PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Enough with the homerism - I'm P.O.'d

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I want the best coach in the business to stop doing things that are stupid, unnecessary, cause a distraction, and make him look like some Nixonian paranoid fool.

stupid - do you have evidence? I present 3 SB trophies, against a possible lost draft pick (if that even happens). Fair exchange there.

unnecessary - the Pats have been the best prepped team in the league. Maybe this is part of it.

cause a distraction - right now, this would appear to be perfect thing to rally around. The Pats want to be hated. It's when everyone talks about how great they are that they tend to fail. The whole handshake thing last year really helped them rally in the playoffs for an incredible win over SD.

Nixonian paranoid fool - he's smart, socially inept, very much like Nixon in that he is basically a nerd. Tom Brady had a child out of wedlock. Bill Polian is an A-hole with a temper. They're people, not saints. I'm sure you're free from sin though. Didn't know we had Gerry Falwell back from the grave.

If a 4th round draft choice doesn't change the punishment will be more next time, as it would for Rodney if he is caught again.

Next you will be advocating Denever blocking schemes, breaking guys legs, as long as the punichment doesn't take away our Super Bowl trophies.

stupid - do you have evidence? I present 3 SB trophies, against a possible lost draft pick (if that even happens). Fair exchange there.

unnecessary - the Pats have been the best prepped team in the league. Maybe this is part of it.

cause a distraction - right now, this would appear to be perfect thing to rally around. The Pats want to be hated. It's when everyone talks about how great they are that they tend to fail. The whole handshake thing last year really helped them rally in the playoffs for an incredible win over SD.

Nixonian paranoid fool - he's smart, socially inept, very much like Nixon in that he is basically a nerd. Tom Brady had a child out of wedlock. Bill Polian is an A-hole with a temper. They're people, not saints. I'm sure you're free from sin though. Didn't know we had Gerry Falwell back from the grave.

Best counterpoint I've seen in this entire thread. I hope you're right.

Whatever guys. This isn't a court of law.

Hey, if he was just taking pictures of lovely scenic New Jersey I'll come back here and call myself an idiot ok?

You don't have to wait that long. I for one, and many others, already think
of you as such for this idiotic post. But, continue on, you must like making
an arse out of yourself. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You don't have to wait that long. I for one, and many others, already think
of you as such for this idiotic post. But, continue on, you must like making
an arse out of yourself. :rolleyes:

Instead of relying on you for support I'll focus on the several in this thread that understand my point, and on those who disagree respectfully. Thanks.

I guess I was just a day too early with this thread.

I am really beginning to hate Bill Belichick for being such a screwed-up a--hole.

That's it, we have an asterisk next to our accomplishments now, wonderful.

I think a lot of folks are posting stuff now, in the heat of emotion, that they will wish they had just sat on for a day or so. We haven't heard a word from Bob Kraft yet. Let's get the Patriots side of the story, get a little perspective and then make judgments on people and a team that have brought us a lot of joy.

Let's get the Patriots side of the story, get a little perspective and then make judgments on people and a team that have brought us a lot of joy.

Goodell says the Pats were in violation of League rules.

You have the right to reserve judgment until the Pats release a statement. But what do you think that statement will say?

For the sake of argument lets say that the NFL strips the Pats of a 2nd and 4th round pick next year. The Krafts and/or BB will read a statement that will probably go something like this: "Today the NFL has docked us two draft picks in 2008 due to violations of league rules on Sept. 9th, 2007. We apologize to the Jets organization and our fans for this indiscretion. We look forward to the next 15 games we have left on our schedule". And that's all you're going to get other than BB saying, "I think I made myself clear in the statement I just read. It is what it is. Next question".

I don't know what kind of opinion or judgment you can form based on that scenario.

Two words Bill: PROFESSIONAL HELP.

Three more words IF you pull the whole "it is what it is routine" in your press conferences and don't offer a heartfelt apology: GO F--K YOURSELF.

Two words Bill: PROFESSIONAL HELP.

Three more words IF you pull the whole "it is what it is routine" in your press conferences and don't offer a heartfelt apology: GO F--K YOURSELF.

He'd never say it to a fan, though he has to an ESPN analyst, so I'll say it to you on his behalf: Right back atcha, you neurotic *******.

Goodell says the Pats were in violation of League rules.

You have the right to reserve judgment until the Pats release a statement. But what do you think that statement will say?

For the sake of argument lets say that the NFL strips the Pats of a 2nd and 4th round pick next year. The Krafts and/or BB will read a statement that will probably go something like this: "Today the NFL has docked us two draft picks in 2008 due to violations of league rules on Sept. 9th, 2007. We apologize to the Jets organization and our fans for this indiscretion. We look forward to the next 15 games we have left on our schedule". And that's all you're going to get other than BB saying, "I think I made myself clear in the statement I just read. It is what it is. Next question".

I don't know what kind of opinion or judgment you can form based on that scenario.

Actually, Goodell hasn't said anything. So I really din't know what kind of opinion or judgement one can form based on that scenario.

Actually, Goodell hasn't said anything. So I really din't know what kind of opinion or judgement one can form based on that scenario.

OK Bagdhad Bob. Really, you're gonna stick with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News