PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Firing An Assistant Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that I am probably in the minority here, but I feel like this team is loaded with talent. A great mixture of Blue chip players, and young, athletic guys. That belief, combined with how terribly underwhelming this team has looked is what concerns me most.

The blame imo goes on the coaches. It has to be. I know the coaches arent on the field covering receivers and blowing tackles, but when you put guys in a position to do something they are uncomfortable with, they arent going to be successful. I could go on and on and on with all of the head scratching decisions made going all the way back to the beginning of the offseason. It's stressing me out d%#*!@t! Lol. Anyways, I have no facts to back amy of this up, just my personal feelings. Good luck tonight for all our hearts.

Were BB to fire either coordinator now I'd question his competence as HC.
He picked them and coached them in the styles he preferred.
Changing now would be a complete panic move (unless Josh banged his GF, or some such)
I'd have no problem were he to choose different coaches AFTER the playoffs not that I'm hot to see the coordinators replaced. We may well see a new OL coach this February.

Belichick might as well fire himself if he fires Patricia because everything I've ever seen indicates that he's just implementing the system as per Belichick.

Also, only ******ed internet messageboard circle jerks could have anyone seriously posting that the OC who oversaw the 3rd highest scoring offense in the league last year be on the 'hot seat' 5 games later. ************.
Yes, of course it would be "******ed" to consider changing a coordinator who is overseeing the 23rd ranked offense despite having a HOF quarterback under center. If McDaniels is infallible, why was he not a priority in St. Louis. Don't let hero worship cloud your view. McDaniels is a smart coordinator, but if a change helps the team moving forward, then I think calling said change "******ed" is like an ostrich putting its head in the sand.

No offense and don't get defensive but the OP reads eerily close to a game thread post.

No way the Pats are getting blown out tonight. This will be a tough game for Cincy. They have two weeks of crap tape to look at. They won't be looking at the same offense or defense tonight. One thing Bedard was right about is that BB and the rest of the staff have been screwing around and being cute and that ends tonight. Bank on it.
With the Brady rumors hitting the web about him not being happy, the distraction won't help this Pats team. This could easily be another blowout, which I don't want, but have a feeling about. Let's avoid calling each other names until we see the game - I will happily admit my mistake if things go well!

Yes, of course it would be "******ed" to consider changing a coordinator who is overseeing the 23rd ranked offense despite having a HOF quarterback under center. If McDaniels is infallible, why was he not a priority in St. Louis. Don't let hero worship cloud your view. McDaniels is a smart coordinator, but if a change helps the team moving forward, then I think calling said change "******ed" is like an ostrich putting its head in the sand.

A change in coordinator isn't going to change our offensive line woes which is the heart of our offensive struggles.

no....I want more of your "feelings"...what are you "feeling" about gold and silver prices this Monday?...what do your "feelings" tell you about the Dow? do you sob like a ten year old girl when the band plays "Feelings" by Morris Albert? do you get funny "feelings" down there whenever you see a poster of Candice Swanepoel or Kate Upton? How about sudden asteroid strikes...any "feelings" about THAT?

Fire and wire

Fire McDaniels

Wire $2-3 mill straight to Scar's bank account with a little message attached

Football is the only sport that can't make a coaching change one quarter of the way into the season because of the complexity of the offense.

I know there has been a lot of chicken little lately. But if the Bengals destroy the Patriots in yet another blowout loss, should the team consider firing either Josh McDaniels or Matt Patricia? If the team continues to play in such a deflated and lethargic fashion, the real question becomes whether sticking with the formula or shaking things up would be most beneficial. Both McDaniels and Patricia are yes men, so Bill isn't getting other viewpoints on his staff. I really wish that the Pats would look for coordinators with a highly successful track record in college -- i.e. they can conceptualize their own gameplans that don't follow the typical NFL or Patriots model. We need some new perspectives, as the screen game and short game in general on offense is predictable: I could tell what the Patriots were trying to do most plays this past week. On defense, why not start blitzing Rex Ryan style and try to make such a talented secondary get a chance to make a play. Sure, the other teams might get the big play, but our turnover margin would improve.

Personally, I think a mid-season shake-up is worth considering on the coaching staff, as it might provide the needed push. I'm leaning towards firing Patricia if, as they say in the mob movies, "someone gotta go."
Is this like sort of, like when the mafia whacks a member just to send a message to the rest of the syndicate? My only concern would be - what if McDaniels or Patricia catch wind go turncoat and enter witness protection?

Football is the only sport that can't make a coaching change one quarter of the way into the season because of the complexity of the offense.

Ravens fired their OC near the end of the year and went on to win the SuperBowl

3rd and long....SCREEN.................................Complexity?
The rest of the O.......Where's Edelperson? Where's Gronk?
I think Charlie can manage a midseason takeover!

McDaniels is a problem

Breaking news:NFL fans upset with offensive coordinator.

We're just blowing up stereotypes all over the place.

The problem is and always has been defense. Defense, defense, defense. The 2003 team won a game that was like, 9-3 and pitched a number of shut outs. Do you ever see this team doing that?

Again - the 2007 and 2011 Giants illustrated this perfectly. Defense wins championships. I don't care if you have the 2nd coming of Walsh with the headset on until this team fields championship calibre defense we have no chance of hoisting another Lombardi.

Breaking news:NFL fans upset with offensive coordinator.

We're just blowing up stereotypes all over the place.

The problem is and always has been defense. Defense, defense, defense. The 2003 team won a game that was like, 9-3 and pitched a number of shut outs. Do you ever see this team doing that?

Again - the 2007 and 2011 Giants illustrated this perfectly. Defense wins championships. I don't care if you have the 2nd coming of Walsh with the headset on until this team fields championship calibre defense we have no chance of hoisting another Lombardi.

Brady doesn't respect McDaniels and that's a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back