PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Family Section Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat in the "family" section once, completely different experience than sitting with everyone else, did not feel as though I was at Gillette.. do not be surprised if someone calls security on you..

why do you want to sit there??

Yikes...its that bad huh? This is the feedback I'm looking for...can anybody else give me some advice from experience...if its like this I might just sell them and look for somewhere else...THANKS!

Sat in the family section once. Oddly enough there was a beer kiosk close by, however when it came time to use the rest room had to go down a level as they have employees stationed at the "family" restrooms and weren't allowing any adults in unless you were with a child or children.

Last edited:
Just bought some tickets for the opener in one of the family sections...how tough is it to sneak alcohol in and mix? Im not worried about the security...more so about the ratting families....Anybody?

NOT a good idea. That section is very closely watched thru video as well as security. There will be no tolerence at all and you will lose your tickets as well as having a chance for a free stay at Foxboro PD. With ticket prices the way they are alot of familes scrimp to take thier kids to see a game once in a while. Give them a break and respect thier wishes. We have all seen some nasty crap go down at one time or another there and I would't want my kids seeing that either. There's a reason for that area. Think about it!:mad:

Here's the thing. If you can handle drinking at your tailgate, having a few in the concourse, and all the while not acting like a drunk obnoxious fool in the seats you should be fine.

While my seats are not located in the family section there are plenty of families around me. I like to drink quite a bit but I still manage not to ruin anyone day around me. It's all about being able to handle your booze. Act like you've drank before and you will be fine.

Here's the thing. If you can handle drinking at your tailgate, having a few in the concourse, and all the while not acting like a drunk obnoxious fool in the seats you should be fine.

While my seats are not located in the family section there are plenty of families around me. I like to drink quite a bit but I still manage not to ruin anyone day around me. It's all about being able to handle your booze. Act like you've drank before and you will be fine.

If thats the case I think my buddies and I are better suited elsewhere...I just recently bought they tickets on ebay, so as soon as I can gaurentee myself some second level tickets for a similar price they will be going back on ebay...PM if anyone is interested.

Just bought some tickets for the opener in one of the family sections...how tough is it to sneak alcohol in and mix? Im not worried about the security...more so about the ratting families....Anybody?

Since it's the opener you can get there nice and early and drink in the parking lot where the real fans drink, then watch the game without interruption or worry that you will be tossed. While I have never sat in the family section, security at Gillette is quick to toss troublemakers upon complaint. Since those around you have bought tickets expecting there will be no drunks sitting next to their little ones, sneaking in alcohol is just setting yourself up for a couple of complaints and a nice early exit. Why risk it?

Yikes...its that bad huh? This is the feedback I'm looking for...can anybody else give me some advice from experience...if its like this I might just sell them and look for somewhere else...THANKS!

Have sat in a lot of places at Gillette.. the family section is a surreal experience, when I was there it was filled with families who seemed to have been given tickets and had absolutely no interest in the Pats game, this will be a nice experience for father son, mother son etc. .. felt as though I was in church.

Since it's the opener you can get there nice and early and drink in the parking lot where the real fans drink, then watch the game without interruption or worry that you will be tossed.

That might not work. My understanding is it not just no drinking, but no drunks. So if you have been tailgating for 4 hours you might get tossed anyway when you stagger into the section reeking like a brewery.

Last edited:

Before i even read another post in this thread....

Please... tell me you are either fishing or joking. :nooo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft