PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Edit]HOF Reject/SB-Never-Was Cris Carter's Laughs at Pats Chances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is denying that Carter was a great player and had a great career.
nevertheless he clearly went over the top with his ultra negative comments about the Patriots and Edleman.

I am sure he will get into the HOF some day.

Nevertheless this website is to share opinions and thoughts and many out here (myself included) felt that Carter needed to get humbled a little bit...because his arrogance is really annoying.

What goes around comes around...even if only for one year.

I don't think my point is being understood here.
I get that everyone is plssed at Carter.
My issue is ridiculing him for not getting into the HOF when he is clearly worthy.

Its kind of like one of the Simpsons-esque jokes where you find the guy who picked on your when you were a kid, realize he is the most successful person you have known and them laughing at him because his Lamborgini has a broken tailight and your Ford Taurus doesn't.

I just found it ironic and funny, especially when you include insulting him for not winning a SB as if Patriot fans have a SB pedigree by being fans of a team that won, and he is a loser because he didn't win a SB.

I don't think my point is being understood here.
I get that everyone is plssed at Carter.
My issue is ridiculing him for not getting into the HOF when he is clearly worthy.

Its kind of like one of the Simpsons-esque jokes where you find the guy who picked on your when you were a kid, realize he is the most successful person you have known and them laughing at him because his Lamborgini has a broken tailight and your Ford Taurus doesn't.

I just found it ironic and funny, especially when you include insulting him for not winning a SB as if Patriot fans have a SB pedigree by being fans of a team that won, and he is a loser because he didn't win a SB.

I'll never make fun of Terrell Owens ever again.

Last edited:
I'll never make fun of Terrell Owens ever again.

There are plenty of reasons to make fun of them(written before you editted to remove Marshall Faulk) But none of them have anything to do with their ability as a football player. (TOs crappy teammate dynamic notwithstanding)

I have no problem with you masacaring Carter for his analysis skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are plenty of reasons to make fun of them(written before you editted to remove Marshall Faulk) But none of them have anything to do with their ability as a football player. (TOs crappy teammate dynamic notwithstanding)

I have no problem with you masacaring Carter for his analysis skills.

Thanks for the permission.

And, yes, I fully intend to invoke my rights to ridicule Marshall Faulk.

Last edited:
Thanks for the permission.

And, yes, I fully intend to invoke my rights to ridicule Marshall Faulk.

Oh poor you. Never said you needed permission, just trying to help you not sound silly.

He didn't get to a Super Bowl because his kicker missed a FG that would have gotten him there, after not missing a kick all season long. Bagging on him for not getting there is ridiculous.

Bottomline, he never made it to Superbowl. He ought to have some respect for a team that has made it 5 times in 10 years. To outright laugh at their accomplishments is derogatory, especailly from a clown who portrays himself to be an ordained minister.classless idiot

It is one thing to say they may not win etc, but to laugh at an organization, players, fans, and mocking them is asinine.

serves him just right to get passed over for HOF. Once a loser, always a loser.

Bottomline, he never made it to Superbowl. He ought to have some respect for a team that has made it 5 times in 10 years. To outright laugh at their accomplishments is derogatory, especailly from a clown who portrays himself to be an ordained minister.classless idiot

It is one thing to say they may not win etc, but to laugh at an organization, players, fans, and mocking them is asinine.

Couldn't have put it better.. This crook is a disgrace to NFL. AHole like this in a HOF is a disgrace to HOF.

Mike Greenburg's stunned and disappointed that his friend Chris was passed over. Well Mike, wait till you see how bad you feel after your "Giant's win by double digits" lose tonight.

Last edited:
You are ridiculing him because you think he was wrong to ridicule the Patriots.
You are not the Patriots.
You are trying to use the fact that he is not yet in the HOF, when you know he will be as some sort of dishonor and source of embarrassment.
Your entire point of view is ignorant.

Your Rex Ryan comment further proves you just don't get it, because its not close to the same thing.

I'd say the vast majority of real Patriots fans who heard Carter ridicule the Pats are celebrating his failure to get accepted into the HOF.

It's like we are collectively flipping him the bird with a big smile upon our faces and saying, "In your face, you piece of ****!".

That is what normal fans are supposed to do buddy. You do know the word "Fan" comes from "Fanatic", don't you? Fanatics don't get all warm & fuzzy and adhere to political correctness when their team has been publically insulted...but I guess you do.

There is no shame in that Andy...try it!;)

Last edited:
I'm watching NFL Countdown right now and Chris Carter is completely disrespecting the Pats...laughing at the defense, Edleman, and Belichick's coaching job this year while ball washing all the Giants. The rest are critical and favor the Giants but Carter is being a dic*.:mad: If all these analysts give us no chance, how is it we're favorites? Long week ahead for us.

You have only yourself to blame. The TV does have an "OFF" switch.

Go to Itunes and get Patriots.com or Patriots audio. You get 18 quality hours a week of NFL coverage during the season. No, they are not homer shows except for The Pete Sheppard Show.

You have only yourself to blame. The TV does have an "OFF" switch.

Go to Itunes and get Patriots.com or Patriots audio. You get 18 quality hours a week of NFL coverage during the season. No, they are not homer shows except for The Pete Sheppard Show.

yeah I admitted in a subsequent post that it was a mistake to watch when he's on. I've avoided him ever since. Having said that I will circle the calendar to make sure I don't miss him eating crow after we we win!

yeah I admitted in a subsequent post that it was a mistake to watch when he's on. I've avoided him ever since. Having said that I will circle the calendar to make sure I don't miss him eating crow after we we win!

Real Pats fans WANT to watch **** like that SB42! So don't feel bad...all of us real fans agree with you. We LIKE crap that riles us up and gives us that "us against the world" feeling.

We ARE...the Real Patriots Fans (Fanatics)!

Great thread and thanks for posting!

Last edited:
Because the person who has the right to deride him is someone who DID ACCOMPLISH that, not someone claiming the right because he was a fan of a SB Champ.
They pay him to give his opinion, and that is what he did.
How that has anything to do with his playing career makes no sense to me.
Why you think you are better than him makes no sense to me either.
Why is THAT so difficult for you to understand?

Actually, no.
I agreed with you at the start, but Smessssy convinced me.

If he was on CNBC making fun of Warren Buffet's investment strategy, I could make fun of him for not even being a millionaire.

And I have NOTHING* to do with Wall Street.

And I do not "root" for Warren Buffet.

I'd just be a critic of the critic bringing up the obvious. And you would tell me I could not criticize Smesssy unless I was Warren Buffet.

*OK, retirement plans, and life insurance, yada,yada,yada. How everyone is involved is not the point here. Yes, corporations are people - ask the little old lady who has is getting paid a retirement plan if she is a person. I digress on a tangent that is not the point.

Oh, sorry. I skipped until like page 21 or something. Long thread.

Real Pats fans WANT to watch **** like that SB42! So don't feel bad...all of us real fans agree with you. We LIKE crap that riles us up and gives us that "us against the world" feeling.

We ARE...the Real Patriots Fans (Fanatics)!

Great thread and thanks for posting!

Sorry, I just want to reply for all of us imaginary Patriot fans.

We do not go looking for insults, sonny. I've long ago learned that Faulk, Sapp, Carter, Ditka - well everyone national - are idiots. Long ago I realized fools who get upset at them are counter productive.

We imaginary fans invite you to add to their ratings. We imaginary fans will just avoid the talk of how Tom Brady is awesome while showing replays of him being sacked. We imaginary fans will not re-watch the Tyree catch and add to hating analyst's perceived importance.

If that means we can not hang with "real" fans, sonny, we'll get over it.

The 2011 Patriots have not made it to the Super Bowl 5 times in 10 years, so your argument sucks.

Again, and still

The 2011 Patriots have not made it to the Super Bowl 5 times in 10 years, so your argument sucks.

Again, and still

In DonBlackmon55's defense, the 2011 New England Patriots made it to the Super Bowl one more time than Cris Carter did.

And if you want to continue to get into semantics, the 2011 New England Patriots have never NOT made it to a Super Bowl. Cris Carter's career was a perfect run of not making it to the Super Bowl.

Any more automatic contrarian wordgames you want to play today, Mr. Irae?

Last edited:
Sorry, I just want to reply for all of us imaginary Patriot fans.

We do not go looking for insults, sonny. I've long ago learned that Faulk, Sapp, Carter, Ditka - well everyone national - are idiots. Long ago I realized fools who get upset at them are counter productive.

We imaginary fans invite you to add to their ratings. We imaginary fans will just avoid the talk of how Tom Brady is awesome while showing replays of him being sacked. We imaginary fans will not re-watch the Tyree catch and add to hating analyst's perceived importance.

If that means we can not hang with "real" fans, sonny, we'll get over it.

Since you guys are only imaginary, how did you post?:D

BTW....I guess even imaginary folks can lurk...but it sounds sort of creepy.

Last edited:
Cris Carter...you deserved what you got in the eyes of Patriots fans.

I hope Cris cried when he got the news!

BIG round of applause from you imaginary folks!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft