PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Enough Angst. I'm 'Going There': Pats Win By 20+ Tomorrow Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deus Irae;2894818 But no Hernandez? Please....[/QUOTE said:
Yes. No Hernandez. His hip was shot. Needed surgery after the season.

No one is saying the Broncos have "no shot". The Jets game last season is example #1 "why they play the games".

If the Patriots win tomorrow, I will be far more worried about the Ravens.

Howver, I look forward to the Patriots pasting the Broncos tomorrow night.

How is that a hard concept to grasp? I trust the Patriots far more with a lead, and I think the score could get out of hand if they start 7-0 early.

Still confused? I hope I don't have to dumb it down any more.

Out of hand based on the facts that
1. Denver has been a scoring juggernaut all year?
2. The patriots have had difficulty scoring all year?
3. The Patriots have had difficulty overcoming early leads?
4. The Patriots went to denver 4 weeks ago and kicked the snot out of the Broncs?
5. Denver scored 3 points in the second half against a Steeler's d missing the entire starting line and their starting safety?
6. Denver will be playing on the road, where they have struggled all year?

On another note, can't has a different meaning than can.

Were you buying it in 2009 or 2010?

LOL. I was going to go back and look at what I was saying and what I predicted last year at this time, but when I thought about it, there is no need to do so, because I am sure I was predicting a blowout win then too. Hey, we've got to be right one of these years, right? Why not this year!!

Go Pats!!

Tebow is 0-1 in games played when under 40, that game was a couple weeks back in Buffalo, when it was around 30 or so and he lost 40-14, it is supposed to be in the low 20's and teens Saturday night. He stated before that game, he had never played with sleeves before, but was practicing with them for that cold weather.

Well, it's snowing to beat the band right now in southern NH. Too bad it wasn't tomorrow night, but it is supposed to be COLD. Bundle up everybody!

Dude, I'm not playing the "moving the goalposts" game. You are the one who noted "occasional" upsets. I noted that it's been more than just occasional. I'm not going around in circles on this.

It's stupid to act as if the Broncos have no shot, given the history of the NFL playoffs in recent years. It's really that simple. People were saying that Denver had no shot against the Steelers, too. Then, when Denver beat the Steelers, it suddenly became "Well, Pittsburgh was injured" and "Well, Pittsburgh had a bad game plan" and "Well, Pittsburgh didn't play well".

Guess what? The Denver team that beat the Steelers team that it couldn't beat, beat the team it couldn't beat. The rest is just noise.

I've moved no goalposts. Go back and read all my posts to you. They are all hitting the same point.

And no where have I said that Denver has no shot. Of course they do, every team does but this doesn't change the expectation that NE should win this game comfortably. Whether they do or not is another matter.

I've moved no goalposts. Go back and read all my posts to you. They are all hitting the same point.

And no where have I said that Denver has no shot. Of course they do, every team does but this doesn't change the expectation that NE should win this game comfortably. Whether they do or not is another matter.

Of course you moved the goalposts. Your post was about one thing then, when I made a counter, you made it about another. As I said, I'm not going to go around in circles on this.

I'll go further...they win by four touchdowns...

Well I don't see the OP being crazy for making such a post considering they've already done just that. Patriots should feel confident. The only thing crazy about it is probably listing Denver missing Decker as a negative. Turns out that helps them out quite a bit in their passing game if they go to DT as their number 1.

However, to predict such a score difference it means you expect the Pats to win the turnover battle. And honestly, considering that Tebow did a pretty good job protecting the football in the first game and the takeaways came mainly as a result of the Patriots defense making big plays that's....not really all that crazy either.

They weren't really gifts like they were against the Bills for example. Pats truly got takeaways while other teams got gifted turnovers by the Denver offense. It's an extra boost of confidence to know the Patriots D can actually do their part to force takeaways even when facing a stingy quarterback or offense.

I just still think they will be a bit more alert and probably see it more along the lines of 27-20 or 30-23. I see them able to put up 2TD's and 3 FG's or maybe even 3 TD's and a FG and squeeze out 24 even if there are 0 turnovers. If D fails to force a fumble or only get 1 Pats will score about 27 or 30.

Only time you see blowouts is when you have a lot of turnovers or the other team just has 3 and out after 3 and out and I do see this Denver team moving and scoring some points against the Pats. They may surprise and pass against pass coverage though. Gotta watch out for that. Fox is known for his sneakiness.

It's not really all that crazy to pass against a team sold out on the run. It's not really crazy for Fox to make those calls in O.T., because despite him being blamed for being conservative, he's called huge pass plays like that in tight games and O.T. quite a bit in the playoffs. What's sneakier about Fox is that he's fully capable of challenging Tebow and make him throw against pass coverage, and I do believe Tebow will do a good job. Just not good enough. That D will betray them.

But I do like the confidence portrayed by the OP. Only thing that makes me a bit nervous are the reports of Brady acting different in practice, and pushing everyone to their limits. Ocho was complaining about him feeling like he was walking on eggshells. I'm sure he meant it as a compliment to Tom's competitiveness and it's good to know Tom's focused, but I hope he's not going to overplay it this weekend.

What he's been doing has been great this season. Don't push too much. Nice and steady is what we want.

Last edited:
Of course you moved the goalposts. Your post was about one thing then, when I made a counter, you made it about another. As I said, I'm not going to go around in circles on this.

You missed my original point, and I am trying to clarify. That isn't moving the goal posts. You are simply putting too much emphasis on my use of the word "occasional". Its still not at a frequency that would change my opinion. For instance:

Just because there are [several annual] upsets doesn't mean its ridiculous to a expect a favorite to blow out an underdog. This notion that we must temper ourselves because anything can happen and might be let down is what is ridiculous.​

I still don't get why there were any expectations for that 2009 team. They weren't very good. The 2010 team was a different matter. They should have beaten the jets but those things happen.

I also don't think this years team is a world beater, but this Denver team is maybe the weakest team they have faced in the past decade.

And our defense is the weakest defense we have had in the past decade

tumblr_lxp3j4g4YW1qclcbeo1_400.jpg

:rocker:

I want to see a 2 score win! 31-20 would be nice. But you never know. Thats why we play the game. Then again, I don't see any way for the Broncs to cover Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker at the same time. Too many weapons for Brady. Look for our young RB Ridley to make an impact on the game as well. Bottom line we need a complete team effort, we need to keep turnovers down, and our OL must protect Brady. We get all of those things, we can win by a lot! If we get most of them we should still win. If we only get some of those things going, prepare for a nailbiter. I do not want to see an OT game! Score fast and early and make Tebow play catchup!

Only slightly off.

Just gave original post a belated like. :rocker:

shmessy...ONLY 20 points????

hater

ENOUGH of the shaking and quaking - - it's "the thing" to do this week.

I'm not buying it for a moment.

NE beat Den in Den comfortably after keeping their poise, making adjustments and dominating the last 3 quarters just 4 weeks ago.

No adjustments necessary this time.

This time, the game won't be 5,280 feet above sea level.

Pat Chung and Brandon Spikes will be front and center.

No Eric Decker.

A pissed off Patriot team.

20+ point win tomorrow night.

Brady will throw for 6 TDS, 666 yards, and Lonie Paxton will beg for his old Pats uniform back. Belichick will cackle uncontrollably at the podium after the game and the press room will grow uncomfortably hot.

The parking lot will glow red with light of a thousand postgame tailgates and buzzed noses.

Enjoy.

Shmessy - please give us the Megamillions numbers for the next drawing...

Damn good calls there..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore