Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=134765
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=134766

THere's nothing new here and they say exactly the same thing. He's more like an obsessed fan than a reporter IMO. Vinatieri says he didn't give the Pats a chance to match so what did Felger want them to do? I'd also like to know why whenever a player leaves, the media has to keep asking if the team called that player? Does every free agent that leaves call the team to thank them? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Just more reason to think Felger is following in Borges's footsteps..very plain to see...

Just like Borges became nasty when they traded away Bledsoe, it looks like Felger is becoming like that because they didn't re-sign Adam. Let it go Felger.

In BB we trust. I just keep telling myself Vinatieri was 4/8 in Field Goals over 40 yards last year, and hasn't hit a 50 yarder in a few years.

Listen to my radio show...listen to my radio show...hear more on ESPN...another ratings whore..

Old news.

Adams gone, can't change it.

Felgers morphed into Borges-like, opinionated crybaby.

Don't need to read useless articles.

So I don't even bother.

;) ;)

My signature

Felger started his question, "Correct me if I'm wrong," BB quickly interjected, "I can't wait--"

GJAJ15 said:
Listen to my radio show...listen to my radio show...hear more on ESPN...another ratings whore..
EXACTLY.

10 characters

And after reading those which I did not do..would anyone wish to listen to more dung??? I mean IF he had something to say..a new perspective..information that would be one thing..but it is all just rubbish...

I didn't even want to read them

I've moved on from Vinatieri. Thanks for the memories, now on with the 06 season and the 06 team.

Oh my, he did a Q&A article and then a second article summarizing it ? Hey Felger : K I C K E R. This isn't Brady we lost.

Willie55 said:
Just like Borges became nasty when they traded away Bledsoe, it looks like Felger is becoming like that because they didn't re-sign Adam. Let it go Felger.

In BB we trust. I just keep telling myself Vinatieri was 4/8 in Field Goals over 40 yards last year, and hasn't hit a 50 yarder in a few years.

As in " better a year too early than a year too late" especially if that player has a greater sense of his value (and cost/salary) to the team than the front office and coaching staff do. Somebody should tell him to get over it. This stuff happens and players are grown up who make decisions. Adam chose to move on and didn't give the Pats a chance to match it. He obviously didn't want to be here anymore regardless of what you, me Felger or anybody thinks.
Thanks for the memories Adam and good luck except when you play the Patriots.
Just my $0.02,

This guy is turning into a real asshat. The lazy malcontents at the Herald basically ran the same article twice (as BF just pointed out), the first one in straight Q&A form, and the second "article" was just a narrative based on the same interview.

Check this out, from the "article":
Vinatieri said his first priority when free agency started was to remain with the Pats. But when the process dragged on he had to alter his priorities.
No he didn't. From Felgie's own interview:
Q: Was your first priority to get to a warm-weather place, or a dome team, or was your first priority when it started to remain with the Patriots?
A: Obviously I have a lot of love for New England and the Patriot organization. They have a great organization. I have all the love and respect for the Kraft family and coach (Bill) Belichick, all the coaches and all the players. I’ve loved every single day I’ve been there and I didn’t really think about wanting to go anywhere else at that point, it’s just that as free agency went along my best option was Indianapolis, it really was. (The Patriots) will be fine without me. They’ll work out just fine.
He never answered Felgie's question in the affirmative, or said himself that staying with the Patriots was a priority. Although, that's obviously what Felger was digging for. And if you tell me that "I didn’t really think about wanting to go anywhere else" is the same as saying your first priority is staying, then you're soft in the head. ;)

Loved this one as well: (regarding AV's cap hit)
For whatever reason, the Pats couldn’t fit those numbers in their budget.
Yet in the interview, AV said himself that he did NOT give the Patriots a chance to match the Indy offer. But let's not let a silly little thing like facts get in the way of a good opinion peice. :rolleyes:

T-ShirtDynasty said:
AV said himself that he did NOT give the Patriots a chance to match the Indy offer.
I was surprised he admitted that, got to give him credit for being honest I guess. Once we didn't Franchise him, he was never coming back. I think we all suspected that at the time and now we know it.

By all that is holy...MICHAEL FELGER SHUT THE F UP and go away!!! :mad:
Come back when you morph back into a legit sportswriter. What a moron.
The guy signed with the Colts how long ago? I could understand if all this outrage was over the loss of Brady or Seymour. But with all due respect to AV, he was not and is NOT, I repeat NOT more valuable to this team than Brady and Seymour.
Come on, we are talking about a KICKER for cripes sake!! Yes he was clutch, but so was the QB who consistently put him in field goal range when it counted. :mad:

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Yet in the interview, AV said himself that he did NOT give the Patriots a chance to match the Indy offer. But let's not let a silly little thing like facts get in the way of a good opinion peice. :rolleyes:

I thought the same thing - Felger's worst enemy is Felger... he can't remember what he wrote and then contradicts himself!

p8ryts said:
I've moved on from Vinatieri. Thanks for the memories, now on with the 06 season and the 06 team.

exactly...Adam is gone, Willie is gone, David is gone...that is life Felger, you have to deal with the facts dude, I am loyal to one football organization, Mr Kraft, BB and SP are doing their best, they evaluate and based upon numbers make a decision ... we got Brady, Branch, Watson, Seymour, Bruschi, we got an aweful lot of talent and although you need a short memory in football, the boys will remember last year going forward. I am stoked for the new year, with some new blood....it's gonna be great!!!

It was well put by another poster on this board.....Why the continued press on an Indy Colts player? LET IT GO!!!!!

PatsChick87 said:
It was well put by another poster on this board.....Why the continued press on an Indy Colts player? LET IT GO!!!!!

NE media letting anything go? They all must take coarses in doing this.

beat-dead-horse.gif

Halifax_Pats_Fan said:
exactly...Adam is gone, Willie is gone, David is gone...that is life Felger, you have to deal with the facts dude, I am loyal to one football organization, Mr Kraft, BB and SP are doing their best, they evaluate and based upon numbers make a decision ... we got Brady, Branch, Watson, Seymour, Bruschi, we got an aweful lot of talent and although you need a short memory in football, the boys will remember last year going forward. I am stoked for the new year, with some new blood....it's gonna be great!!!

Yes over over over !!!!! I hope Felger does not post weekly stats on Adam during the season. ONWARD TO THE FUTURE!!!

Felger is an emotional and obsessed fan who happens to write for a newspaper. He's not exactly capable of deep thought on any particular topic, as far as I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes