PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN fires Jason Whitlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been a Bengal hater too since we beat the 9-0 Chiefs in 2003. He actually wrote before this season that we would be lucky to win three games.

drew4008 said:
I liked him. And all of you are WAY too sensitive on the race card. We need some ppl in the media to say it as it is

couldnt agree more.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
It doesn't seem like many of the opinions here are well informed. Some here even bash Whitlock then admit to not reading his work.
LOL... very true

Brady'sButtBoy said:
It doesn't seem like many of the opinions here are well informed. Some here even bash Whitlock then admit to not reading his work. Somehow people have been indoctrinated to disfavor anyone that regularly mentions race issues in his writing. That's kind of scary....

Since I admitted I only read part of his latest "rebuttal" to the firing, I'll respond. I watch PTI essentially every day. I watch Sports Reporters essentially every week. The first article I ever read (to my knowledge) that Jason Whitlock wrote was last Friday's article that got him fired. When I started to read more of his tripe justifying himself, I decided I had better things to do with my time.

Believe me, it's not that I haven't heard Jason express an opinion; quite the opposite, I've heard him express too many (bad sports) opinions. And I'm not thinking at all about his recently expressed view of the Patriots or of Boston teams in general.

As far as his record on race, he too often ascribes normal reactions to racial prejudice. And never ascribes racial prejudice (that I've observed) to blacks; it's always one-sided. (Of course, he's not alone in that since racial prejudice seems to be a very one-side topic in our society - you have the givers and you have the receivers based on the race you happen to be). Since I very rarely encounter racial prejudice (either in my life or in the lives of those around me), race being a significant factor rarely occurs to me. It wouldn't surprise me if it's more of a factor than I usually give it credit for. However, I'm convinced that it's not nearly as often a factor as Whitlock would make it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back