PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Edit]HOF Reject/SB-Never-Was Cris Carter's Laughs at Pats Chances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is how it works?
You make fun of a guy who was one of the greatest to ever play in the NFL because he hasn't been recognized yet to make yourself feel better because he said something bad about the team you root for because they won 3 SBs and he won none, as if you deserve credit for the SBs?

You've never been critical of greats....especially when they completely disrespected you or your team? And if you ever have are you implying you deserve credit for anything? Look it. He laughed at the Patriots, and by extension laughed at us as fans. It may be a little displaced but the timing of this smells like....victory.

Last edited:
Time to point and laugh at Cris Carter.
I'm glad he didn't make it and I'm petty enough to hope he never makes it, even if his stats say he should make it. The reason is that I've watched and listened to this ***h%^# ridicule and mock the Patriots organization, their players and their coach from his entitled perch on ESPN for years, virtually without anyone on the set with him having the balls to stand up to him. Rather, spiteful, jealous yahoos like Jackson and Ditka simply smile and nod, giving him and his opinions a free pass. Last Sunday morning he brought his obnoxiousness to a new level when he ridiculed Edelman, in particular, and the Patriots' defense, in general, with outright and sustained laughter. He's entitled to criticize, it's a part of his job, and he can do that strongly as he sees fit. But, I challenge anyone who saw that embarrassing performance to defend it. It was unprofessional, petty and spiteful and if I'm the same for taking pleasure in the fact that today he got some well-deserved pay-back, then I stand here deservedly convicted.

Last edited:
You've never been critical of greats....especially when they completely disrespected you or your team? And if you ever have are you implying you deserve credit for anything? Look it. He laughed at the Patriots, and by extension laughed at us as fans. It may be a little displaced but the timing of this smells like....victory.
PatsSB42, I can't believe I'm going in to bat for Andy but so many of you are missing the point in your zest to deride Carter.

Nobody has an issue with mocking Cris Carter the football analyst but to openly deride someone who is in contention for the Hall of Fame as a footballer is rather poor form.

Celebrating that the panel believed they were more worthy additions to the Hall of Fame in 2012 than Cris Carter's rather productive career is the definition of strange (especially because the touchy types don't like his presentation of his belief that the Patriots stand no chance tomorrow).

Above average footballer below average analyst. Mock his commentary and opinions not his career.

Last edited:
This is my point. How many rings do you have? When is your HOF induction ceremony.
Try having a little class.

I disagree with Carter's antics as an analyst, but that doesn't mean I should belittle what he achieved.
You are saying he has no right to laugh at the Patriots becuase he never won a SB, but you have a right to laugh at his NFL career when you played how many years? See the point yet?

I'm not a football player. Never tried to be.

I don't get a paycheck to be an expert on a subject then deride someone trying to accomplish something who has achieved a higher level in that pursuit.

In my profession, if I went on TV and ridiculed an investment advisor who has made it to a certain level that I never reached, then I would be completely due all the ridicule in the world.

That's how it goes, Andy.

I never said he has no right to deride. But he should expect it in return. I would say to him the old maxim "Act like you've been there before" - - but he never was.

What is so difficult for you to understand?

Last edited:

Its one thing to criticize his ability as an analyst. Its something totally different to act as if he should be embarrased by his fantastic career because he didn't get voted into the HOF yet.

People are saying he never made it to the SB so that invalidates his right to laugh at a SB team.
Then in the next breath they are laughing at his so far just shy of HOF caliber career, but ignoring they just told themselves they don't have the right to because they are not in the HOF.

Not sure how you get to the extension that he laughed at the fans, but it sounds like you think you have a right to criticize because you are a fan of a team that once won a SB and he never won one as a player.

PatsSB42, I can't believe I'm going in to bat for Andy but so many of your are missing the point in your zest to deride Carter.

Nobody has an issue with mocking Cris Carter the football analyst but to openly deride someone who is in contention for the Hall of Fame as a footballer is rather poor form.

Celebrating that the panel believed they were more worthy additions to the Hall of Fame in 2012 than Cris Carter's rather productive career is the definition of strange (especially because the touchy types don't like his presentation of his belief that the Patriots stand no chance tomorrow).

Above average footballer below average analyst. Mock his commentary and opinions not his career.

It's called Schadenfreude.

See the Jets Suck Thread if you need a definition.

I'm not a football player. Never tried to be.

I don't get a paycheck to be an expert on a subject then deride someone trying to accomplish something who has achieved a higher level in that pursuit.

In my profession, if I went on TV and ridiculed an investment advisor who has made it to a certain level that I never reached, then I would be completely due all the ridicule in the world.

That's how it goes, Andy.

I never said he has no right to deride. But he should expect it in return. I would say to him the old maxim "Act like you've been there before" - - but he never was.

What is so difficult for you to understand?

Because the person who has the right to deride him is someone who DID ACCOMPLISH that, not someone claiming the right because he was a fan of a SB Champ.
They pay him to give his opinion, and that is what he did.
How that has anything to do with his playing career makes no sense to me.
Why you think you are better than him makes no sense to me either.
Why is THAT so difficult for you to understand?

Its one thing to criticize his ability as an analyst. Its something totally different to act as if he should be embarrased by his fantastic career because he didn't get voted into the HOF yet.

People are saying he never made it to the SB so that invalidates his right to laugh at a SB team.
Then in the next breath they are laughing at his so far just shy of HOF caliber career, but ignoring they just told themselves they don't have the right to because they are not in the HOF.

Not sure how you get to the extension that he laughed at the fans, but it sounds like you think you have a right to criticize because you are a fan of a team that once won a SB and he never won one as a player.

Andy, you are disingenuous when you KEEP writing that we are saying "he has no right to deride....".

Nobody wrote that. Please show me where I wrote he has no right to deride the Patriots. Of COURSE he does. And he has a right to be the target of derision and shadenfreude in response. That's how the world works, Andy.

If he wants to mock on TV, he has to accept the consequences.

It's called Schadenfreude.

See the Jets Suck Thread if you need a definition.
Time has proven that I generally agree with your opinions has it not shmessy? I simply don't support the stance that Carter's non admission to the HOF is worth celebrating. The Patriots embarrassing his opinion as an analyst, now that's a different ball park all together.

Because the person who has the right to deride him is someone who DID ACCOMPLISH that, not someone claiming the right because he was a fan of a SB Champ.
They pay him to give his opinion, and that is what he did.
How that has anything to do with his playing career makes no sense to me.
Why you think you are better than him makes no sense to me either.
Why is THAT so difficult for you to understand?

I think I'm better than him???

Seriously???

What is wrong with you?

He can ridicule, I can ridicule. He gets paid for it, I don't.

What are you trying to legislate?

Gee, Andy. I guess we have to take back all the funny things we said about Rex Ryan because we never got HC jobs in the NFL.

Last edited:
PatsSB42, I can't believe I'm going in to bat for Andy but so many of your are missing the point in your zest to deride Carter.

I respect that. BTW I think Carter is a 'Famer, and although it shouldn't make a difference in the voting I'm not shedding a tear that this year after the way he disrespected us that he didn't get in. It might be a little immature but under the circumstances of being a fan I like it....this year anyway

I respect that. BTW I think Carter is a 'Famer, and although it shouldn't make a difference in the voting I'm not shedding a tear that this year after the way he disrespected us that he didn't get in. It might be a little immature but under the circumstances of being a fan I like it....this year anyway
I agree that it was disrespectful and stupid. There's a result tomorrow that will embarrass him more than another HOF overlook. Let's hope that eventuates. ;)

I think I'm better than him???

Seriously???

What is wrong with you?

He can ridicule, I can ridicule. He gets paid for it, I don't.

What are you trying to legislate?

Gee, Andy. I guess we have to take back all the funny things we said about Rex Ryan because we never got HC jobs in the NFL.

You are ridiculing him because you think he was wrong to ridicule the Patriots.
You are not the Patriots.
You are trying to use the fact that he is not yet in the HOF, when you know he will be as some sort of dishonor and source of embarrassment.
Your entire point of view is ignorant.

Your Rex Ryan comment further proves you just don't get it, because its not close to the same thing.

Andy, you are disingenuous when you KEEP writing that we are saying "he has no right to deride....".

Nobody wrote that. Please show me where I wrote he has no right to deride the Patriots. Of COURSE he does. And he has a right to be the target of derision and shadenfreude in response. That's how the world works, Andy.

If he wants to mock on TV, he has to accept the consequences.

I am not being disingenuous at all.
The semantics of saying 'he has no right to deride' vs ripping him to shreads over his derision are not real relevant here.
You challenged his qualification to deride because he never played in a SB. Thats the same thing as saying he has no right to.
Then you decide it is OK for you to deride his not quite yet HOF career, yet according to your own standards you lack the qualification to do so.

My point to begin with was I find it hilarious that you use the fact he wasn't elected to the HOF this time as something you think belittles him.
I'm sure you are in many Hall of Fame, so you can easily talk down on someone for not quite reaching that honor yet.

You are ridiculing him because you think he was wrong to ridicule the Patriots.
You are not the Patriots.
You are trying to use the fact that he is not yet in the HOF, when you know he will be as some sort of dishonor and source of embarrassment.
Your entire point of view is ignorant.

Your Rex Ryan comment further proves you just don't get it, because its not close to the same thing.

You are right, Andy. I am not the Patriots. Good job.

I'm done arguing with you on this.

But I'm glad Cris Carter got taken down a peg today, and there's nothing you can do to legislate that out.

Last edited:
You are right, Andy. I am not the Patriots. Good job.

I'm done arguing with you on this.

But I'm glad Cris Carter got taken down a peg today, and there's nothing you can do to legislate that out.

I'm not legislating anything.
I'm just pointing out that I find it funny that people are laughing at a guy having at worst a borderline HOF career as if it is some sort of insult.
You seemed pleased to 'diss' him by calling him a HOF reject because he isnt in yet. Funny that you think that is insulting.
I get that you don't like the guy, I just find it funny that you use his great accomplishments to try to demean him.

Carter in all likelihood will get into the HoF eventually.

Ergo, I do not think it is the most egregious of acts for us Patriots fans to mock him for not being granted enshrinement this year... in response to him laughing off the team's chances in SB XLVI against NYG, which IMO, bespoke wee more than a sliver of unprofessionalism on his part.

Last edited:
No one is denying that Carter was a great player and had a great career.
nevertheless he clearly went over the top with his ultra negative comments about the Patriots and Edleman.

I am sure he will get into the HOF some day.

Nevertheless this website is to share opinions and thoughts and many out here (myself included) felt that Carter needed to get humbled a little bit...because his arrogance is really annoying.

What goes around comes around...even if only for one year.

Lol. Absolutely. That loser never even made a SB. Now this salt on his wounds....bahhahaha. We laugh at his chances

He didn't get to a Super Bowl because his kicker missed a FG that would have gotten him there, after not missing a kick all season long. Bagging on him for not getting there is ridiculous.

He didn't get to a Super Bowl because his kicker missed a FG that would have gotten him there, after not missing a kick all season long. Bagging on him for not getting there is ridiculous.

Can I still enjoy Terrell Suggs' misfortune? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back