PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eli over Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
we absolutely didn't have a good game last game offensively... 49ers defense is by far the best defense in the league...

i would hope u would at least agree with that

I fail to see how the 49ers defense is better than Baltimore's.

hey guys I really tried to keep up with responding to everybody today....

but i am now in OT at work so I can't be ******* around... i'll be back tom

hey guys I really tried to keep up with responding to everybody today....

but i am now in OT at work so I can't be ******* around... i'll be back tom

Don't. I'm tired of reading 39 pages of crap.

How many rings does he have compared to Bradshaw?To say that TB is beyond Eli smells of homerism.The guy has improved.Hell i want TB to beat him so that 07 crushing loss becomes less painful.They would have come back and won a superbowl.

How many rings does he have compared to Bradshaw?To say that TB is beyond Eli smells of homerism.The guy has improved.Hell i want TB to beat him so that 07 crushing loss becomes less painful.They would have come back and won a superbowl.

Tom Brady is so far beyond Eli, he could lose the next 45 SuperBowls to him and it wouldn't matter. Eli has improved, sure, but can we please stop talking about him as if he's a young, up and coming Quarterback? The guys is 31, he was the first overall pick, he has always had good players and coaches around him, he damn well should be having some success by now.

I already have Eli ahead of Rivers.If Manning wins again,then u have to consider him being there with Brady.He would be 2-0 against him in superbowls.This is why the pressure is on Brady to at least have a great game in the superbowl win or lose.

Right with Brady! Seriously, are you on crack? What the hell is wrong with you?

This isn't some beauty pageant. It doesn't matter what his numbers look like against Mannings. Just like it didn't matter what his numbers looked like against Warner's, Delholme's or McNabb's. He isn't playing against Manning. He's playing against the Giants D. Maybe it is important to you that he wins some sort of consolation prize of playing well in a loss, but I particularly don't.

Right now, Eli Manning has the equivalent career of Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. All three were carried to a superbowl by a superior D and the rest of their careers have been mediocre at best. If in two weeks, the Giants superior D can stifle Brady while Manning has a field day against an awful Patriots D, doesn't suddenly catapult Manning into the discussion of GOAT.

What the heck is wrong with people. This has to be the stupidest thread in the history of this board. Please someone remind me if there has ever been a stupider premise that has garnered this much support. I can't think of one.

Right with Brady! Seriously, are you on crack? What the hell is wrong with you?

This isn't some beauty pageant. It doesn't matter what his numbers look like against Mannings. Just like it didn't matter what his numbers looked like against Warner's, Delholme's or McNabb's. He isn't playing against Manning. He's playing against the Giants D. Maybe it is important to you that he wins some sort of consolation prize of playing well in a loss, but I particularly don't.

Right now, Eli Manning has the equivalent career of Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. All three were carried to a superbowl by a superior D and the rest of their careers have been mediocre at best. If in two weeks, the Giants superior D can stifle Brady while Manning has a field day against an awful Patriots D, doesn't suddenly catapult Manning into the discussion of GOAT.

What the heck is wrong with people. This has to be the stupidest thread in the history of this board. Please someone remind me if there has ever been a stupider premise that has garnered this much support. I can't think of one.

Trade Brady

FACT:

Tom Brady is much better than Eli...end of story and thread!

Do we have real tards out there or what?

People that judge a QBs worth against another QB solely on their head to head records are idiots.

I never understood this reasoning. They arent even on the field together. They are facing the defense of the opposing team, not the QB.

yea, you judge them on superbowl wins....

no wait, thats only about your own QB...

my bad

This will be the 5th time Brady's helped lead the team to an SB, Eli's 2nd, Brady is 15-5 vs Eli's 6-3 playoff record. Career, Eli 129TDs 99INTs, TB 300TDs 115INTs.

TB 10 seasons Eli 8 seasons.

I prefer the G hype:)

Last edited:
yea, you judge them on superbowl wins....

no wait, thats only about your own QB...

my bad

I thought you were gone? Choose any measure of quarterback play you like and I'll make an argument Tom Brady is clearly superior to Eli Manning. Really, pick anything you think determines whether a quarterback is a good player or not.

You are the one trolling here. Tom Brady beats Eli Manning in wins, in stats, in personality, in looks, in the better-looking wife department. He's better at home, he's better on the road, he's better in cold weather, he's better in warm weather, he's better in the regular season, he's better in the playoffs, he's better in the first quarter, he's better in the fourth quarter, he's better on odd-numbered days with the temperature between 45 and 60 degrees, TOM BRADY IS UNEQUIVOCALLY, UNARGUABLY A SIGINFICANTLY BETTER QUARTERBACK THAN ELI MANNING, AND THERE'S NO WAY A SANE PERSON CAN MAKE AN ARGUMENT TO THE CONTRARY. Accept this universal truth and move on with your life. Be proud of Eli, he's a very good player, but that's about it.

Last edited:
The bottom line is that this game is huge for TFB!!!He can be mentioned in the same breath as his childhood idol or above him.Also it would have taken the sting off the 07 superbowl.They lose and basically the giants kept TB from being the greatest of all time.He is in the top 3 now.

You guys are a bunch of homer morons if your comparing records this year. You guys have one of the easiest divisions in football only one worse is AFC west and you played those junk teams. Of course your going to go 13-3. Once you played a good team, Giants, Steelers, you lost. If you played in NFC east you would of gone 8-8 with that defense.

I feel like it's the movie groundhog day going over this 'who have you beaten' crap yet again, but I'll play along in regards to your points.

Pats record vs NFCE: 3-1
Giants record vs NFCE: 3-3

Collective record of AFCE: 33-31
Collective record of NFCE: 30-34

Giants defense: allowed 400 points
Pats defense: allowed 342 points

Please tell me more about this alternate universe where 9-7 is better than 13-3, 3-3 is better than 3-1, 30-34 is better than 33-31, and giving up 400 points is better than giving up 342 points.

As for the weak schedule and the 'who have you beaten' angle the Patriots were the only team that finished with a winning record that the Giants beat in the regular season, so you fail on that point too - even though it has been proven to be a completely meaningless stat. It's ironic that you bring that up though because if anybody should be aware of how meaningless that is, it should be a Giants fan.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Giants are a very good team and this game could easily go either way. It's just that the reasons you give to make your case for why the Giants could or will win are extremely weak, and to accuse others that think otherwise of being "homer morons" is completely hypocritical. I don't want to get into name calling but frankly the "homer moron" label would much more aptly be applied to you at this point.

Really? I can't believe this is even a discussion. I realize that this story is mostly a media creation but seriously?

League MVP - Brady x2, Eli x0
Super Bowl wins - Brady x3, Eli x1
Super Bowl MVP - Brady x2, Eli x1
Regular Season Passing Yards - Brady 39,979, Eli 27,579
Regular Season Passing TDs - Brady 300, Eli 185
Career Completion % Reg. Season - Brady 63.8, Eli 58.4

I could go on and on where Brady beats Eli in every statistical category but everyone here already knows this stuff. Brady has played three more seasons than Eli but even with those three seasons, Eli would still trail Brady.

As for this season, again the numbers speak for themselves. Sure Eli has had a great year, but Brady was even better. Both are unbeaten in the postseason with Eli beating two good teams on the road while Brady had two games at home. All that tells us is that Brady was better in the regular season and earned those postseason home games.

I think I've wasted everyone's time for long enough here. I can only hope that the media continues to hype Eli right up until game time with ridiculous comparisons to Brady. Then I hope Brady comes out pissed off and has his best Super Bowl performance of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents