PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

End of 2013 league year cuts, signings, trades, voids, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. just heard this on NFL network

nfl network on rodger saffold : "....he's sort of the Danny Amendola of lineman, is hurt a lot...."

I'd guess the Colts for Art Jones but those Tweets back & forth are giving me a little hope he will be suiting up next to his brother next season!

If the Colts sign him for 6-7 million, as if currently rumored, I think the Pats might have missed big. I have to believe he'd have come here to play with his brother for the same money, and that seems like a solid signing.

It would also be totally great if Denver totally mortgaged the future to give Manning a ring , only to fall in the divisional round of next years playoff, thereby depriving the mediots of another obnoxious Brady v. Manning story.

I'm good with that as long as the Pats don't mortgage theirs and then fall short of a ring. You KNOW that division rivals and national media will rejoice.

I don't know if anyone posted this:

A league source tells the Packer Report that Green Bay, Tampa Bay, New England, and the Giants are free agent Jared Allen's "wish list."

Packer Report's Bill Huber allows that Denver could be Allen's "potential fifth suitor." Allen is clearly targeting contender-type teams only, suggesting he is willing to play for less than a premium price. The Buccaneers, Patriots, and Broncos make the most sense because they run 4-3 defenses.

Jared Allen - Minnesota Vikings - 2014 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Just heard on the radio that Owen Daniels was released.

Not sure what he has left after getting IRed last year, but a definite possibility for the Pats.

Just heard on the radio that Owen Daniels was released.

Not sure what he has left after getting IRed last year, but a definite possibility for the Pats.
I saw he said his leg was completely better and his rehab was done in mid-January. Worth a look since TE is a need.

Some Ware news:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
From @Edwerderesp:n DeMarcus Ware has requested Cowboys decide future before free agency today at 4 ET. Unsure of Cowboys response.

Some Ware news:

There could really be some good pass rushers available for us. I know we're not going to break the bank but some good names available. I wouldn't mind :

-Ware
- J.Allen
- J.Peppers
-A.Smith
-J. Babin
- L. Houston

Looks like Michael Johnson just agreed with Buccaneers (5 years, $43.75 million; $24 million guaranteed

There could really be some good pass rushers available for us. I know we're not going to break the bank but some good names available. I wouldn't mind :

-Ware
- J.Allen
- J.Peppers
-A.Smith
-J. Babin
- L. Houston
Picking from those, my favorites are Ware, Allen and Houston.

Picking from those, my favorites are Ware, Allen and Houston.

I also think Peppers would be interesting. This is going to be a really exciting next 24 hours!!!!

Looks like Michael Johnson just agreed with Buccaneers (5 years, $43.75 million; $24 million guaranteed

Ashley, where are you getting such great inside info ? Is this from the NFL Network ? Or do you have someone on the inside. I thought these couldn't be announced until 4pm est.

Ashley, where are you getting such great inside info ? Is this from the NFL Network ? Or do you have someone on the inside. I thought these couldn't be announced until 4pm est.

It's on Twitter from various sources. Jason La Canfora reported that one. There's a thread related to signings that have already been reported but that can't be made official until the new league year starts at 4 pm:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...03575-free-agent-signings-around-league.html

That's strange. From the reports that have been coming out, one would think that Denver was his landing spot. Hope this report is correct and the Pats are in play. Allen would allow Nink to be a rotational guy and would wreak havoc on the other side from Jones. They could sign Allen and draft a DE like Trent Murphy or Kony Ealy in the first round and have an actual rotation of pass rushers.

Damn, I dunno how Johnson is worth that kind of coin.

Hi Scott, yeah, as other people said, I heard it first on twitter, didn't see it posted and thought I would share it. Nobody on the inside. lol

Will Ware be a free agent in about 60 minutes?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
Cowboys DE DeMarcus Ware is currently meeting with the team. His future is in the balance....

Oh my sweet Jesus I'd take Ware in a second. I would be happy with Allen or Peppers too. I would consider this FA a failure if they don't sign an impact pass rusher with how many good ones are out there.

Oh my sweet Jesus I'd take Ware in a second. I would be happy with Allen or Peppers too. I would consider this FA a failure if they don't sign an impact pass rusher with how many good ones are out there.

Cant we put Ware at RDE Allen at LDE and bumb Jones inside ? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back