PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Edit]HOF Reject/SB-Never-Was Cris Carter's Laughs at Pats Chances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chris Carter's laughing at Pats chances

Seems kinda average to diss a player's career because he's an incredibly poor analyst.

Yup. Great player but a dbag poor analyst.

Plus his son is a total moron.

right now im laughing at chris carter missing the hof for the 4 th year in a row.. .so much for that shoe in....

Dude is an Ahole considering he rates Calvin Johnson as good not elite. In fact he put Fitzgerald, Jenning, Roddy White, Andre Johnson ahead of Megatron.
Roddy white ????

Wow, all of you guys with this opinion must be a tremendously successful person if you can laugh at someone for not getting elected to the Hall of Fame YET.

It's not that, it's just a little satisfying right now 'cause he laughed out loud at us. Deep down we know one has nothing to do with another.

Wow, all of you guys with this opinion must be a tremendously successful person if you can laugh at someone for not getting elected to the Hall of Fame YET.

talent aside, i guess him sitting up next to chris berman thought he was destined for the hof.. but its ok for him to keep putting the pats down.. yes he was good.. not great wr... all he did was catch tds.. then i guess mike vrabel is a shoe in as well....

Re: Chris Carter's laughing at Pats chances

lol at the thread title edit.

I think it will be a close game with a good deal of scoring, into the high 20's and low 30's anyway.

If however it is not a close game I think the chances are much better that the Pats win big than that the Giants win big.

I really only have one major reason for feeling this way. If the Pats can keep the pocket clean for Brady, I don't think the Giants have any answer for the Pats. I think the Pats know that a big key to this game if not the key to this game is keeping the pocket clean for Tom. So, I think they will do so at all costs.

Also and here I could be wrong....I don't think the NFL much wants to see a game dominated by yellow laundry out every play. So I think holding will be tolerated a bit more than usual which I also think favors the Pats. That said I have not had time to look at the officiating crew. It could be a crew that monitors offensive holding closely and that would in all probability keep both offensive lines honest.

Beyond a clean pocket for Tom, I don't see another potential variable in this game that would result in a big win one way or the other. As such the only kind of victory I can envision for the Giants is a close game victory. However I could just as easily make a case for a close game victory for the Pats. If the Pats can run the ball enough to make play action effective and combine that with effective pass protection, I don't see how the Giants can respond to that. Both Volmer and Gronk need to stay in this game I think.

talent aside, i guess him sitting up next to chris berman thought he was destined for the hof.. but its ok for him to keep putting the pats down.. yes he was good.. not great wr... all he did was catch tds.. then i guess mike vrabel is a shoe in as well....

OK, let me get this straight. You disagree with his analysis therefore you are in a position to laugh at him for not getting elected to the HOF YET? When are you eligible?
By the way, the 'all he does is catch TDs' is repeated because it was a stupid comment, as well as being incorrect.
Carter was top 5 in receptions, TDs and top 10 in yards in NFL history. As I said you must be awfully successful at whatever you do if you can laugh at his football resume.

OK, let me get this straight. You disagree with his analysis therefore you are in a position to laugh at him for not getting elected to the HOF YET? When are you eligible?
By the way, the 'all he does is catch TDs' is repeated because it was a stupid comment, as well as being incorrect.
Carter was top 5 in receptions, TDs and top 10 in yards in NFL history. As I said you must be awfully successful at whatever you do if you can laugh at his football resume.

He could have been polite and said Gints are better than Pats and explain why. To demean our team just showed his character. so, karma is a biatch. Hope he never gets in HOF, loser. Served him right to lose and cry on tv for his 15-1 Vikings choke job

I'm not offended by his opinion. I disagree with his laughing derision for a team that achieved what none of his great teams did.

He must have been awfully successful in Super Bowls to laugh at the Patriots' Super Bowl chances on television.

I fully agree that he's entitled to his opinion and analysis.

Open derision as an "expert" when YOU attempted to get there but didn't will open you up to derision.

So yes, when the Ringless Wonder laughs at a team that has 3 in the past 10 years, he's going to get called out. He's a grown man, he can take it. He certainly dishes it out.

And BTW, Andy, all those impressive stats you listed in your post got him........not in the Hall of Fame.

Last edited:
I'm not offended by his opinion. I disagree with his laughing derision for a team that achieved what none of his great teams did.
Then would it not be wrong for you to laugh at him for accomplishing things that you never did?

He must have been awfully successful in Super Bowls to laugh at the Patriots' Super Bowl chances on television.

He's entitled to his opinion and analysis.

Open derision as an "expert" when YOU attempted to get there but didn't will open you up to derision.
Perhaps from someone who got there, but not legitimately from someone vicarioulsy identifying with someone who got there and acting like they did themselves because they root.

So yes, when the Ringless Wonder laughs at a team that has 3 in the past 10 years, he's going to get called out. He's a grown man, he can take it. He certainly dishes it out.
So then you can be a grown man and take it when I laugh at you for diminsihing his accomplishments, which you couldn't come close to, and acting like you are better than him by virtue of taking credit for the accomplishments of the Patriots, because you like them.

And BTW, Andy, all those impressive stats you listed in your post got him........not in the Hall of Fame.
Yet. You are lying of you really think he isn't going to get in.

He could have been polite and said Gints are better than Pats and explain why. To demean our team just showed his character. so, karma is a biatch. Hope he never gets in HOF, loser. Served him right to lose and cry on tv for his 15-1 Vikings choke job

Am I the only one who finds it funny that people who are personally insulted about what he said about a team root for, as if they accomplished what the team did, think it is an insult that his HOF career hasn"t gotten him inducted yet.

Then would it not be wrong for you to laugh at him for accomplishing things that you never did?

Perhaps from someone who got there, but not legitimately from someone vicarioulsy identifying with someone who got there and acting like they did themselves because they root.

So then you can be a grown man and take it when I laugh at you for diminsihing his accomplishments, which you couldn't come close to, and acting like you are better than him by virtue of taking credit for the accomplishments of the Patriots, because you like them.

Yet. You are lying of you really think he isn't going to get in.

I'm sorry, Andy. I really should stop going on national television and holding myself out as an expert former player like that for a paycheck.

You're right.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, Andy. I really should going on national television and holding myself out as an expert former player like that for money.

You're right.

He IS an expert former player who gets paid for that opinion.
You are just someone who laughs at him for having a career in the NFL that will get him in the HOF but hasn't gotten him in for the first 4 ballots.

He IS an expert former player who gets paid for that opinion.
You are just someone who laughs at him for having a career in the NFL that will get him in the HOF but hasn't gotten him in for the first 4 ballots.

And your point?

Got news for ya, Andy. That's how it works.

He's a Ringless Wonder who never made it to the Super Bowl who ridiculed a team going for its 4th in 10 years.

And he didn't get into the Hall of Fame today.

A little humble pie for Mr. Cris Carter to end this week.

Last edited:
And your point?

My point is that its funny. You really showed him. You laughed at him being such a failure in life that he will have to wait another year or years before being inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He must be such an incompetant loser compared to you.

And your point?

Got news for ya, Andy. That's how it works.

What is how it works?
You make fun of a guy who was one of the greatest to ever play in the NFL because he hasn't been recognized yet to make yourself feel better because he said something bad about the team you root for because they won 3 SBs and he won none, as if you deserve credit for the SBs?

He's a Ringless Wonder who never made it to the Super Bowl who ridiculed a team going for its 4th in 10 years.

And he didn't get into the Hall of Fame today.

A little humble pie for Mr. Cris Carter to end this week.

This is my point. How many rings do you have? When is your HOF induction ceremony.
Try having a little class.

I disagree with Carter's antics as an analyst, but that doesn't mean I should belittle what he achieved.
You are saying he has no right to laugh at the Patriots becuase he never won a SB, but you have a right to laugh at his NFL career when you played how many years? See the point yet?

This is my point. How many rings do you have? When is your HOF induction ceremony.
Try having a little class.

I disagree with Carter's antics as an analyst, but that doesn't mean I should belittle what he achieved.
You are saying he has no right to laugh at the Patriots becuase he never won a SB, but you have a right to laugh at his NFL career when you played how many years? See the point yet?
What is going on this week Andy? Why are we in this much agreement?

:(:confused::mad::p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes