PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN First Take, Scoreboard mishap:mistake or cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
players and teams are supposed to go by the yard markers, not the scoreboard

the ravens organization failed at attention to detail

it should have never even gotten to the FG, but evans lacked the attention to detail to complete the play.

the scoreboard was wrong, big deal......the ravens had everything at their disposal to execute the play the way they needed to....it was a 32 yarder ferchrissakes.

the pats also cheated because their fans were loud

the pats also cheated because their home field is in foxboro and not baltimore

all 4 of the ravens losses were to non-playoff teams......all they had to do was win one of them and this game would have been in baltimore

they screwed the pooch in every regard......efff them

Look, it's really very simple. If the kicker is rushing out there, for whatever reason, and you have a time out you use it!
How many times has Brady let the clock run down to call a TO for a FG?

Its not rocket surgery.

Re: Skip Bayless says he's 'suspicious" about scoreboard mistake

Why do you think everyone from Michigan hates the Patriots and is pulling for the Giants?

Whoa wait. Everyone? TB went to Michigan, right? They should be rooting for him.

How is this even a thing the ravens had a timeout?

OH WHAT DOWN IS IT............I DONT KNOW.........OH THERES 2 seconds on the play clock............KICK THE FIELD GOAL DONT USE THE TIME OUT............

god people are stupid :bricks:

How is this even a thing the ravens had a timeout?

OH WHAT DOWN IS IT............I DONT KNOW.........OH THERES 2 seconds on the play clock............KICK THE FIELD GOAL DONT USE THE TIME OUT............

god people are stupid :bricks:

I bet the score board had the wrong number of timeouts listed too. All part of the conspericy.

Parker is a NYer and a big jets fan.

Whoa wait. Everyone? TB went to Michigan, right? They should be rooting for him.

Brady was a second thought at UM. They use to chant "start Henson" when he played. That being said, not everyone is UM fans and the vast majority of people are tired of the Patriots. Steelers are no different. Even though the Lions are in the same division as the Packers - they were all cheering for Green Bay last year.

Last edited:
The Baltimore coaches knew the down and were calling for Cundiff, the first story that came out was the coaches were yelling for him and he either didnt hear them or is deaf, they knew what was going on and all they had to do was call a timeout, its on them for being stupid. This whole scoreboard thing is just a piss poor excuse because they cant lose like men regardless of what Ray Lewis says.

My Raven hate quadrupled after this game.

Losers.

Are the scoreboards in the NFL for public information only and not official in terms of down etc like in some (all?) sports over here?

ESPN would have caused a right stink over a scoreboard mishap that happened in a Rugby game I was at the other year.

The scoreboard said there were 2 minutes left in the game...but the timekeeper signaled the end of the game when the losing team were in the red zone. That nearly caused a riot until some poor security man had to stand up in front of the fans and explain what happened :p

If the Patriots did that ESPN would be calling for them to be kicked out of the league!

Last edited:
I read that too. It's incorrect though. Scoreboards are run by the home team. But, so what?
If the score board was run by the NFL it would be case closed and Payless would look dumber than he already does.

How many times has Brady let the clock run down to call a TO for a FG?

Its not rocket surgery.
What is "rocket surgery?" Is it close to "brain science?"

It's ESPN. Par for the course for them. They live for controversies (either real or fabricated) and scandals to cover. I used to not understand the ESPN hate here at first but as this season progressed they started annoying me more and more with their incessant focus on a certain things that they deem worthy of shoving down our throats. Now I totally get it. I almost can't watch them anymore.

I mean, for cripes sake, even the players hardly made much of this and Harbaugh himself essentially said this is a non-story.

But try telling that to ESPN, apparently.

Of course, if this pseudo-"scandal" involved any team other than the Patriots, this story would be dead as a doornail by now.

What in the world are you talking about ESPN hates the Pats?!?! They love every Boston team. They are located in Bristol and a third of the anchors on Sportscenter are Boston die hards, and another third are Ex Boston players! Wow...

Skip is a moron though. So is Steven A Smith, Colin Cowherd (Who is a huge Pats fan), and many many others. I try to stay on NFL network and MLB network.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Being in Bristol makes them Yankees supporters. They don't love Boston and they do everything in their power to denigrate Boston Sports..

Skip Baseless

amirite

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes