PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ebner takes leave of absence to train for the Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golf? Golfs a game, not a sport. Shouldn't be in the Olympics.

I used to feel the same way about golf until I looked up the word sport in the dictionary and found this...

noun
1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling,boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

Thats a great story. I love a good tour although most teams in the UK will not go US for a tour as the 18-20 want to be able to drink. Yeah in rugby big hits don't do that much other than piss people off. You don't want to be at the bottom of a ruck after that.

To show how much times have changed Uconn team won 33-0 they were not not against a great team the women team at the university here has only just formed this year. I was shocked by the sheer numbers of the squad. They are playing a game versus a better team later in the week which I agreed to go watch, this time I'll be supporting Uconn though. It was great learning how much rugby there was at college level in the US and they were equally as shocked to find how much we played football here, I only went as I am one of the university football coaches and two of our players coach the women rugby team.

I used to play for the UConn men's team years ago, but still keep up with how the teams are doing. I play closer attention to how the men's team is doing, but the UConn women's team has been on an upswing the last few years. In November, they won the D1 Fall National Championship (this was new competition put together by USA Rugby) a defeating a team from the Air Force Academy. I knew the women's team was planning a tour this spring, but I didn't pay too close attention to it. It's pretty funny I've been able to get updates on this board.

I used to feel the same way about golf until I looked up the word sport in the dictionary and found this...

noun
1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling,boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

Golf has been called a good walk spoiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes