PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favorite Colts/Pats rivalry moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
And sadly, we could come up with a thread list of the lowest moments of the Colts/Pats rivalry over the past decade. Got-damn what an epic rivalry it has been. So many iconic moments for two teams that don't even play in the same division.

Last edited:
Nothing will ever come close IMO to the Goal Line Stand in 2003

This moment was an early indicator as to which team would eventually be the decades best.

McGinest was so much a HUGE reason why we dominated the Colts those years,he was unstoppable from the edge against Manning.

I don't know how long it will take for this team to get another OLB like Mac....it might be another 10 years the way this team whiffs on drafting OLBs,not Belichick's best attribute.

McGinest was the #4 overall pick. When's the last time the Pats had a top 5 pick?

That's why it's hard to get anoher McGinest, just like it's hard/impossible to get another Seymour.

20-3 playoff game. Their number one offense against our beat up defense. IIRC, the Colts were actually favored in that game at Gillete?

That was it for me, too. After that game, there was no doubt in my mind that they were going to and win the Super Bowl.

Pats and Colts have played every year, despite not being in the same division, due to both usually finishing in first. With the Colts not winning the division this year, I realized, gee, we might not face them next year in the regular season. But, when I looked at the rotation, I think next year, we face the AFC South teams? Am I thinking about this correctly?

Pats and Colts have played every year, despite not being in the same division, due to both usually finishing in first. With the Colts not winning the division this year, I realized, gee, we might not face them next year in the regular season. But, when I looked at the rotation, I think next year, we face the AFC South teams? Am I thinking about this correctly?

Yep, we face the AFC South next year, so we'll have our annual Pats-Colts game, possibly with a Luck vs. Brady angle.

My favorite moments have already been covered, but I think the Sanders INT to seal the game last year should deserves to be in the pantheon of nice moments in the rivalry.

So many great moments already mentioned, the goal line stand, the AFCCG, but I'll add this to the pantheon:

300hc.jpg

8-0 Pats favorites over the 7-0 Colts in their home, unprecedented matchup. Moss saved the game with a circus catch from our own territory. It still looks crazy every time I watch the replay. Moss was shut out of most of that game and delivered at a crucial moment.

I was at that game.

The whole stadium went quiet when Moss made that one hander. The Pats went on to win.

willy mac stop on the one yard line and Ty Law's 3 INT game in the playoffs does are two of my fav

Last edited:
Week 3 of the 2001 season when Bryan Cox destroyed Jerome Pathon, that was the turning point for the Patriots organization.

I happen to like Rodney's INT to seal the 20-3 Playoff game. It was the ultimate way to end the Colts' season that year. That prolific Offense couldn't get a TD against it's biggest rival, on the largest (albiet snowy) stage.

They subsequently got their revenge, in similar fashion, but it was sweet nonetheless.

The 70 point blow out we are going to lay on them this weekend.

The crowd chanting cut that meat after the 4th interception as the snow came down on yet another Manning face.

Not to be forgotten Bryan Cox laying out Jerome Pathon because of what that hit and game meant with the Patriots at 0-2, Bledsoe-less, left for dead and the 2-0 Colts coming off a 13-3 season, two blowout victories and being declared the next big thing.

Favorite moment: Bruschi on a rant about Polian changing the rules. After the 2004-2005 playoff game.

Future favorite: The day Brady hoisted his fourth Lombardi in the dome in Indy, the same year the Colts tanked to 0-16, cementing their standing as quitters and leaving a long-lasting scar on the franchise, which was forced to move to Jacksonville three years later.

Week 3 of the 2001 season when Bryan Cox destroyed Jerome Pathon, that was the turning point for the Patriots organization.

BRAVO! My friend!

Few fans understand that THAT moment was the turning point in the terms of bringing the Patriots to the level of "Dynasty". I stand by the fact that when Cox made that hit, it shook the life into the entire team. The D became a squad that looked to outdo that hit, and play better than the guy next to them, to play harder, stronger and faster...

It happened early in that game. The Patriots were heavy underdogs, it was Brady's first win. David Patten had a TD running, passing and catching...I think he might've even punted a TD at one point...

But everything we are today...started with that hit. I think if you asked Belichick, he would echo some of that as well....

I applaud you Willie55!

Someone needs to find that video!

here is a nice writeup on that moment:

http://bostonbrat.net/2007/11/02/patriots-colts-retrospective-the-hit-that-changed-it-all/

Last edited:
After the 2003 AFCC
BB: I'm glad we have you
Choked up Rodney Harrison: Thanks for believing in me, no one else did

So many others that were awesome and more relevant to the rivalry, but that was one of my favorite football moments period

Bruschi's rant after the 2004 divisional playoffs is definitely up there

Future favorite: The day Brady hoisted his fourth Lombardi in the dome in Indy, the same year the Colts tanked to 0-16, cementing their standing as quitters and leaving a long-lasting scar on the franchise, which was forced to move to London three years later.

Jacksonville is going to lose a team and never get it back.

Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Antonio, and London would the the contenders, I would think

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News