PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Explosive New Hernandez Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you, I have not kept up with it . . . so then it is still possible that ABC is correct and the police have not acted on executing the warrant . . .

That is correct but as you know, if the arrest warrant on obstruction of justice is indeed drafted, then they could still serve it to him. At this point, unless they find something incriminating that ties Aaron to the murder by helping cover it up, then it will be utilized for other means to gain the needed evidence on who murdered Mr. Lloyd.

All the lawyer said was that there are rumors everywhere and let the process happen. It says nothing about innocence or guilt. This isn't SVU or CSI. This is real life **** folks. It's national and they're going to dot their i's and cross their t's. Either way, anything short of a murder conviction that includes BB, Kraft, and Brady, someone is going to scream cover up.

I will be surprised if Hernandez is completely innocent and none of the obstruction stuff happened though. That would really be a major media f'up.

Because a criminal clerk in North Attleboro said one hadn't been signed.

According to the press, right? Can't pick and choose what they are getting right and what they are getting wrong.

I think the truth is most likely somewhere in between. The police probably were at some point considering arresting Hernandez for obstruction, whether by warrant or otherwise. A source or two gave that information before the police got a lid on press leaks, and the reporters went off half-baked, either misunderstanding or making assumptions.

I should probably shut up, because the last thing any of us needs is more idle speculation, but to me, if it's the case that the police were considering an obstruction arrest, but decided to table it while they did more investigation of the murder, including a search of AH's house, it's a bad fact not a good one.

To sum up what we know:

1) A murder victim was found near Hernandez's house. There seems to be good evidence that Hernandez at least knew the victim. There may be a more serious connection in terms of whether they were together close in time to the murder, but this is unclear.

2) Hernandez as of this moment has not been arrested. Good fact. There are lots of reasons why this could be the case and he could still ultimately be charged with a serious crime. But, every day that goes by is good for him.

3) A search warrant was executed at his house, and the police removed lots of evidence, which suggests strongly the warrant was issued to look for evidence of a crime more serious than obstruction. This is a bad fact. No two ways around it. One can make up imaginary ways this is not a bad fact, but it's certainly not a good one.

4) There likely was a destruction of potential evidence. By whom, and why, and what exactly happened is unclear, but the early reporting on this looks solid enough that I believe it more likely than not is true. Without knowing more, there not much to say. It's a probable bad fact, but it requires too much speculation to put it in the same category as 1-3.

5) The police have executed other search warrants related to the murder. Without knowing more, this is a neutral fact.

6) There was something that led the press to go with a story suggesting the police had probable cause to believe Hernandez had engaged in the crime of obstruction. This one is too tenuous to draw any conclusions at this point, although above I gave my entirely uninformed rank speculation that this could be bad.

Other than that, all the rest -- at least in my opinion -- is noise.

I really hope the police already have possession of and have tested all of Hernadez guns because a real worst case scenario would be one where they are searching for the gun that committed the crime and it ends up belonging to him. It wouldn't necessarily make him the one who pulled the trigger but it would definitely ramp up the extent of his legal problems.

According to the press, right?...

It's not just the press. There's no warrant on the database. There's also this, from Hernandez' attorney:

“These include the repeated publication of a supposedly confirmed report that an arrest warrant had been issued for Aaron, a report that was exposed as untrue,” Fee said.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/06/24/outside-aaron-herandez-north-attleborough-home-media-vigil-continues-today/u9U90AFRt4giVxoDZiOTIJ/story.html

I know but you are still assuming . . . there are three parts to the process

1) Application for a Warrant
2) Approval by the Court
3) Execution of the Warrant

The fact that #3 has not happened 4 days after 1 and 2 are supposed to have happened, does not mean that 1 and 2 did not occur four days ago . . .

Yes I see the implication, but if 1 and 2 are a fact and do exist and have so since Friday and the police have held on #3 is no fault of ABC . . . how is ABC going to know the police are not going to execute the warrant right way . . .

it is an unlikely occurrence but it does not mean it did not happen, time will tell . . .

Originally ABC and most other news agencies reported that #1 and #2 had happened and that #3 was about to happen. Then it was reported that #2 certainly had not happened as county clerk denied it. The ABC and other reports were then changed last week to reflect that a warrant has been filled out and not filed. So now they are basically saying that it is only step #1. What was originally reported is that they were going to do number #3. They were wrong because #3 didn't happen. Step #1 is meaningless as it could mean that they have nothing and are just posturing, that they have a clear cut case but are just a couple of steps away from an even larger charge but are waiting or anything in between. They may have as well as reported that the police are working on the case.

I didn't think it would come down to the possibility of this investigation to go anywhere near the beginning of Training Camp ....not I am not so sure now as training camp is not far away.

If that happens and they still have not completed the investigation then the Patriots have a lot to think about regarding Aaron's participating in practices.

I don't see this lingering 3 weeks or more but it has happened before.

There is no such thing as a "criminal clerk". It is called a "Clerk of Court" and the "Clerk of Court" would have no idea on when a search warrant or an arrest warrant has been prepared, drafted or signed by a judge until it is filed with the Clerk of Court's office and after a judge has signed it.

The Clerk of Court would be the wrong source on when a search or arrest warrant has been prepared or being reviewed by the court magistrate as well.

I didn't think it would come down to the possibility of this investigation to go anywhere near the beginning of Training Camp ....not I am not so sure now as training camp is not far away.

If that happens and they still have not completed the investigation then the Patriots have a lot to think about regarding Aaron's participating in practices.

I don't see this lingering 3 weeks or more but it has happened before.

Why couldn't it take more than 3 weeks? Vick was finally charged 3 months after they searched his farm and found the dogs. The legal system has no ties to the media news cycle or to Patriots training camp schedule. There are no obvious exigent circumstances requiring AH to be charged. I doubt the cops can make a case to the DA and judge that "If he's free he'll kill again!"

Why couldn't it take more than 3 weeks? Vick was finally charged 3 months after they searched his farm and found the dogs. The legal system has no ties to the media news cycle or to Patriots training camp schedule. There are no obvious exigent circumstances requiring AH to be charged. I doubt the cops can make a case to the DA and judge that "If he's free he'll kill again!"

There is a chance that Hernandez goes the entire season without being charged or suspended. The police could take their time building a case especially if evidence is scarce. And Goodell could wait for the investigation process to end before making a judgement.

I am not betting on either. In fact, I would be against both. But it is a possibility that one or both could happen.

There is no such thing as a "criminal clerk". It is called a "Clerk of Court" and the "Clerk of Court" would have no idea on when a search warrant or an arrest warrant has been prepared, drafted or signed by a judge until it is filed with the Clerk of Court's office and after a judge has signed it.

The Clerk of Court would be the wrong source on when a search or arrest warrant has been prepared or being reviewed by the court magistrate as well.

so...YOU are calling Ian Rapoport a moron and/or a liar?

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet

Spoke to the clerk at Attleboro District Court. She told me no arrest warrant was filed for Aaron Hernandez. One may come. But it hasn't yet
10:26 AM - 21 Jun 2013

Tell us, Agent 010405..thrill us with your acumen...who IS the proper source?

A warrant that is unsigned is useless. That and $1.00 will get you a news stand copy of the Boston Herald with Ron Borges' football column - also useless.

so...YOU are calling Ian Rapoport a moron and/or a liar?

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet

Spoke to the clerk at Attleboro District Court. She told me no arrest warrant was filed for Aaron Hernandez. One may come. But it hasn't yet
10:26 AM - 21 Jun 2013

Tell us, Agent 010405..thrill us with your acumen...who IS the proper source?

I am calling no one a moron or a liar.

Attleboro District Court Division of the Massachusetts Court System

There is a clerk of court for the Magistrate and there is a clerk of court for the presiding judge that is on schedule for district business. The clerk of court for the Magistrate tends to most, if not all of the day-to-day business, which includes warrants and they receive and either approve or disapprove warrants based on the content of that warrant.

Are you done being a smart ass yet or are you going to continue being a smart ass?

Oh and by the way, it is not a she. It is a "he" and his name is Mark Sturdy. His assistant clerk of court is Nancy Clarke and she would not know if a warrant was in the possession of the magistrate or the presiding judge that was on the court's schedule until after it was signed and filed with the clerks' office.

a couple of possibilities here

the most likely is that someone mentioned 'search warrant' or referred to a warrant in some way and one of the dodo birds in media assumed arrest warrant, started to blab it that way and the rest followed suit.

the other is that someone tried to get an arrest warrant, but the judge told them what they need to get it and to date they have not got what they need.

what the hell are you ranting about??? I'm not the one saying all these idiotic things YOU ARE.
I didn't say he, she, him, them or anything else you unbelievably obtuse MORON. That is a tweet from Ian Rapoport ,you complete dunce.

Are YOU calling HIM a liar...simple question...don't attack me... answer the question, troll.

and BTW, you can stop talking down your bony nose about what we don't know here in NE.You've been consistently trolling this board with your hatred agenda since thisstory broke.

You are assuming this. He could have already been a drug user and associating with gangs long before his father died. He might have been a very different person at school and out of school.

All these reports talk about Hernandez the student athlete, not Aaron Hernandez the teenager. We hear about his commitment and dedication to sports, but we don't hear about what he did in the offseason and away from school.

I can speak for personal experiences in my high school that some of the most dedicated athletes at my school were also among the biggest coke heads at my school. But if you were looking at them from a teacher's or coach's POV, they were the model students that they wished their own kids were like.

Point is that the Aaron Hernandez these coaches saw may not be the real Aaron Hernandez. Or at least the Aaron Hernandez outside of school. I bet there are plenty of people in the Pats' organization who see Hernandez on a daily basis who didn't know the type of people he was caught up with outside of the stadium.

Hernandez could have gone down hill quickly after his father died, but I tend to doubt it. From most reports he wasn't a bad guy just his friends. That tells me that these guys may be lifelong friends who took a different path and Hernandez never cut them loose.

Nothing I write is going to make a difference but his own brother was clear that something had changed and that there was a difference.

what the hell are you ranting about??? I'm not the one saying all these idiotic things YOU ARE.
I didn't say he, she, him, them or anything else you unbelievably obtuse MORON. That is a tweet from Ian Rapoport ,you complete dunce.

Are YOU calling HIM a liar...simple question...don't attack me... answer the question, troll.

and BTW, you can stop talking down your bony nose about what we don't know here in NE.You've been consistently trolling this board with your hatred agenda since thisstory broke.

Boy - you are about as dumb as a box of rocks aren't you? Why don't you read all of my posts before you continue and what I have said has been very clear.

Unfortunately, it is becoming equally clear that you don't know how to read.

belicheck010405
Third String But Playing on Special Teams

My Mood: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to belicheck010405

Default Re: Explosive New Hernandez Details
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC00 View Post

Who IS the source then? You KNOW there is a source for a FACT???? Show this board ONE shred of evidence from an OFFICIAL SOURCE. You can't because it doesn't exist. You are pinning your whole hater screed on what news outlets erroneously reported from unnamed "sources". Stop trolling, and stop hating on Patriots fans.

It was Mark Sturdy that said no warrant.
Hernandez returns home, 3 search warrants issued | Boston Herald

So I'm guessing he would be a person in the know if one was issued.,

There is a difference between a warrant being "issued" and a warrant being "prepared". Once the warrant is prepared, law enforcement can bring it to the magistrate (not the clerk for the magistrate) for it to be approved and then served either in person or by proxy (to an attorney) or by mail.

You guys use this term "issued" like that is suppose to mean something.

There is no such legal definition as a warrant being issued. It is a common term that reporters use.

The same goes for a warrant being "executed". It is another common term that has no direct meaning to a warrant being prepared or served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick