PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger can't let Vinatieri go, 2 articles today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well newbie you've come to the home base for emotional and obsessed Pats fans - some of whom also write for public consumption even if not for big market dailies. I bet you will find some of them very annoying, while others - perhaps those who share your opinions on one topic or another - will appear to you to be deep thinkers. :rolleyes:

BTW Felger is an emotional and obcessed Packers fan, born and raised. He is though a fairly stalwart convert to Belioli. Unlike so many of the other locals who have never converted from either Sullivanism, Tunaism or in the extreme Raiderism. But just because you convert or were born a believer doens't mean you don't still reserve the right to question from time to time. ;)

MoLewisrocks said:
Well newbie you've come to the home base for emotional and obsessed Pats fans - some of whom also write for public consumption even if not for big market dailies. I bet you will find some of them very annoying, while others - perhaps those who share your opinions on one topic or another - will appear to you to be deep thinkers. :rolleyes:

BTW Felger is an emotional and obcessed Packers fan, born and raised. He is though a fairly stalwart convert to Belioli. Unlike so many of the other locals who have never converted from either Sullivanism, Tunaism or in the extreme Raiderism. But just because you convert or were born a believer doens't mean you don't still reserve the right to question from time to time. ;)

Newbie. Heh.

Maybe technically. I used to be involved here before the big changeover or whatever. I've been on various Pats boards, on and off, since the mid-90s.

I'm definitely aware of Felgie's predilictions, and duplicitous pond scum references by Mannix, and 73-0 predictions by Borges, and that Cafardo is rapidly becoming Borges partner in idiocy.

Mike Reiss and Tom Curran are where it's at for a balanced and thoughtful analysis of the situation. Felgie may be a Belioli convert, but he's also a hyper-emotional knucklehead.

MoLewisrocks said:
I agree...reserving judgement is one thing..and I think ALL Patriot fans wonder..and there are question marks..always is in the off season. AND that is legitimate...But it is if he (as an obsessed Packer fan) was dissing Lombardi as the Packers were winning championships. It is that stupid and dumb!! And this AV situation is so so stupid..everyone has gone on..understands that AV really did NOT wish to be here..and Felger knows but sinstead decides to keep hammering at the organization...(More press for me..) But what does this tell you about him?? He is not a great writer or anyone whose opinion I care about. There WAS a time when he wasn't bad..a year ago..longer..but now?? He's an idiot..and one who is put opportunist..although, I would say for what?? The real football fan knows he's a sham..it is just the MOR fan who thinks writers are gods.

Here's what I want to ask Felger about his new-found kicking obsession:

When Jim Kelly had 3 timeouts, the 2-minute warning, and a 30-yard run from Thurman Thomas, why did Norwood get all the blame for missing a long kick? Answer: because kickers are EXPECTED to make those kicks, when they don't it's called choking and they get their ass fired.

If AV goes to the HoF, he better thank Scott Norwood for CHOKING, and Kelly for the butcher job he did on that drive...Kelly was recently on Stephen A Smith and said the Pats basically have a dynasty because "they made a few kicks" -- Smith of course let him get away with that and I was throwing sht at my TV.

another myth Felger needs to retire: comparing kickers to closers.
One slight difference: a closer doesn't just have to put a ball through a rectangle -- there's acutally a hitter involved in the process too...and last time I checked, closers throw MULTIPLE potentially game-determining pitches -- and do so throughout a season.

And will Felger ever get a grip on that Oakland kick? If AV needed to repeat that kick, even he'd admit he probably wouldn't make it...face it, if we ever need that kick again, we're screwed...whether Adam is here or not.

Now the good news: We still have the player who made 20 passes in Q4-OT despite the blizzard...but was overshadowed by a lucky kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back