PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger's expected rant on adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
SVN said:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=131613
he was ranting all along before adam left..now he has finally gone full steam
i just fail to understand why all media just assumes the pats didnt offer adam a deal and it could be just him not wanting to here .

Because it makes better copy to react to the little they know instead of reporting the facts? Boston media thrives on the negative.
Just my 2cts.

Let me take a few of his points and answer them:

“Perhaps the best clutch kicker in the history of the NFL and one of the most popular athletes Boston ever has known now is wearing enemy colors because the Pats refused to budge off their hard-line philosophy.â€

If his price tag was such a great deal, such a no-brainer why did the cold weather Packers let him leave? The Pats and the Packers but thought the price tag was too high!

“Vinatieri agreed to a multi-year deal that reportedly comes with a $3.5 million signing bonus and is worth $2.5 million a season over the first three years of the deal. When all the numbers are factored in, Vinatieri’s average annual cap value will fall in the $3 million range. The NFL salary cap will be $102 million in 2006 and $109 million in 2007.â€

If my choice is Vinatieri at $3 Million or
It’s chicken feed.

There was apparently little dialogue between the Pats and Vinatieri the last several weeks, but the Pats always intended to be below the top of the market, whatever that happened to be. They wanted Vinatieri to make up the difference in local endorsements. That’s insulting.

Meanwhile, here’s another bit of news that’s sure to send you right back to the toilet: The Pats reportedly have expressed interest in former Colts kicker Mike Vanderjagt.

Lest you forgot, the last time Vanderjagt was on a football field, he sent the ball into the cheerleader formation on a potential game-tying playoff kick against Pittsburgh.

The last time Adam didn’t come through with a game on the line was 1999.

“But if the Pats are so bent on consistency, then how do you explain what happened with Corey Dillon last year? Entering the final year of his contract at a fair price of just over $3 million, the Pats felt the need to lavish a multi-year extension on the 31-year-old running back that guaranteed him $10 million over two years. The Pats then watched in horror as Dillon aged in front of their eyes.â€

All Corey did the year before was run for a franchise record 1,635 and 12 TDs in 15 regular season games. Not to mention the 292 yards he racked up in 3 play-off games. I don’t think $3 million would be considered “fair†for that production.

“And if anyone can give me an explanation why Starks was worth $3.5 million but Vinatieri wasn’t, I want to hear it.â€

$3.5 would be the highest cost of any kicker and does not represent good value – unless the kicker has makes every kick – but $3.5 is a bargain for a starting CB. Starks was a bust for argument sake would Felger rather have Champ Bailey for $3.5 or Vinatieri for $3.5. I am assuming Bailey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3