PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN First Take, Scoreboard mishap:mistake or cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do any of you care? The head coach of the other team called it a non-issue.

Move on.

How come no one has investigated that old guy from Buffalo Wild Wings down in the irrigation room??? He clearly has to be capable of pulling of this type of shenanigan....:D

Look, it's really very simple. If the kicker is rushing out there, for whatever reason, and you have a time out you use it!

Re: Skip Bayless says he's 'suspicious" about scoreboard mistake

So let's get this chain of events correct according to Skip and other who said the Pats did this one purpose.

Ravens player fumbles the ball out of bounds. BB calls up to the booth while at the same time calling defensive plays with the game on the line and tells them to give the Ravens a first down. Lee Evans drops a surefire TD pass. BB calls upstairs to make sure that the scoreboard, that he knows the Ravens kicker is looking at (using his mind-reading skills, apparently), reads third down even though there are plenty of other indicators on the field of what the correct down and distance it was.

Actually, skip make sure to say that he didnt thinkg BB called up to the booth, and that idea was crazy..but again, just ignore facts.

I used to think Bayless was the only reasonable person on First Take. Not anymore. This discussion about the kick is ridiculous and Bayless is acting like an idiot trying to make something out of nothing.

When and why did you think that Skip Bayless was reasonable? He's the same mountain out of a molehill contrarian I've always known him to be.

Why are you listening / watching ESPN? They hate this team.

What in the world are you talking about ESPN hates the Pats?!?! They love every Boston team. They are located in Bristol and a third of the anchors on Sportscenter are Boston die hards, and another third are Ex Boston players! Wow...

Skip is a moron though. So is Steven A Smith, Colin Cowherd (Who is a huge Pats fan), and many many others. I try to stay on NFL network and MLB network.

Last edited:
cheatriots gonna cheat!!!1 This team has probably been cheating the whole time.

My first thought when I saw Skip's name was, Who cares? It's Skip "Tebow" Bayless for crying out loud!

Many years ago on the Rome is burning show (I think it was 2003), Skip actually said that Anthony Wright (then QB for the Baltimore Ravens) was a better QB than Brady. Rome actually tore into him but he wouldn't Skip wasn't backing off.

That is the day I tuned out Bayless.

Last edited:

Skip, be an analyst, don't be a douchebag.

BSPN is split down the middle. I used to abuse my XM radio by listening to ESPN on it. My schedule only allowed for late night listening, so I was exposed mostly to Jason Smith who is the most redonkulous Jest fan on the planet. During the 2007 season, that, along with ESPN breaking every story trying to tear down the Pats (Moss issues, Walsh, Specter), completely turned me off to ESPN unless the World Cup is on. Not that they're different from any other media outlet, but it is what it is.

lol they are back at it, the fat guy who said BAL was going to handle us is now calling the win fishy, and Parker is salivating at it all.

PATS ARE TAINTED, BRADY IS OVERRATED, WAAH, MY NY has 20 teams and BOS wins more WAH.

I thought i read that the NFL ran the score board's

When and why did you think that Skip Bayless was reasonable? He's the same mountain out of a molehill contrarian I've always known him to be.

Hes being very reasonable in this discussion, the former player on the show thinks the Pats cheat, they're in the heads of other players apparently, he said the Pats come out in the second half and play with much more precision and insinuates its something nefarious, Skips says its because BB is a better coach.

ESPN are a bunch of Patriot haters. All i've been hearing from them since sunday night is how the Ravens should be in the Superbowl, yet they fail to mention the Ravens only got back in the game on a TD that should have been pulled back with a personal foul. Liberal minded sports journalists with a national audience who aren't from Massachusetts or New England just seem to hate the Patriots and always will.

Maybe we need a dog killer or a murderer on our team to get some respect.

This is why I can only watch New England Tailgate without getting angry.

It's really unbelievable to me that people start threads to complain about television. People can't be this stupid, especially when it's pointed out time and time again that it's not real and they have to say controversial s--t to get people to watch. The only thing you can do to support them is to keep starting threads about it. Why are you helping them to lower the bar?

Look........ Can we elevate this to "official" controversy status yet? I think all we need to do is have a name for it.

Scoreboard-gate............

I'm not sure that has quite the "oomph" we're looking for here. Just not sexy enough IMO.

Chris Berman likes the Pats.

The whole ESPN hates the Pats is such bull. People just need to get thicker skin. God forbid anyone has a negative opinion on the Pats.

What in the world are you talking about ESPN hates the Pats?!?! They love every Boston team. They are located in Bristol and a third of the anchors on Sportscenter are Boston die hards, and another third are Ex Boston players! Wow...

Skip is a moron though. So is Steven A Smith, Colin Cowherd (Who is a huge Pats fan), and many many others. I try to stay on NFL network and MLB network.

Thank god someone else sees this. Boston sports fans trying to say ESPN hates the Patriots is the most ridiculous crap ever. They love Boston. Why do you think everyone from Michigan hates the Patriots and is pulling for the Giants? Because ESPN is a Patriots/Boston slurpfest. The whole country sees it, that's why they hate us. The other board I post on can't stand any Boston sport team for that matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft