PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FIRST GAME PREDICTION: First Patriots Offensive Play Of the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh under keep your job pressure from BB calls a 3 TE formation with Hernandez in the RB position. H goes out 9 yds straight while the other 2 TEs slant in from opposite directions. The big TEs battle each other for the pass, jump ball style, confusing the hell out of everyone and introducing new potential viewer market $ expansion cage fighting dynamics to the NFL as the 2 safties are crushed between them and carried off the field.

Last edited:
Gronk gets a 5 yard pass from Brady right down the seam,however the first drive ends in a punt after the first possession goes 3 and out.

Last edited:
Brady deep ball to Lloyd...incomplete.

Pats win coin toss = defer ball to Titans.
Titans manage a 1st down then go three and out
Edelman!! 56yrd return TD!!
Pats kick
Titans manage another 1st down then go three and out again.
Brady and the O finally get on the field about 15min into
the game.

How about a quick out pass to Branch. Oh wait, he's gone. Instead, a quick hitch to Gaffney. Oh, he's gone too. Well, I guess it will have to be to Stallworth....Darn, now you tell me.

Back to the drawing board. What's Ocho up to these days???

How about a quick out pass to Branch. Oh wait, he's gone. Instead, a quick hitch to Gaffney. Oh, he's gone too. Well, I guess it will have to be to Stallworth....Darn, now you tell me.

Back to the drawing board. What's Ocho up to these days???
I see 4 options that are better than anyone you mentioned. Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd.

Pats win coin toss = defer ball to Titans.
Titans manage a 1st down then go three and out
Edelman!! 56yrd return TD!!
Pats kick
Titans manage another 1st down then go three and out again.
Brady and the O finally get on the field about 15min into
the game.

Sounds like fun but now what do they run for their first offensive play?:D

Boring but sweep to ridley.

Re: FIRST GAME PREDICTION: First Offensive Play Of the Game

I, for one, hope they do NOT defer this time. Playing on the road, especially in front of a very robust crowd of Titans fans, I would hope that they would take the ball and score seven points on their first possession, thereby shutting the crowd down a bit.

Then hopefully a defensive stand and another scoring possession by the Pats to follow.

Removing that crowd level of noise is critical.

Also, if we allow the Titans to get the ball first, if we had control of it, I expect them to open with a play action call, attacking our secondary, and go deep off of play action.

Not Sure what defering or not defering has to do with quieting the crowd. I think it takes a few series to take the crowd out either way. Lets assume we get the ball first and go right down and score a td and then they answer with a TD are they not going to be just as rabid when we come back out. I think quieting a crowd takes a few drives at the very least a stop and score so doesnt matter the order.

Last edited:
I think the pats come out in the 2 WR (Lloyd, Welker) 2 TE (Gronkadez) single back (Ridley) set. Lloyd out far to the right, welker in the slot right Gronk on the line left with Ahern off the line wingback style to the left, A hern goes in motion right and Ridley gets the ball for a 4 yard gain behind Mankins

Lloyd does a Stop&Go bomb down sideline good for 75yds.

Last edited:
I'll do this from an announcers point of view. Let's do Gus Johnson

Brady in the gun. Ridley in the backfiled. Direct snap to Ridley.....Ridley....TAKES OFF... 45.....50......40....30...20...10..5......TOUCHDOWN!! UNBELIEVEABLE!!! WOWWW!!! 80 YARDS..... STEVAN RIDLEY!! TO THE HOUSE ON THE VERY FIRST PLAY!!! HAHA!!!

:singing:

Last edited:
Lloyd does a Stop&Go bomb down sideline good for 75yds.

I hate the sideline fly pattern, and Brady has a very poor completion percentage with that route.

I would rather see a deep post pattern where Lloyd can, hopefully do a Tiquan Underwood imitation and get beyond the safeties only unlike Underwood, Lloyd will hold on to the football.

On the fly pattern the receiver not only has to beat the corner and/or safety coming over to help, but he must be aware of the invisible defender that is there on sideline fly patterns, the white stripe on the field meaning he is out of bounds.

Having to worry about the sideline obviously slows the receiver down a bit compared to going on all jets on the post pattern.

I HAVE ALWAYS HATED THE DEEP SIDELINE FLY PATTERN.

I'll do this from an announcers point of view. Let's do Gus Johnson

Brady in the gun. Ridley in the backfiled. Direct snap to Ridley.....Ridley....TAKES OFF... 45.....50......40....30...20...10..5......TOUCHDOWN!! UNBELIEVEABLE!!! WOWWW!!! 80 YARDS..... STEVAN RIDLEY!! TO THE HOUSE ON THE VERY FIRST PLAY!!! HAHA!!!

:singing:

Followed by this..."wait, wait, hold on here...there appears to be a yellow marker down on the field back at the Patriots 45 yard line.... the replacement officials are huddling.... one of them has his arms outstretched and has a quizzical look on his face. Wait, wait again... the umpire is stepping into the middle of the circle of officials now, and it looks like he has the NFL rule book in his hand and is pointing something out to the referee..... ok, it looks like they have it settled and here comes the announcement from the ref.............."

"By a vote of 3-3, with the line judge abstaining, there is no penalty on the play. Result of the play.....TOUCHDOWN"

Continuing, he said "We will try to make it up to the other team later in the game."

WR screen to Welker for 6 yards

Tom Brady 80 yard rushing TD. Pulls a Punk'D on the NFL and begins the new era of the physical specimen Brady. :p :rocker:

Last edited:
Ridley, Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd & Welker;
Brady in shotgun;
fake draw to Ridley;
Brady throws ball away because of piss-poor protection.

Brady to Lloyd for 86 yards and the TD.
'nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back