PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favorite Colts/Pats rivalry moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
BRAVO! My friend!

Few fans understand that THAT moment was the turning point in the terms of bringing the Patriots to the level of "Dynasty". I stand by the fact that when Cox made that hit, it shook the life into the entire team. The D became a squad that looked to outdo that hit, and play better than the guy next to them, to play harder, stronger and faster...

It happened early in that game. The Patriots were heavy underdogs, it was Brady's first win. David Patten had a TD running, passing and catching...I think he might've even punted a TD at one point...

But everything we are today...started with that hit. I think if you asked Belichick, he would echo some of that as well....

I applaud you Willie55!

Someone needs to find that video!

here is a nice writeup on that moment:

Patriots-Colts Retrospective: The hit that changed it all | Boston Brat

Totally agree and nice find on the article.

This was the first moment I thought of and a close second was Willie off the edge on the goal line to end the game is a pretty memorable moment for me.

The game was written in this article all Pats fan should enjoy. The game is #8 on their list.

http://18to88.com/fixtures/2009/thetentoughestindianapoliscoltslossesofalltime.html

Last edited:
Totally agree and nice find on the article.

This was the first moment I thought of and a close second was Willie off the edge on the goal line to end the game is a pretty memorable moment for me.

The game was written in this article all Pats fan should enjoy. The game is #8 on their list.

The 18 Toughest Indianapolis Colts Losses of All Time (Updated 2/14/11)

Side note on your link:
ugghhh...the colts suck so bad they made a list of the 18 worst losses and somehow don't have Peyton Manning's injury as #1?

dorks

I know this wasn't a playoff game by McGuiness stuffing Edge James with seconds left in game was most memorable. In playoffs,was Ty Law INT of manning on several occasions!

Ok, the Pats/Colts rilvary has gone on for a while now and there are a lot of memorable moments. I was trying to think which one is my favorite. The obvious choice is probably that 4th and 1 goalline stand where Washington and McGinest stuffed Edgerrine James.

But I have to agree with Jeffri Chadiha (wow, I never ever thought I would ever write that one). I think Bruschi stripping Domanick Rhodes in the playoffs in 2004 was my favorite. It just so defined the Patriots of 2003 and 2004. We just outmuscled out opponents.

Other moments that I can think of are McGinest's sack of Manning to put Mr. "Money" Vanderjagt out of field goal range and any one of Law's INTs in the 2003 AFCCG.

Ok, the Pats/Colts rilvary has gone on for a while now and there are a lot of memorable moments. I was trying to think which one is my favorite. The obvious choice is probably that 4th and 1 goalline stand where Washington and McGinest stuffed Edgerrine James.

But I have to agree with Jeffri Chadiha (wow, I never ever thought I would ever write that one). I think Bruschi stripping Domanick Rhodes in the playoffs in 2004 was my favorite. It just so defined the Patriots of 2003 and 2004. We just outmuscled out opponents.

Other moments that I can think of are McGinest's sack of Manning to put Mr. "Money" Vanderjagt out of field goal range and any one of Law's INTs in the 2003 AFCCG.

Not only was Bruschi's strip my favorite rivalry moment - it is probably my favorite Patriot's play of all time

I really liked James Sanders game sealing interception, which was last season. If i remember correctly the colts scored, stuffed us, and were driving in our territory for the game winning td. Sanders wanted none of that and got the game winning pick. As BB says "just do your job" and he did it at a crucial moment. Makes me sad to this day that we cut him, he was a leader.

I definitely agree the moments listed here are iconic, but mine is different.

Mine is 2007. We're trying to seal the win on a hard fought game to stay undefeated. We need a first down. Tom throws it to Wes who catches it for a first. Welker then screams "YOU F*CKING SUCK!!!" to whomever was defending him. You could clearly hear him. God, I loved that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back