PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Faulk back on the roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping to have him back for at least one more year. This is awesome news.....

How many active running backs are they allowed to have for a game? How exactly did they plan to use a BJGE, Woodhead, Ridley, Vereen in the first place? Now Morris and Faulk? What is the thought process for this. I don't get it.

Last edited:
How many active running backs are they allow to have for a game? How exactly did they plan to use a BJGE, Woodhead, Ridley, Vereen in the first place? Now Morris and Faulk? What is the thought process for this. I don't get it.

1. Reps in training camp. You don't want to wear these guys out before week 1.

2. Reps in pre season games.

3. Injury insurance at the rb position.

4. Blitz protection. Think about it, do you want Vareen or Ridley in there trying to stop a blitzing MLB coming full bore for TB12 in the pre season if they are not 100% ready to do so? We could be seeing a lot of Hoyer if that were the case.

1. Reps in training camp. You don't want to wear these guys out before week 1.

2. Reps in pre season games.

3. Injury insurance at the rb position.

4. Blitz protection. Think about it, do you want Vareen or Ridley in there trying to stop a blitzing MLB coming full bore for TB12 in the pre season if they are not 100% ready to do so? We could be seeing a lot of Hoyer if that were the case.
What about the regular season? Ever since the draft I've been perplexed, trying to think about how 4 RBs are going to be implemented. So they all have specific roles, which means they'll be seeing limited game time, which means they won't get a chance to get hot. Maybe 1-2 of them may be inactive for a lot of games, 2 guys are high draft picks, the other two had amazing production last year, and then you include 1 or the vets. sigh.

Faulk will likely be back if nothing more than a mentor father like figure to Ridley and Vereen.

Much like Crumpler was last season.

Don't expect to see Faulk as much as usual though..I expect Ridley to get much of those downs.

What about the regular season? Ever since the draft I've been perplexed, trying to think about how 4 RBs are going to be implemented. So they all have specific roles, which means they'll be seeing limited game time, which means they won't get a chance to get hot. Maybe 1-2 of them may be inactive for a lot of games, 2 guys are high draft picks, the other two had amazing production last year, and then you include 1 or the vets. sigh.

You cross that bridge in six weeks or so. For now look at it from a camp perspective. You give them time to prove who can do what.

Last edited:
I' ll take a 60 yo, injury plagued Kevin Faulk over Ridley Vareen and Morris every day .

And now there are EIGHT running backs. Let's not forget Clayton and Kettani.

Seriously, a month or so ago most thought that four running backs is PLENTY. After all, we brought in two rookies to replace the three oldest running backs in the nfl.

There is no need to have more than 3 running backs active for a game, unless one is a returner or a top special teamer.

QUOTE=EJ Blitz;2607144]How many active running backs are they allowed to have for a game? How exactly did they plan to use a BJGE, Woodhead, Ridley, Vereen in the first place? Now Morris and Faulk? What is the thought process for this. I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
That is great news!!! I really hope he returns! I would like to see him retired a patriot. And he would be a great mentor to the other RBs on the roster :D

And now there are EIGHT running backs. Let's not forget Clayton and Kettani.

Seriously, a month or so ago most thought that four running backs is PLENTY. After all, we brought in two rookies to replace the three oldest running backs in the nfl.

There is no need to have more than 3 running backs active for a game, unless one is a returner or a top special teamer.

QUOTE=EJ Blitz;2607144]How many active running backs are they allowed to have for a game? How exactly did they plan to use a BJGE, Woodhead, Ridley, Vereen in the first place? Now Morris and Faulk? What is the thought process for this. I don't get it.

I wouldn't mind seeing one more (Ricky Willams, for example) brought in, although BB is seeing the rookies live on the field now, and he may feel comfortable enough with them at the moment.

Last edited:
There just so many camp and preseason reps to go around.

I wouldn't mind seeing one more brought in, although BB is seeing the rookies and may feel comfortable enough with them at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Get him in camp, into shape and test that knee. I'm pretty sure they will cut him prior to the first game so his money isnt guaranteed but bring him back during the season. The bottom of the roster continues to morph into the season and we have to remember this is tackle football, chances are we lose a RB, a WR and a DB for the year before game 1. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back