PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fabini to Dallas (rejecting Patriots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken littles..running about..

Waste of space.

mikey said:
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/sports/index.html

Both Fabini and Townsend rejected our overtures.

Not only are we losing our players, other FA's are reluctant to join our team.

Are we losing our "aura"?

Just asking. :D

My guess the money was simply better in Dallas. Besides, Fabini? I think they'll somehow survive this "loss".

i am not devasted as they did not signed with us...

I like Fabini but think at this point, for the Patriots, he's part of an OL rotation - not a starter. Dallas (and Bledsoe) really need all the protection help they can get so its understandable they offered him starter money.

It would have been a coup to have him sign here as a backup - so its no big thing to me.

well

I understand the "perception is reality" mantra, but you also have to remember that this has been the "perception" for years; just not to this extent (losing willie, givens, mabey troy, and especially the possible departure of AV) However the fact still remains that this is how it has been in the past, and all of these "perceptions" let to a couple rings! Let's all remember that that is the bottom line!

:trolls: Mikey is just doing his Jeckle and Hyde routine.

The Patriots rewarded and extended Vrabel, Light, Pioli, Brady, Dillon and a couple of others last year. Did FA's PERCEIVE this as loyal?

Box_O_Rocks said:
:trolls: Mikey is just doing his Jeckle and Hyde routine.

I believe you meant Jekyll. :)

mikey said:
I believe you meant Jekyll. :)

Actually Dr., my Freudian serendipity was closer to the mark if you remember your cartoon crows.... :D

Box_O_Rocks said:
Actually Dr., my Freudian serendipity was closer to the mark if you remember your cartoon crows.... :D
:rofl: :rofl:

hekljekl.jpg

mikey said:
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/sports/index.html

Both Fabini and Townsend rejected our overtures.

Not only are we losing our players, other FA's are reluctant to join our team.

Are we losing our "aura"?

Just asking. :D

Townsend got more than what the Patriots were offering and so did Fabini. Not big loss there no matter what NEMSKULL would have us believe.

Right - it's all about the money, when the price is right, they sign here - period. Then they say how much they desire to win a championship and is why they chose to come here.

Money talks, BS walks, Fabini sux anyway and Townsend didn't thrill me.

Yet, another thread implying that the Patriots organization is falling apart.

Makes me yearn for the good old days of Victor Kiam and **** McPhearson.:eek:

WhatHaveDoneLately230x150.jpg

Last edited:
We're not devastated, but I wanted Fabini! Didn't anyone else? It's tough having to be the highest bidder to win a free agent. The system is designed so that usually the dumbest team wins the guy.

shakadave said:
We're not devastated, but I wanted Fabini! Didn't anyone else?
The only people I saw drooling over the Patriots signing Fabini were the good people on this site. No thanks.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
The only people I saw drooling over the Patriots signing Fabini were the good people on this site. No thanks.

You mean Frank Moga III???

Seriously...I'm sure many Free agents are wary of the playing situation here. You're talking about 2nd tier guys who want to look good to earn more. The way we spread the ball around these guys don't stand a chance of looking great...good maybe and great no way.

Also...with 4 picks in the 1st 3 rounds and 6 picks in the 1st 4 rounds a decent player may be fighting to be the 4th or 5th receiver and they may have a problem with that.

"Perception is reality" and the perception they see of us now is that we do not care for our players enough to keep them. "Loyalty" should work both ways, and Patriots lmanagement is showing a lack of the loyalty , so far, this season.

Ok, I'm trying to figure this out.

Last I heard every team has a 53 man roster. So the Patriots can be lambasted for not over-paying some FA to come to them to fill one of the limited roster spaces and they then have NO LOYALTY.

Yet some other team is paying (over-paying) Fabini to come to them. Well Dallas doesnt have more roster spaces than we do. So they must have let somebody go in order to free up space.

But somehow Dallas is more loyal to their players than Patriots are?????

Patriots have a larger core of players who have been together longer than almost any other team I can think of. (maybe you can argue the Dolts but they just lost the Edge and they stole him originally anyway).

In almost every case vets are made an honest offer before they leave (milloy, law, andruzzi, etc) for the bigger payday. Sometimes you just have to face it; value is relative. veteran poor teams will pay extra for that extra something a vet brings to the table; a vet rich team (Patriots) cant match each and every offer ( and NEVER SHOULD).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News