PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Enough Angst. I'm 'Going There': Pats Win By 20+ Tomorrow Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
ENOUGH of the shaking and quaking - - it's "the thing" to do this week.

I'm not buying it for a moment.

NE beat Den in Den comfortably after keeping their poise, making adjustments and dominating the last 3 quarters just 4 weeks ago.

No adjustments necessary this time.

This time, the game won't be 5,280 feet above sea level.

Pat Chung and Brandon Spikes will be front and center.

No Eric Decker.

A pissed off Patriot team.

20+ point win tomorrow night.

Brady will throw for 6 TDS, 666 yards, and Lonie Paxton will beg for his old Pats uniform back. Belichick will cackle uncontrollably at the podium after the game and the press room will grow uncomfortably hot.

The parking lot will glow red with light of a thousand postgame tailgates and buzzed noses.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
I'm with you (almost)! I picked them to win by 18, the same margin as last time. But really, I don't care as long as it's a BIG FAT W and we send the Broncos and their Savior packing.

GO PATS!!

Its a good point. If the game is say 42-3 in the third quarter does NE run up the score or call of the dogs as they say?

I hope they "run it up". I'm not a fan of ever letting up. Keep your foot on the gas for the full 60 minutes. If the other team can't stop you, TOO BAD for them.

No such thing as running up the score in the NFL.

I don't know about 20+ but I do think the Patriots will win this one pretty easily. Once we had a handle on things last time, we came back from a good size deficit to win by a wide margin. Our ability to score at will was pretty off the charts!

Additionally, I really don't understand the mentality behind thinking your team might lose. That is the only way you suffer a loss no matter what the team does on game day. A coward dies 1,ooo deaths; a brave man dies but once.

Welcome to last week, I think I put 51-3 somewhere on here.

I hope they "run it up". I'm not a fan of ever letting up. Keep your foot on the gas for the full 60 minutes. If the other team can't stop you, TOO BAD for them.

No such thing as running up the score in the NFL.

No such thing as running it up,but there is such thing as doing the ******ed thing and leave starters in when the game is very well in hand.

One thing that has always bothered me about Belichick is leaving Brady and other starters in a game when the team is ahead by 30 or more with 8 minutes to go.

Too much chance on getting a key player injured and possibly throwing a season away.......

If the Pats are ahead 31-6 with 7 minutes to go in this weeks game,I want to see Hoyer at QB,Vereen at RB and Underwood,Ochostinko and Edelman at WR with Solder at TE.

I would love it to be a statement game!!!

NO MERCY!!!!

Anyone who is looking at this game objectively knows the Donkeys are going to get schooled.

- Team at full health
- D at full health
- This team has shown toughness, coming back from behind several times
- This team knows only too well what overconfidence can do
- Chock full of veterans hungry for playoff success
- Donkeys gave up their secrets in the Squealers game
- Tebow blows
- Huge pressure on Tebow
- Donkeys have injuries
- Donkeys have a short week
- Donkeys playing in a cold, hostile stadium

The only reason people are nervous is because of the Pats' last three playoff losses. The only effect that has on this game is psychological. As long as Pats don't shoot themselves in the foot, Donks will be massacred.

NE beat Den in Den comfortably after keeping their poise, making adjustments and dominating the last 3 quarters just 4 weeks ago.

No Eric Decker.

Brady will throw for 6 TDS, 666 yards, and Lonie Paxton will beg for his old Pats uniform back. Belichick will cackle uncontrollably at the podium after the game and the press room will grow uncomfortably hot.

The parking lot will glow red with light of a thousand postgame tailgates and buzzed noses.

Enjoy.

Were you buying it in 2009 or 2010?

Positive thoughts!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I like the spirit of this thread.

I am so confident, that I am worried.

We should win by 20. But....it's going to turn out to be close and full of anxiety (well, that's what usually happens). In the end, the Pats may pull away.

But I am so confident, that I am worried. (I remember being so confident leading up to a certain Super Bowl about 4 years ago).

-- FRITZ

No Eric Decker.

Enjoy.

Agree 100%. 41-20. Pats are going to roll.

I agree w Shmessy that logic tells us we should roll.

But logic is doing nothing about the queasy nervousness I feel. Logic said we should've won last season. Logic says we should've at least been competitive in 2009.

The Pats suddenly have a monkey on their back. Or so I've been told by sports radio this week. It isn't Peyton Manning pre-2006 monkey. But they haven't won a playoff game in 4 calendar years. It's an odd fact that probably points to too small a sample size, and three great individual efforts by the opposition.

But it does point to the any given Sunday factor. So whether we are a much better team than Denver or not, it's irrelevant. We are a better team. Absolutely. Much better. If for no other reason than QB and coach. But after all the hype and talk, and all the work leading up to this point by both teams, the only thing that matters is what those guys do on the field tomorrow nite between 8 and 11:30pm.

Last edited:
I hate these late games. If the Pats cruise, I can sleep. If they struggle, I'm awake till 2 or 3 in the a.m. I said Pats by 20 so I am sticking with that. See you Sunday a.m. around brunch time after a good night's sleep.

... Lonie Paxton will beg for his old Pats uniform back.

If he even shows! But there will still be a uniform beg in either case:

He was excused to attend to a family matter, coach John Fox said Thursday without revealing specifics. [...] After practicing Tuesday, Paxton missed workouts Wednesday and Thursday. If he’s unable to play against the Patriots, Russ Hochstein might be the fill-in.

Broncos long snapper Lonie Paxton dealing with family matter, misses most of week’s practices - The Washington Post

Last edited:
Tebow is 0-1 in games played when under 40, that game was a couple weeks back in Buffalo, when it was around 30 or so and he lost 40-14, it is supposed to be in the low 20's and teens Saturday night. He stated before that game, he had never played with sleeves before, but was practicing with them for that cold weather.

Were you buying it in 2009 or 2010?

I still don't get why there were any expectations for that 2009 team. They weren't very good. The 2010 team was a different matter. They should have beaten the jets but those things happen.

I also don't think this years team is a world beater, but this Denver team is maybe the weakest team they have faced in the past decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back