Brady to Gronk for a 7 yard gain, dragging LB Colin McCarthy for six of them. McCarthy gets up and says "Oooh, WTF?!?"

Last edited:
Play action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back