PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eleven more days till the Patriots play...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCB02062

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
And the local and national electronic media have beaten into my head that:

The Patriots DO NOT want to face Indianapolis AT ALL...
Baltimore doesn't fear the Patriots and THEY CAN RUN THE BALL...
Suggs is on a personal mission...
The NYJ will have revenge on their mind...
If Roethliesberger can make a few big plays, the Patriots are in trouble AND they have revenge on their minds...
Baltimore AND Pittsburgh are tough, physical, and can run the ball...
Ed Reed is back, so Brady shouldn't bother throwing more than 10 yards down the field against Baltimore...
The Patriots rookie contributors - Gronkowski, Hernandez, Cunningham, McCourty are getting tired and will make mistakes...
Shayne Graham is not proven in the playoffs...
Brady's INT-free streak has to come to an end sometime...
What if the Patriots' opponent doesn't turn the ball over...

Anyone else sick of this tired bullsh#t? It was the same in 2003 and 2004. There was a MUCH more positive slant from the local media back in 2001, much more. The tenor of discussion was more of HOW the Patriots could beat Oakland, Pittsburgh, and St. Louis...not the crap we have now from the scumbags in the local media...

Well, these are all good points. Served with a healthy portion of hyperbole and sensationalism, no doubt. But it's the media's job to create interesting stories. The ever-efficient, consistent Patriot make for a boring story. It's much more interesting to have the fans biting their fingernails in anticipation. That sells more tickets and papers.

There's no real news here, so the media has to create something to fill their columns. Take this for what it's worth, entertainment. But rest assured, BB has the entire team on a strictly exclusive subscription to the BB Times. So I'm not worried about the media having much of on effect on the players' focus.

And the local and national electronic media have beaten into my head that:

The Patriots DO NOT want to face Indianapolis AT ALL...
Baltimore doesn't fear the Patriots and THEY CAN RUN THE BALL...
Suggs is on a personal mission...
The NYJ will have revenge on their mind...
If Roethliesberger can make a few big plays, the Patriots are in trouble AND they have revenge on their minds...
Baltimore AND Pittsburgh are tough, physical, and can run the ball...
Ed Reed is back, so Brady shouldn't bother throwing more than 10 yards down the field against Baltimore...
The Patriots rookie contributors - Gronkowski, Hernandez, Cunningham, McCourty are getting tired and will make mistakes...
Shayne Graham is not proven in the playoffs...
Brady's INT-free streak has to come to an end sometime...
What if the Patriots' opponent doesn't turn the ball over...

Anyone else sick of this tired bullsh#t? It was the same in 2003 and 2004. There was a MUCH more positive slant from the local media back in 2001, much more. The tenor of discussion was more of HOW the Patriots could beat Oakland, Pittsburgh, and St. Louis...not the crap we have now from the scumbags in the local media...

You forgot to add that Kansas City has a big advantage with Weis and Crennel having intimate knowledge of BB's systems and is a nightmare matchup. Also that the defensive line consists exclusively of Wilfork and the offense better score big because we'll have no pass rush. :rolleyes:

Well i guess most fans from other teams wouldn't read past the first line if the writers said "there is No hope the ________ are doomed, NE is a well oiled machine that can't be stopped. "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here"

Last edited:
two weeks of disrepect, and mucho bulletin board material.. where is Rodney when we need him???

You forgot to add that Kansas City has a big advantage with Weis and Crennel having intimate knowledge of BB's systems and is a nightmare matchup. :rolleyes:

So they assume we have the same exact system as we did 6 years ago....how exactly are we 14-2 then?

Well, what else should they write though? I doubt all the non Patriots Fans want to read about how the NEP can win their 4th superbowl in 10 years. I think they are all pretty much sick of it to the back of their teeth. This year was finally supposed to be the year where the Pats would show true decline and needing a few years to rebuild, wasting the last years of a franchise QB who is on decline as well.

I´d be staying away from any story involving the Patriots if I was them.

they're just trying to get people to talk about what they say. It'll never work.

Oh ... wait.

I don't really think this is disrespect at all.

Even the best teams in NFL history have a 50% chance AT BEST to win it all entering the playoffs. The '07 team was roughly a 1:1 (50%) favorite.

This team, by Vegas odds, is a huge favorite, but they fail to win in over 65% of simulations.

That said, supposing they don't win it all, wouldn't there be some team that beats them?

they're just trying to get people to talk about what they say. It'll never work.

Oh ... wait.

Hahahah....well played.

Nobody seems to be talking about the one aspect of this team which scares me. The D-Line.

Green Bay almost beat us because we couldn't stop the run. With Brace out, and Deaderick suspended, Warren clingin on...the front of our D is my main concern.

i dont want to wait anymore..i want it to be the SB next week with the pats playing..ahhh!

If you've had enough of the media writing about how other teams can or will beat the Patriots in this year's playoffs, I suggest you read this article by Johnette Howard. Disregard the title and the photographs; get beyond that and you should enjoy it.

Tom Brady has matinee idol looks and a supermodel wife, but make no mistake: He's the brick wall that every NFL playoff team has to get past to win the Super Bowl. - ESPN

Brady is the brick wall at the end of the road for whichever Super Bowl team emerges from the NFC, and he's the trump card that undoes the dwindling crowd still arguing Michael Vick as league MVP. Brady and the Patriots are a league-best 14-2, and they're back to being the yardstick for every team that survives Saturday and Sunday's opening playoff round.

In the AFC, he's the immovable object that usually gets the better of the irresistible force of Peyton Manning. He exchanged on- and off-field insults with Baltimore linebacker Terrell Suggs this season. He's the antidote to Jets bon vivant Rex Ryan, the rare NFL head coach whose mouth is always ready to go to triple overtime.

We also get some more insight to the competitive fire inside Brady:

He even surprised veteran running back Fred Taylor when Taylor checked in with less than six minutes to play and the Pats leading by 42.

"I'm coming into the game when it's all but over, and Tommy is right in my face shouting, 'C'mon Freddy, take it to the [expletive] house!" Taylor told ESPNBoston.com.

Taylor marveled that Brady never stops competing. But Brady has always been that way.

There's more, going back to his high school days that even hardcore Pats fans may not be aware of. So if you're sick of hearing how some other team may win the Super Bowl this year, try giving this column a read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes