PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger offers high praise for BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
which is kinda unusual to see from felger this season

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=173790

It's well deserved praise... BB crafted a gameplan that masked deficiencies, spread the receiving game out to 10 guys so that although the D knew we were going short nearly every play, had no clear idea where it was going.

Then work in Dave Thomas and nice catches by Graham and more importantly, a nearly mistake free game you're talking a prescription to victory against any opponent. (not to mention BB's decision of when the right time to start eating up the clock was). The Defense came through when they needed to as always.

For me, 24 points against a great Jaguars D is far more impressive than the blowout against Houston (though that win is more impressive with their beating of Indy!)

My only beef would be that Brady was compelled to run far too much - as many rushes as Dillon.

That's a prescription to an early end of the season.

But, all's well that ends well!

Felger must have a couple of glasses of the egg nog.. he will find some problems, a la Borges by the end of the week.

This is an excellent article -- a perceptive analysis of the game plan, backed up by appropriate comments from the players themselves.

I think Felger gets a bit of a bum rap. I don't put him in the Borges category and his on the fights with Borges and Cafardo in 2001 and 2002 on Sports Final were legendary. Up until a year or two ago, he was labelled a Pats cheerleader because he only said great things about the Pats.

I do think his writing has slipped quite a bit since he got his own radio and TV show. I actually thought he was a decent writer before then, but now I think he writes columns to set up discussion on his shows. That causes him to paint things in broad strokes and go overboard with his arguements. He is no longer objective.

I think Felger is a bit more objective than Borges but I do think he loves the
fact that Borgy is anti-Belichick that's why he has him on his show. If Borges wasn't so unobjective about Belichick than I would respect his commentary more. He knows his football but his disdain for Bill takes precedent over his objectiveness. As for Felger I too believe his writing is starting to take a back seat to all of his other activities. He was considered a Pats rump-swab when he first started and I think that's why he's been more critical of the Pats. It's easy to be part of the victory tour when the Pats have been winning so much these past 6-7 years and in the same sense I think that's why Borges likes to be overly critical. It's like he's jealous of BB and doesn't like to admit that BB is a great coach. You have to remember Borges used to write about the Oakland Raiders in their glory years- almost 20 or so years ago and acts as if those were the best football years.
Felger might be more critical of the Pats but I think he's been spot on for a few of the reasons. Such as leaving Brady with no weapons and letting "Patriot type" players leave the team. I understand money wise why these type of players haven't been re-signed but as earlier games suggest Brady hasn't been left with a large arsenal of weapons. He was able to hit multiple players yesterday because they went back to the old offensive attack-short passes, to set up short runs but they still need a long threat, which they don't have -where are you Chad Jackson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back