PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fess up, people at the stadium, were you among those that left early?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's a really simple solution that will make it a no brainer for people to stay. Add 6 more lanes to route 1 and make immediate access to the highway. Sitting in traffic after a ****ty loss is not fun.

Considering there is no room for this on either side of Rte. 1, it ain't happening (much as I would like it to). You'd have to bankrupt the state of MA (or the towns in which Rte. 1 lies) to buy everyone's property by eminent domain (if you could even do so, because there would be a big lawsuit over whether the state/town could take someone's property in order to enlarge the highway for a private enterprise), never mind the cost of the road itself.

I have no problem with fans who paid good money deciding that they would rather not spend an extra hour sitting in traffic by getting a 2 minute jump.

Any football fan knows that anything can happen on any given play. So even leaving 10 seconds early you run the risk of missing the winning play.

That being said, what percentage of plays result in a turnover?

5%? Less?

So I'm not going to demonize any demoralized fan for lacking faith that the 5% chance of a turnover wasn't going to happen.

I thought it was more of a question then an demonization

Considering there is no room for this on either side of Rte. 1, it ain't happening (much as I would like it to). You'd have to bankrupt the state of MA (or the towns in which Rte. 1 lies) to buy everyone's property by eminent domain (if you could even do so, because there would be a big lawsuit over whether the state/town could take someone's property in order to enlarge the highway for a private enterprise), never mind the cost of the road itself.

It would probably be cheaper to helicopter ticket holders into the stadium each game.

...what percentage of plays result in a turnover?

5%? Less?

So I'm not going to demonize any demoralized fan for lacking faith that the 5% chance of a turnover wasn't going to happen.

The situation did not require a turnover in order to have a chance to win, however the turnover certainly gave us a better chance.

If there had been no turnover, that would still have meant a Cardinal punt would have taken place, with about 15-25 seconds left, thus giving the Pats a couple of plays to set up a long FG. Assuming the Cards ran the ball, got stuffed but didn't fumble, got off an average punt, and Edelman an average return, I would guess we'd have had the ball on our own 40 or so with about 3 pass plays to get 30 yards downfield.

Not hopeless by any means

Right, so why (should anyone) criticize people who don't want to sit through the crappy commute? It's already an all day event.

If you are paying $500 for tickets..you have the right to leave when you want. And with that **** show they put on the field...i don't blame them including myself

Right, so why (should anyone) criticize people who don't want to sit through the crappy commute? It's already an all day event.

Although I did call people who left "dummies" (because they missed some good action at the end of the game - the reason I never leave early if it's close. If it's a blowout in the Pats favor I sometimes bag it halfway through the 4th), I really don't have a problem with people leaving early. It does suck to get stuck in a lot for 2 hours post game, particularly when the Pats lose (if they win, at least you can listen to all the happy yahoos on the radio). I have to say that even though most people stayed until the end of the game, getting out after the game was not a problem on Sunday. I think it's because the weather was nice, it's the first game of the season, and it was dinner time, so many people decided to hang around and either go eat at Patriots Place or cook a 2nd tailgate meal, so there was not a mad rush to the exits in the parking lots.

Last edited:
Although I did call people who left "dummies" (because they missed some good action at the end of the game - the reason I never leave early if it's close. If it's a blowout in the Pats favor I sometimes bag it halfway through the 4th), I really don't have a problem with people leaving early. It does suck to get stuck in a lot for 2 hours post game, particularly when the Pats lose (if they win, at least you can listen to all the happy yahoos on the radio). I have to say that even though most people stayed until the end of the game, getting out after the game was not a problem on Sunday. I think it's because the weather was nice, it's the first game of the season, and it was dinner time, so many people decided to hang around and either go eat at Patriots Place or cook a 2nd tailgate meal, so there was not a mad rush to the exits in the parking lots.

Right, and my point before was that if it weren't a traffic jam, lots more would probably stay. I wasn't suggesting that adding 6 lanes were a viable solution. People make their own decisions based on a number of reasonable arguments.

That fumble was miraculous. You think about ONE thing in that situation, and that's to hold onto the ball. 3rd and 13 with 1:10 left...Patriots without a timeout. You hold onto the ball, punt, and the Pats get the ball back with about 25 seconds or so left...maybe less.

I think that the people that left the game early are better off, really, after the crap that went down after that fumble. They beat traffic to a degree and didn't have to partake in the aggravation of what happened.

Was at the game in Sec. 204. Sad thing was after the failed two point conversion we were the only ones left in our row. Sadder was the fact that from our section's view the kick looked good...:(

I've left early from a couple of Bruins games just because there are so many the patriots however I don't get to see nearly as often so you will catch me in the stands til the end. I think that would be the deciding factor, If I got to go to pats games regularly I wouldn't think to harshly of myself in leaving.

I never leave early. We just fire the grill back up and wait for the traffic to clear.

I never leave early. We just fire the grill back up and wait for the traffic to clear.

I'm surprised more people don't do this, especially after a 1PM game. By the time you get out of the game it's dinner time anyway

I'm surprised more people don't do this, especially after a 1PM game. By the time you get out of the game it's dinner time anyway

A lot of people did this on Sunday, which made the traffic situation manageable. I think the weather has a lot to do with it. It was a gorgeous day with daylight left on Sunday. In December it's dark at 4:00 and plenty cold, and people probably just want to get home or someplace warm.

A lot of people did this on Sunday, which made the traffic situation manageable. I think the weather has a lot to do with it. It was a gorgeous day with daylight left on Sunday. In December it's dark at 4:00 and plenty cold, and people probably just want to get home or someplace warm.
We bring our tent and a heater in Dec-Jan :) I wanted another beer or 6 after the way the game turned out but I was driving...

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back